Longowall ?

S1ngh

I am huge fan of Sant Bhinderanwale's speeches. I got all speeches by bhinderanwalay and also the movies of him giving lectures to huge gatherings. I want to study and get more information about 84's since i am still new regarding the happenings of the time frame of sant jee's last few years.

Speeches that i downloaded from khalsaforce website, i heard sant jee mentioning LONGOWALS name again and again. For instance.. he once mentioned that whenever Sikh see the baestey of our 11th guru sri guru granth sahib jee.. every sikh should finish the culprit without asking the permission from sant longowal and himself (jarnail singh ji).. Many dozen times he mentioned longowal in front of HUGE gathering.. So my question is:

1) Who was longowal in reality? Like what was his position? SGPC, akali dal ?? or what?

2) Sant jee trusted longowal and he was considered as the main person ??

3) If im not mistaken.. i heard stuff like longowal and rajiv ghandi act ?? Why he went to ghandi?? He was with Govt' all the time and dokha dita sant jee nuh? How did longowal died? Natural? Who took him out if shot dead?

3) How many morcha were started by Sant Ji? What were the outcomes?? I know he mentioned once that it's been one year since he and other started the morcha and still their demands didnt meet. and he also said.. "Morchay deh majjborrey naal menu ethay behana peeh reha ya" More info on it??

More questions...

From speeches, i heard sant jee mentioning stuff about Sikh kids who can't have parents money if both parents passed away (like accident)... Is that still in action.. If if youth's parents passed away.. and the youth is under 17 then all his family money will be taken by government? only happens to Sikh kaum and is it still happening??

I also heard that sant jee said.. sikh 17 acre toh vaad jameen nahey leh sakda.. Sikh can't buy more than 17 acres.. I am not sure but i think sant jee did mentioned that in one of his speeches.. im sure that i heard something about 17 acres.. Now sikh can buy more than 17 acres.. one of my relatives had close to 100 before 80's and still got that land.. just curious to know that maybe sant jee meant sikhs can't buy land more than 17 acres outside of Punjab??.. I know there are restrictions on land purchasing for sikhs outside of punjab.. right?

One last question.. From one of the speeches i heard.. their was sudden Kavita war singing started.. but i have doubt it was sant jee.. but still i want to make sure that whether it was sant ji himself or maybe someone else from the stage?? it goes like... hulla the hulla ho reha sikhaaan deh uttay..

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wjkkwjkp!

Harchand Singh Longowal was the President of the Shiromani Akali Dal during 1984. It was Longowal and Santji who started the Morcha and on many occasions Santji would refer to Longowal as 'Santji or Sant Longowal' out of respect. However, Longowal soon became power crazy and instead of fighting for truth, freedom, justice and honour; he got tied up with the bad sangat of Tohra the then SGPC president. They both allowed the Army to enter Darbar Sahib in a feeble attempt to eradicate Santji. In many speeches after Longowal betrayed Santji they made references to Longowal and called him the "Dictator"

After '84 singhs felt it was just to take Longowal out as he betrayed the kaum and Santji's bachans.

Hope this helps a little...

wjkkwjkp!

Firstly this guy was no Saint. He was a politician of very limited ability. No Sikh would have rallied around him had it not been for Shaheed Baba Jarnial Singh Ji being at the forefront of the morcha.

Longowal took a solemn vow to defend the Harimandir Sahib if the GOI attacked. As soon as the attack happened him and his fellow cowards (Tohra etc) found their kachere had turned brown (ie they had $hit their pants) so they all found an empty room, got the other cowards to get some roti pani, campa cola and a good supply of barfi from the SGPC offices.

Whilst the Khalsa soldiers were defending against the SLR equipped Indian soldiers with vintage Enfield 303 rifles and a handful of world war 2 era sten guns, these cowards were sat in their room eating and drinking.

Whilst the sangat were being mowed down by SLR fire these cowards remained hidden in their room.

If truth be told Longowal and Tohra were GOI stooges and had direct contact with the GOI even during bluestar. They were able to communicate their positions to the Indian soldiers. The soldiers after days of fighting managed to get to the hiding den of Longowal. They broke in and found the cowards. The cowards were very scared and begged for their lives. The soldiers knew who they were and due to orders from top brass (Indira and co) these langoors were to be spared as they were of use to the GOI. The soldiers asked them if they were hungry. Longowal pointed to the unopened boxes of barfi and campa cola and said they had hoarded enough supplies and if the soldiers were hungry they could help themselves.

From this cowards convention room the Longowal coetrie were taken out of the Harimandir Sahib complex and to a government rest house. Whilst other members of the sangat were made to sit in the sun with their hands tied behind their back, before being shot dead, these cowards were given VIP treatment.

As the brave Singh were running out of ammunition with very little food Longowal and his circus of cowards were sitting in the government rest house being fed on dhaba style food. They were given a few days rest during which time they completely forgot about their pledge to defend the Harimandir Sahib. They also helped the military by providing information on the last known positions of the various jathedar who were guiding the defence by the Khalsa.

On July 24, 1985 Longowal made his next major mistake. Without being elected to represent the Khalsa Panth he entered into talks with Rajiv and the result wsa the Rajiv Longowal Accord. Longowal was shown sat with Rajiv smiling.

In August 1985 coward Longowal was shot dead at Gurdwara Akal Prakash at Sherpur. That ws the end of this coward.

A few years ago Prof. Chadramujra set up the Akali Dal (Longowal) in honour of this dirty coward.

Firstly this guy was no Saint. He was a politician of very limited ability. No Sikh would have rallied around him had it not been for Shaheed Baba Jarnial Singh Ji being at the forefront of the morcha.

Longowal took a solemn vow to defend the Harimandir Sahib if the GOI attacked. As soon as the attack happened him and his fellow cowards (Tohra etc) found their kachere had turned brown (ie they had $hit their pants) so they all found an empty room, got the other cowards to get some roti pani, campa cola and a good supply of barfi from the SGPC offices.

Whilst the Khalsa soldiers were defending against the SLR equipped Indian soldiers with vintage Enfield 303 rifles and a handful of world war 2 era sten guns, these cowards were sat in their room eating and drinking.

Whilst the sangat were being mowed down by SLR fire these cowards remained  hidden in their room.

If truth be told Longowal and Tohra were GOI stooges and had direct contact with the GOI even during bluestar. They were able to communicate their positions to the Indian soldiers. The soldiers after days of fighting managed to get to the hiding den of Longowal. They broke in and found the cowards. The cowards were very scared and begged for their lives. The soldiers knew who they were and due to orders from top brass (Indira and co) these langoors were to be spared as they were of use to the GOI. The soldiers asked them if they were hungry.  Longowal pointed to the unopened boxes of barfi and campa cola and said they had hoarded enough supplies and if the soldiers were hungry they could help themselves.

From this cowards convention room the Longowal coetrie were taken out of the Harimandir Sahib complex and to a government rest house. Whilst other members of the sangat were made to sit in the sun with their hands tied behind their back, before being shot dead, these cowards were given VIP treatment.

As the brave Singh were running out of ammunition with very little food  Longowal and his circus of cowards were sitting in the government rest house being fed on dhaba style food. They were given a few days rest during which time they completely forgot about their pledge to defend the Harimandir Sahib. They also helped the military by providing information on the last known positions of the various jathedar who were guiding the defence by the Khalsa.

On July 24, 1985 Longowal made his next major mistake. Without being elected to represent the Khalsa Panth he entered into talks with Rajiv and the result wsa the Rajiv Longowal Accord. Longowal was shown sat with Rajiv smiling.

In August 1985  coward Longowal was shot dead at Gurdwara Akal Prakash at Sherpur. That ws the end of this coward.

A few years ago Prof. Chadramujra  set up the Akali Dal (Longowal) in honour of this dirty coward.

160824[/snapback]

yeah, that sums it up pretty well.

In August 1985  coward Longowal was shot dead at Gurdwara Akal Prakash at Sherpur. That ws the end of this coward.

A few years ago Prof. Chadramujra  set up the Akali Dal (Longowal) in honour of this dirty coward.

160824[/snapback]

im confused about this part...

sikhs saw his smiling picture with rajiv thus he was 1 with rajive?

i dont know much about the guy..yea but it would be nice to know what he talked to rajiv and the gov about!

personaly i dont belive pictures can tell everything about the whole situation of the time!

what was their talk all about?

why was he shot...for what reasons? and by whom?

arrgh don't i sound pro longowal etc :wub:

but just would like to know...in case someone asks me! i dont wana be like

ah i dont know he was a trader/betrayed sikh panth. (i dont think anyone would buy that ...especilly those words commin from me without any solid proof.)

Thanks!

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

kaur,

you ever heard of the rajiv-longowal accord?

ok, to sum things up really quick, the dharam yudh morcha wanted the Anandpur Sahib resolution passed. This morcha(movement) was headed up by Sant Sipahi Jarnail singh ji bhindrawaale and Longowaal (the moderates). Longowaal was the badal of that time. He was the leader of the Akaali Dal while Badal was still a little fish back then in the party. Anyways, Longowaal and his akaali crew swore that they would never accept anything less than the Anandpur sahib resolution. The Ananadpur sahib resolution had mostly Punjabi demands as well as sikh demands. The basic demands were chandigarh as the capital of punjab, return of punjabi speaking areas back to punjab when haryana and punajbw as created in 1966, rivers rights of punjab back to punjab control, amritsar declared as a holy city etc.

anyways after operation bluestar, longowaal went back on his oath that he and the akaalis would accept nothing less than the anandpur sahib resolution. he met Rajiv Gandhi and signed the rajiv_longowaal accord which did meet some demands such as the transfer of chandigarh which never happened anyways.....

same old story, akaalis betraying the panth and making false promises in front of akaal takhat sahib. Longowaal promised to die defending darbar sahib and lied, and promised to accpet nothing less than the anadpur sahib resolution and backed out on that as well. the only person to keep their promises to die defending the panth were the "terrorists" sikhs.

• 1 month later...
Guest PunjabSingh

WJKK WJKF !

Is Badal today's Longowal ?

He seems to be betraying the Sikh cause.He has forgotten all issues relating to Sikhs.

So much so the Jathedar Vedanti few weeks back asked Badal to drop the word "Akali" from his party for this reason .

I think jathedar vedanti may have apoligised to Badal after saying this.