Sikhs Learning How To Drive

ranj03

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Best to get a Gora to teach to you to drive. Family members can be impatient!

I learnt from 3 instructors. First old Gora was ABUSIVE! and gave me HOMEWORK to learn about how Engine and hydraulics work! Waheguru. I got one question wrong and he said "If you parents paid for your education, it would be a waste of money." He was very angry person and would shout at me. Waheguru. Didn't stay with him (obviously!) and so got another Gora.

The second instructor BOOKED A HOLIDAY on the day of MY TEST. Then he had the cheek of saying "you didn't tell me." Not my fault if he's got a bad memory and is dis-organised! Waheguru!

Third instructor was nice. Eventually when I learnt how to drive my dad let me use the family car for increasing experience in driving. When I had enough confidence then I took the test in my family car with my dad :wub:

So my advice is learn from a professional driving instructor. Once you learn how to drive and know the basics and stuff, then get a family member to give you lessons and just use the family car to increase confidence and experience.

yup from my experience it is very difficult to learn with asian parents especially if your dad sits in the passenger side and is going mad kicking the floor because he thinks the brake pedal has magically appeared on his side :wub: (men!!)

and when you mom screams just because you ACCIDENTALLY drove her car through garage door - i mean come onnnnnnnnn woman get a grip!!!!!!! rolleyes.gif

plus don't go for lessons with the AA because i failed with them, maybe it was because i hit a tree i don't know but apparantly i was the 1st student ever to be failed with this particular instuctor

so then i got a punjabi instuctor, and boy did he yell! and one time he made me pull over and said "that's it get out :cool: " and i was like huh? what have i done now? and like he made me swap seats and then he told me he's going to show me how i drive.....and like he was zooming around corners and slamming on the brakes etc :@

but ya i stuck with him and i passed - on my 3rd attempt but

LOL.gif i just knew this thread was gonna be ransacked by sum1 from wolves!

i tried 1 lesson with my pops and 2 lessons with apnae and both spoke 2 me like i was something they just stepped on so i switched to the AA and dude after 17 lessons i passed 1st time with 2 minors :TH:

once u passed put some kirtan/simran/paath on LOUD and drive with bir rass like anjaan :wub:

yeeah OMG dont get me started!!!

i had sum MAD SINGH (hus favourite phrse was "PUTH PUT THEE GAS!" ) teaching me (dads mate) n so every 5 mins dads like....tu hon ready aan?? erm noooo i had 2 lessons!!! LOL

n then dad jus trys 2 compete cuz evry 1s daughters hav bludy passed ssssssooooooooo waaa??? aaaarggghhhh!!!

1 day...haha it wasnt funny at th time...but its meks me laff so much wen i think abt it now...

erm me n the mad singh...got involved in sum criminal activity lol... LOL.gif

vaheguru vaheguru...

i was PARKED in tha car on the side of the road abt 2 learn how 2 do a hill start (wa ever tha isss lol)

n i see sum car apppraochin me from the rear view mirror...then the bang in2 me...but lightly lol not enuff 2 cause damage 2 either car (cut along story short, these 2 goreh had been involved in an armed robbery n needed a get away car!!! and sooo they had 2 choose the 1 i was driving lol)

so they get out alll angry all u u wrekd my car u did this...im like ddduuuuh i was prked, the handbreaks on u T***

& then they drive off in the instructors car.. LOL.gif

& mad singh gets his ooold mobile out 2 fone th police and he sez...lol wait 4 it....."kuri police tha numberrr ki ya?" LOLLL n i sed erm 999 LOL n then he cudnt type it in ....man it was sooo funnnyyy...and at the police station i wanid 2 smak him...cuz he had 2 confirm wiv me th colour of his car!!!!! LOLLLLLL

soo i didnt hav lessons 4 like 3 months cuz he neva had a car and then he went 2 india 4 a month...then last wk he randomly turns up at my house 2 giv me a lesson lol but iv got exams n stuff now!! at the end of the lesson he asks wen i want my nxt lesson i was lyk ye ill cal u!

ahhhh anjaan sis...mayb its jus us girly drivers frm wolves??!! :@

:wub:

omg anjaan i agree wiv the dad sittin on the passenger side bit..lol my dad...he has a habit of not sayin "right" or "left" instead its "that way" followd by a nod of the head!!! just 2 annoy him im not havin any lessons now until summer holidays....muhahahaha...

my dad in the passenger seat is the worst, especially when i was having trouble to reverse park, he would get so frustrated. mom was another story, she thought i was some wild driver n always had her hands on the dashboard even though i was going 60km/hr :wub:

I had an instructor who made me laugh every time he spoke. He had a high pitched voice like a little girl.

Best to use a proper instructor. As that immigration solicitor (Harjaap) on Vectone Punjabi used to say "you would not allow your dad to do surgery on you. you would go to a professional". Same with driving go to the professionals.