Who Is Your Guru?

kkaur123

VJKK,VJKF.

I have a question for everyone.

If someone tells you that Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is not the Guru....and instead they say it is a man....what do you do? I am faced with a dilemma...i know of a man who is teaching kirtan to kids and telling them that Guru Ji isnt the real Guru. Should this man be allowed anywhere near Sikh kids or vulnerable people? Should he be given a stage? Should he be accepted by the Khalsa Panth? Should i not say anything to him? If he is mis-guiding people then should we not excommunicate him?

Please advise.

VJKK, VJKF.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji declared Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji as his successor and the one and only Guru for the rest of eternity. THere can be no other person claiming himself to be the successor of the Gurus. ANyone who says otherwise is totally misguided, needs help, and shouldn't be preaching since they are preaching the wrong info.

Sri Guru Granth SAhib contains the bani of our Gurus and bhagats, and it says "Bani Guru, Guru hai bani." So if someone is saying its 'not really teh guru' then he's got another thing coming at him.

phaenjee.. If you can't raise this issue with gurdwara members/leaders, you should inform the parents of the kids.

Please don't mind me saying.. but What is accepted in panth or whom should be exclude from sikh panth is very huge job and we should leave it to the singhs/kaurs who carries vast knowledge of sikh religion and culture. :lol:

<admin-profanity filter activated> nirankariz if your children want to learn kirtan find someone who is a sikh the present wanna b is no true sikh kick him out of the guru ghar how can a man insult guru ji in his own house he should get battered for that - trying to brainwash litttle kids what a sik man do not let your children be near imposters liek him who wanna break up sikhs.

I suggest you tell an elder, the Gurdwara ParDhaan, local Gursikh or the Granthi Singh. Ensure that this man is not in a situation where he can indoctrinate innocent children. Sadly brainwashing kids is often used by Pakhandi groups to break people away from Guru Granth-Guru Panth.

Here are some useful articles for you:

" Who says 'Sri Granth' is Guru? "

" Guru Maaniyo Granth. "

VJKK,VJKF.

I have a question for everyone.

If someone tells you that Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is not the Guru....and instead they say it is a man....what do you do? I am faced with a dilemma...i know of a man who is teaching kirtan to kids and telling them that Guru Ji isnt the real Guru. Should this man be allowed anywhere near Sikh kids or vulnerable people? Should he be given a stage? Should he be accepted by the Khalsa Panth? Should i not say anything to him? If he is mis-guiding people then should we not excommunicate him?

Please advise.

VJKK, VJKF.

Is the teacher a Namdhari? If so, then you might as well accept the fact that he will only believe in his guru. Simple solution, don't learn off him if it's affecting your Sikhi. There are GurSikh teachers out there.

Advise others of the situation and let them make their own decision. If they still want to learnt a Gurmant activity from this person then they are just lame.