• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/displayN...me=filtersearch

WOMAN SHOT BY MASKED GUNMAN

BY PAUL BULL AND JAMES COXON

14:30 - 09 May 2006

A masked gunman shot a woman as she went out of the front door of her Derby home last night.

The woman was leaving her house, in Balfour Road, Pear Tree, at 10pm when she was confronted by a man wearing a balaclava.

The frightened 27-year-old ran back into her home but was shot in the leg as she tried to close the front door on her attacker.

She was taken to Derbyshire Royal Infirmary, where a fragment of lead was removed. Police say that this could have come from a shotgun

It is understood that the woman is a member of the family which runs the neighbouring S & A Self Service Food Store. She was today recovering at home.

Armed police were on the scene within minutes of the shooting but, despite an extensive search, failed to find the gunman.

Investigations were continuing this morning, with officers looking into possible motives for the incident, although they said that there was no suggestion that the shooting was an attempted robbery.

A spokesman said: "We're treating this very seriously and inquiries are continuing to see if we can trace anyone in connection with this incident.

"The injured party went out of her house and saw a man wearing a balaclava.

"She tried to get back in and shut the door. She then heard banging and realised she had a minor injury to her leg.

"Initially, it was uncertain whether it had been caused by splinters from the door or some sort of pellet. A single piece of lead shot was later removed from her leg."

Brian Taylor (59), of Balfour Road, heard the gunshot. He said: "I was in the house when I heard a massive bang.

"I looked across the road and saw a neighbour at an opposite address running from her home towards the shop. I went and followed her and, when I got to the shop, I found a scene of chaos because no-one was sure what had happened.

"The victim was one of the daughters of the shop owner.

"Apparently, as she turned to run into her home, the gunman jammed the door open with his foot and fired the shot. She was lucky - it seemed to skim her leg.

"People said it was a full-sized shotgun which was used in the attack.

"The shopkeeper showed me some CCTV footage of the incident later on and you could clearly see a man dressed in a black balaclava fleeing the scene at speed in a saloon car."

Police are appealing to anyone with information to contact them on 0845 123 3333 or to call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

well this happend a week ago....nothing has come of it....is it jus me or do the 'sikhs' of derby seem lazy or to coward to do something.

it seems the 'sikhs' are lazy or cowards. and they are a little behind.

what have u done since u found out?

what shud we do?

i mean we are cowards. why dont the 'non sikhs' show the 'sikhs' the right way?

what can we really do....i was thinking lets sit down and discuss it, maybe do some parchaar, and then kill some goats...jhatka obviously.

we are slaves, so lets act as slaves.

Sat Sri Akal:

Erm...reading that news story spoke nothing of conversion or a Sikh woman. So as per the requests of Sikhs to do something and calling them cowards, how about some more facts before something could even be considered for action?

So why have these facts not been cleared.....oh n yes i am inticing violence.....u'd think after a 'sikh' girl gets shot it would be time to unsheath the sword....or are the 'derby' lot still gonna sit there and go paji paji......

and on the basis of what have i done.....LOL.....

i aint done nothing......dnt have to do nothing.....i jus sit back and watch the tamasha.....but 'wen' there is a jang to be faught i can be found on the front line.....

Plus the only reason the sikhs are really angry at thie act is cuz the girl is the neice or summit of the pardhan of the gurdwara.

Sikh girl gets shot for not converting to Islam!!!

These kind of events occurred hundreds of years ago, when our ancestors gave up their Lives and not their Faith.

"SIR JAAVEY TAA JAAVEY MAYRAA SIKHEE SIDAK NAA JAVAI" - If my head goes, then so be it, may my Sikhi faith never leave me."

(Bhai mati das)

In this day and age of the 21st century forced conversion still occurs.

A 27 year old woman from Derbyshire got shot after refusing to convert to Islam, her house and shop also got petrol bombed.

This occurred after she had been harassed and blackmailed for the past 6 months.

The Sikh youth needs to be aware and needs to act upon this. Sikh principles show that we should ALWAYS speak up for Faith, freedom and justice.

Below are the websites, telling us what happened

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/displayN...me=filtersearch

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/derbyshire/4755117.stm

Below are some sikhi websites showing that this has occurred before, and more information on Sikhism.

http://www.whyichosesikhism.com/

www.sikhnet.com

www.sikhwomen.com

www.allaboutsikhs.com

www.faithfreedom.org

http://sna.org.uk/cms/index.php

If you know of anyone being

• harassed,

• blackmailed

• abused

Please ask them to contact this number below:

08456440704 – SIKH HELP LINE

Please forward this email to everybody you know!

“Prevention is better than cure”