Six Injured In Drive By Shooting By Two Sikhs In California

Prem

well this is just nice, just what what the sikh community needs - more bad publicity. It's a real hsame that a small percentage of fools can have a lasting impact on other ppl. I hope this two "sikhs" are dealt with harshly when they try to return to sangat. no.gif

I doubt this will bring the reputation of sikhs in the mud. how many hispanic gangs are there in california, in america for that matter? Hispanics are some of the most devout catholics in the world and hispanic gangs kill each other in drive by shootings everyday here in the states. I have never heard catholicism get a bad rep because of them.

these guys are just a bunch of punjabi hot-heads who have to be like the jazzy b videos with the hummer and all....read the news in punjab, people shoot their brothers, even their own fathers over land disputes. every domestic crime committed by a turbaned punjabi doesn't tarnish the image of sikhi. if that was the case then catholics have a lot of cleaning up to do.

you have to distinguish domestic violence from religious actions. Sikhs are not immune to domestic violence.

peace.

lol....how is this sikhi related?

were the two guys even proper singhs? did this happen becasue of something sikhi related? no!

go to punjab, this kinda thing happens in most villages where guns go off at the slightest argument. typical cultural tendencies.

and like how mklq said, we can't control these types of domestic disputes from happening, it's human nature.

but, Prem here just likes to sensationalize any negative news to malign singhs....

Good reply mklq.

Prem you're pulling together a bit of a reputation here over time as more than one person has suggested.

Considering many of your previous posts, I'd be lying if I didn't say that I'm finding this aspect of your post more interesting than your link to the news story.

Sat Sri Akal:

The most positive aspect of the article in the SikhSangat news is that the Sikh community condemned the act and aided the police. Focus on that. Every community and faith has its characters, gotta learn to live with it or life becomes one great disappointment. There were characters like this in Sikh history (the Gurus' own family), and they are still around. Mad props to the Sikhs over there for condemning the act and helping the police in their capture.

Stockton Shootings; suspects surrender

stockton.jpg

By SSNews, news10

May 17, 2006, 16:42

Stockton police have taken two men into custody in a restaurant shooting Sunday night that left six men wounded and hospitalized.

Accompanied by their attorneys, Pardeep Singh, 35 (shown left) and Kulwant Gadri, 39 (on right) surrendered to police. The two are being booked into jail on attempted murder charges for allegedly firing into a group of men outside of the Sansar restaurant in north Stockton about 11:30 Sunday night.

Police are still seeking a third man, Sukwinder Singh, 37 for questioning. He was involved in the earlier argument, according to police, and tried to fire a handgun.

The men, were celebrating at Sansar restaurant following their win at a sporting event earlier in the day. Just after 11:30 p.m. a car drove up to the restaurant on Pacific Avenue in north Stockton and shots rang out, wounding six men in a group outside.

The injured were taken to local hospitals. This morning, the conditions of two of the men were upgraded from critical and the other four are in stable condition.

Stockton police investigators are trying to determine if the shooting is related to an earlier argument at the Arch Sports Complex where the group of men had played soccer.

"There was some type of altercation, people asked to leave the premises, possibly they were involved in shooting later that night at the restaurant," said Lt. Tom Wells.

Some said the fight at the sports complex involved Punjabis who had been drinking or taking drugs.

The Sikh community, which condemned the violence was praised for pro-actively working with the police. "We tell people to stay away from drugs," said Amrik Dhaliwal, a leader at the Stockton Sikh Temple. "That's why this happened, in my opinion." Many local residents say they hope people heed this as a warning not to get mixed up with drugs.