Goin To Church

it is not bad for anyone sikh or amritdarhi sikh to attend other churches out of curiosity and knowledge. As long as you don't actually worship another god - i read hindu related books for my own knowledge and also have attended/woked in other churches before...

Who is this another god??

das exactly wat i was thinkin....go anywhere you want becuz GOD IS ONE

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is not bad for anyone sikh or amritdarhi sikh to attend other churches out of curiosity and knowledge. As long as you don't actually worship another god - i read hindu related books for my own knowledge and also have attended/woked in other churches before...

Who is this another god??

LOL

Think he wrote that without thinking :TH:

lol you guys are crazy... YOU EVER HEARD OF PHILOSOPHICAL WRITTING? Not that some religions think that a stone is a type of god, we as sikhs respect nor slander religions for doing this. We have our way... don't have to tell what thsoe are.

Sheesh... you guys ever just chill and not take everythning on a literal sense... there is no other "god" except waheguru... god... jehovah... bhrahma...

(we just don't view god as that in those properties necesarily)

But i'm sure your typing a replying saying that it's not true...

i need to chill too :@

but that isn't waht you wrote in your original response. Although im sure you knew what you were talking about, i didn't want to assume anything. I pointed it out because pehraps you had some insight that was relevent to the discussion....a different perspective when you said, 'another god'. neways thanks for the clarification. :)

well it was in the original post.. peopel just jump to assumptions and take it to literaly... but all is good now!

I think so too.

Has anyone who has been to a Mandir, church, Mosque etc. ever felt the same vibrations that are present in the Gurudwara?

I always go with an open mind and i've read the Bible many times, i've not as of yet been into a Synagogue. But i've not experienced any shanti as one does at the Gurdwara.

Is it because we go there with a preconcieved idea or a sense of expectations of how it should be rather then being open and available to whatever is there OR do we developed some specific reception that blocks out other types vibrations instead we recieves only those with a specific signature?

So for you, your personal experience does not fit into the first portion, but what are your thoughts on the second? Do you think that we sub-consciously are responbile for being open to a specific type of vibration and not others. Certainly I am not suggesting a comparison of any sorts, but because my experience has brought me the exact opposite results to yours while being in a Church.

Is the source of the words Amen, Om, Oankar different not in the sense of language, but the vibrations that is caused by them?

is it rong to go to church if ur amritdhari? its jst i go to a catholic skoool and every term begining and ended it is compulsory tht we sit through a mass in church and listen to the gospel of jesus....is tht rong?

i mean its ok if u jst remeber waheguru rite?

same q. for mandir's....can u visit them wid waheguru in ur mind and not bowing dwn to the statues? or is jst goin there rong all together?

bhul chuk maf and sorri if this topic is pointless

wjkk wjkf! pray.gif

amritdhari sikhs have to live according to the way a sikh shud live. going to church is ok. going to mandir is ok. going 2 mosque is ok. As long as u pray to the 1 true god. guru nanak prayed with hindus and muslims alike. but guru ji prayed to waheguru ji and did not direct prayers in any given direction nor pray to idols. going church and mandir is ok. dont pray to statues/ idols though. or any other so called god. there is 1. god of all. praying to idols is strictly prohibited, bear this in mind. if u go to mandir what will u do? u can sit and pray to the 1 true god, but people may look at u oddly. so sometimes its best to go only gurdwara. also the mandir is full of superstitious and ritualistic activities that sikhs are against. so to keep your mind pure u shud go gurdwara.

fateh.