Goin To Church

it is not bad for anyone sikh or amritdarhi sikh to attend other churches out of curiosity and knowledge. As long as you don't actually worship another god - i read hindu related books for my own knowledge and also have attended/woked in other churches before...

Who is this another god??

LOL

Think he wrote that without thinking :TH:

lol you guys are crazy... YOU EVER HEARD OF PHILOSOPHICAL WRITTING? Not that some religions think that a stone is a type of god, we as sikhs respect nor slander religions for doing this. We have our way... don't have to tell what thsoe are.

Sheesh... you guys ever just chill and not take everythning on a literal sense... there is no other "god" except waheguru... god... jehovah... bhrahma...

(we just don't view god as that in those properties necesarily)

But i'm sure your typing a replying saying that it's not true...

i need to chill too :@

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm although gurdwara has that peaceful aspect to it...the sangat at the churches = alot better behaved, they all sing along to the hymns and are very respectful / quiet during the sermons...as opposed to our gurdwaras where the bibya are doing choogali on one side and you get the rude bois at the back having a good ol' chat blush.gif A few katha vachiks, kirtanees have complained about this and dont take to kindly to it.

hmm although gurdwara has that peaceful aspect to it...the sangat at the churches = alot better behaved, they all sing along to the hymns and are very respectful / quiet during the sermons...as opposed to our gurdwaras where the bibya are doing choogali on one side and you get the rude bois at the back having a good ol' chat blush.gif A few katha vachiks, kirtanees have complained about this and dont take to kindly to it.

very important point raised... thats one thing that needs to be fixed..

True that Church seems more orderly but I love the atmosphere in Gurdwaras and of course best part is that Guru Sahib is there. I love the fact that kirtan is sung at all times of the day, all days of the week as opposed to set hours on certain days. I love the encouraging nature of seva - anyone can participate, you don't have to be xyz. Beleive it or not I even love the sound of babies and children (although not when it get's out of hand!). Bascially I love the "informality" - the flow of sangat coming, going etc.

ddit(h)ae sabhae thhaav nehee thudhh jaehiaa ||

I have seen all places, but none can compare to You.

it is not bad for anyone sikh or amritdarhi sikh to attend other churches out of curiosity and knowledge. As long as you don't actually worship another god - i read hindu related books for my own knowledge and also have attended/woked in other churches before...

Who is this another god??

LOL

Think he wrote that without thinking :TH:

lol you guys are crazy... YOU EVER HEARD OF PHILOSOPHICAL WRITTING? Not that some religions think that a stone is a type of god, we as sikhs respect nor slander religions for doing this. We have our way... don't have to tell what thsoe are.

Sheesh... you guys ever just chill and not take everythning on a literal sense... there is no other "god" except waheguru... god... jehovah... bhrahma...

(we just don't view god as that in those properties necesarily)

But i'm sure your typing a replying saying that it's not true...

i need to chill too :@

but that isn't waht you wrote in your original response. Although im sure you knew what you were talking about, i didn't want to assume anything. I pointed it out because pehraps you had some insight that was relevent to the discussion....a different perspective when you said, 'another god'. neways thanks for the clarification. :)

very important point raised... thats one thing that needs to be fixed..

oh man this is soo true. Thing that really got on my nerves was the number of phones going off in the darbar sahib. I mean how disrespectful is this. Ok you might say one might have forgotten to switch it off. Fair point but when you hear one phone, that would prompt you to think that you should turn urs off just in case.

In a lecture hall/cinema/hospital/meeting and other places, you turn it off or switch it to silent, so why can't you do this in the Gurdwara???

During the Saturday when Bibi Snatam Kaur visited and did kirtan, a local chap who looked like he was important walking around in the front was actually talking on his phone. Then he put it on the raised stage bit to record the kirtan, and it started ringing. hit.gif

Lord give them some sense pls pray.gif