Sehajdhari Or Patit Sikhs

jassa

khalsa jee,

i have come thorugh many people who born in sikh families who cut there hairs ... and call them sehajdhari sikhs ... i think its all wrong a person who has cut there hairs is patit ... they make one more excuse that they never took amrit they never were guruwale so as they cut hairs they are not patit ...

now i m very much confused ... kindly show me the right way and difference between both

maffi

akal gurbur akal

khalsa jee,

i have come thorugh many people who born in sikh families who cut there hairs ... and call them sehajdhari sikhs ... i think its all wrong a person who has cut there hairs is patit ... they make one more excuse that they never took amrit they never were guruwale so as they cut hairs they are not patit ...

now i m very much confused ... kindly show me the right way and difference between both

maffi

akal gurbur akal

Sehajdhari is a historical term.......itt refers to Sikhs who are slow adopters.......i.e. those who are not Amritdhari (who were known as Khalsa Sikhs).......this could equally apply to those Sikhs who trim their beards ot trim their hair.

When Sikhs were forced to hide in jungles because of bounties placed upon their scalps by Mughal authorities........the Sehajdhari's were the one's who looked after temples.

The current Rehit Marayada of the 1920's considers a Sikh who trims his hair from his face or beard as a patit or apostate.

Hope that clarifies that.

Wahegur Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Patit is Who cut his hairs from any of his body part or u can say do any one of 4 kurehat that person is patit.. the person who belive in Guru granth sahib, following Guru ji's teaching but didnt take the pahul of khanda bata that person is sehajdhari

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

How can you be a patit when you were never a Sikh? To become a Sikh, Amrit is a requirement. It was from the time of Guru Nanak Sahib and shall remain so. Patit (literally renegade or rebel) would refer to someone who was a Sikh (Amritdhari) and then violated the Rehat through Bujjar Kuheraits and/or the Panj Pyare/Sangat ousted him/her from the Panth.

Sehajdhari has been well defined above...a person who is moving towards Sikhi in Rehat, but has not become one yet through Amrit from the Panj Pyare.

Back to the same point: You are not born a Sikh, you have to become one. Those who are born in Sikh families are NOT automatically Sikhs.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

lol

so i would be called a patit or sehejdhari as i always cut my hair. but im quite liberal :|

Cookie.. are you indirectly saying that having hair cut or patit or sehajdhari makes you liberal?

being liberal has no link with cutting hair. i follow the basic teachings of Sikhim but not so religious. in short i totally follow the lines written in my signature.

Guest Narinder Singh

First rule Guru Nanak Dev Ji said to Mardana, when they first met..

Dont cut hair.

grin.gif

Can u back that up? Because i've never heard of that.