Bhatra Sikhs

Big_Tera

SSA, fellow Sikhs

i am a Bhatra Sikh.

bhatra sikhs do not serve or eat any kind of meat in the gurdwara. also they do not drink sharaab in the gurdwara and have never done so. however there is a horrible rumour that we eat meat.this is false. what is true is that we serve bacon and eggs etc at weddings for the janj but this is served in a different building from the actual gurdwara. as bhatra dont mix with other sikh castes that much hence you can see how the meat issue can become confusing.

The ideal is that there are no castes and we can all keep repeating this mantra, but the reality is that there is, and we would be naïve to ignore this. First we have to acknowledge the problem only then can we start to rectify it.

The Bhatras are a very close knit group and rarely have contact with other Sikhs, they have there own Gurdwaras and rarely attend other Gurdwaras. We have a number of Gurdwaras in Leeds and I could probably go to any of them (which I do) but for some reason I would not normally go to the Bhatara one. Infact I would say that if I did most there would wonder why this guy has come to this Gurdwara. It is strange but true.

We used to have Bhatra neighbours and they were shocked when we said we were veggies, “then what do you eat?” came the question.

I remember when I was a young lad, we went to a Bhatra Gurdwara - I played tabla with a guy who used to do weddings as a profession, but I was only about 14 at the time. I remember once we did a wedding at some ones house and the bride and groom were both like 13 year olds !!!, any way I digress - and we went into the langar hall and they were serving egg and bacon and that was on gurdwara premesis, having said that, it was some time ago.

The Bhatra community in Leeds have split into two – no change there then ! – because one are pro meat and the other anti-meat, whether they serve that in the langar hall I do not know.

One question though, why the serving of bacon and eggs to the janj ? Why they not satisfied with samosay and pakoray like the rest of us?

The ideal is that there are no castes and we can all keep repeating this mantra, but the reality is that there is, and we would be naïve to ignore this. First we have to acknowledge the problem only then can we start to rectify it.

The Bhatras are a very close knit group and rarely have contact with other Sikhs, they have there own Gurdwaras and rarely attend other Gurdwaras. We have a number of Gurdwaras in Leeds and I could probably go to any of them (which I do) but for some reason I would not normally go to the Bhatara one. Infact I would say that if I did most there would wonder why this guy has come to this Gurdwara. It is strange but true.

We used to have Bhatra neighbours and they were shocked when we said we were veggies, “then what do you eat?” came the question.

I remember when I was a young lad, we went to a Bhatra Gurdwara - I played tabla with a guy who used to do weddings as a profession, but I was only about 14 at the time. I remember once we did a wedding at some ones house and the bride and groom were both like 13 year olds !!!, any way I digress - and we went into the langar hall and they were serving egg and bacon and that was on gurdwara premesis, having said that, it was some time ago.

The Bhatra community in Leeds have split into two – no change there then ! – because one are pro meat and the other anti-meat, whether they serve that in the langar hall I do not know.

One question though, why the serving of bacon and eggs to the janj ? Why they not satisfied with samosay and pakoray like the rest of us?

Naive to ignore caste?

what are u on bout u eediat! whos naive 2 ignore caste??? how the hell can we be naive 2 ignore caste wen caste does not exist in the mind of a sikh! for a sikh every1 is equal. chamar or jatt or tharkan or wateva, all equal. Why are u a member of a sect? your a member of anotha anti-sikh sect, 1 of many!.

your a hind(u in reality.

If u believe in caste u are a HINd(U str8 up. no doubt. cuz hindus created caste system. if u follow caste system then u must also say u are a follower of brahma, cuz he the 1 that created it. according to hinduismm, brahmins are from brahma's mouth (cuz of their wisdom, lol) only they allowd 2 read gita and be educated which is inequality.

according to hinduismm, khathiris are from brahma's arms (warriors), cuz they are the fighters,,,lmao ...as if no1 else can fight, this is stupidity.

according to hinduismm, sudhrs (lowest caste) are from brahma's feet. and they dont even have the right to pray to god cuz they are too low in caste.

all this is BULLLLL.

IF u wanna follow caste system, therefor u are a follower of the Brahma, therefor u are hind(u. so dont call yourself a bhatri or wateva sikh. just say your "hind(u" simply.

Sangat Ji, AK47 JATHA LION is typical of the ignorance prevailant in Kalyug today. They will read one line of a post and start ranting and raving.

Open your eyes, jaat paat is all around you. This is not to say that it is good, it is very bad, but to ignore it and keep repeating the mantra of "Sikhs do not beleive in jaat, Sikhs do not beleive in Jaat...." is not going to get us anywhere.

We have to first acknowledge the reality. There are Takhan Gurdwara, Singh Sabha (Jat) Gurdwaras, Bhatra gurdwaras, Ravidaas Gurdwaras. None of whom intermarry between the groups, that is the reality.

Until we can breakdown these barriers we cannot come close to the Gurus ideal.

AK47 JATHA LION, you are typical of a group of Sikhs who have little knowledge but shout the loudest and anything remotely Hindu is repulsed. This is showing your own ignorance and prejideces

SSA, fellow Sikhs

i am a Bhatra Sikh.

bhatra sikhs do not serve or eat any kind of meat in the gurdwara. also they do not drink sharaab in the gurdwara and have never done so. however there is a horrible rumour that we eat meat.this is false. what is true is that we serve bacon and eggs etc at weddings for the janj but this is served in a different building from the actual gurdwara. as bhatra dont mix with other sikh castes that much hence you can see how the meat issue can become confusing.

Anyone that claims to belong to a caste is not Sikh!!

Bhatre de bacche!

Sangat Ji, AK47 JATHA LION is typical of the ignorance prevailant in Kalyug today. They will read one line of a post and start ranting and raving.

Open your eyes, jaat paat is all around you. This is not to say that it is good, it is very bad, but to ignore it and keep repeating the mantra of "Sikhs do not beleive in jaat, Sikhs do not beleive in Jaat...." is not going to get us anywhere.

We have to first acknowledge the reality. There are Takhan Gurdwara, Singh Sabha (Jat) Gurdwaras, Bhatra gurdwaras, Ravidaas Gurdwaras. None of whom intermarry between the groups, that is the reality.

Until we can breakdown these barriers we cannot come close to the Gurus ideal.

AK47 JATHA LION, you are typical of a group of Sikhs who have little knowledge but shout the loudest and anything remotely Hindu is repulsed. This is showing your own ignorance and prejideces

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji kee fateh,

sangat ji, plz pay close attention to this reply, it is in reply of "bundha" for his attack on people who speak out against caste system.

Bundha supporting caste system against guru's word

jeez what gave u that impression that i was anti hindu? Bundha if u beleive in caste system so passionately

why dont u de-register from this site and follow brahma. who u calling ignorant? u fool, ignorant is one who embraces caste system blindly when they know full well humans are to beragarded as equals under gods instruction.

Me being too Loud for your liking

If u dont wanna read the truth then close your eyes, or even better dont visit this topic. i will not silent on the account of a mere uneducated <banned word filter activated> who believes in caste system and encourages divisions.

Me being uneducated

AM i uneducated? am i? really? and what led u 2 that conclusion? cuz all i said was "caste system does not exist in the mind of a sikh" and "one who follows caste system is a hindu because hindus created it". If u are calling me uneducated on the account of that then u are dumber than i first initially percieved u to be.

but im humble, even if i knew all there was to know in life, i wud say i know nothin. such is the humbleness of a sikh. However i also know that Guru told us to never argue with an <banned word filter activated> ( u being the <banned word filter activated> in this case). so bye bye <banned word filter activated>. Go preach your caste elsewhere.

me being an evil ignorant fool of kal yug

im a evil product of kal yug?

im telling people not to follow caste system,

im telling people to be good sikhs,

im telling people caste creates divisions,

im encouraging people not to be blinded by lies of castes ....AND IM THE EVIL PRODUCT OF KAL YUG??!

every member of the sangat must ask themselves now... if i was telling u all top follow caste system then what wud i be called? A SANT???

man u dont make sense, what is this nonsense. your a lying snake. (uglier than the rock python stuck on that fence)

final thought

u misunderstood what i was saying earlier. so let me put it in another way to u. Caste system exists only for those who want divisions. in the mind of a sikh caste does not exist. therefore we shudnt see jatt, tharkan ect in our eyes. your sayin thats "ignorance". It is not ignorance. Be a sikh and see through caste system. i dont see chamar or jatt, i see only humans. and last but not least, bundha your are an <banned word filter activated>.

akaal

akaal

Sat sri akaal

post-5397-1151924232.jpg

CASTE IS EVERYWHERE WHICH IS TRUE BUT IT IS NOT PART OF SIKHI SIMPLE AS

I DUNO WHY PEOPLE START POSTS LIKE THESE

WHY NOT START A POST ON NAAM OR SUMTHING THAT AINT GONNA LEAD TO ARGUEING

CASTE DOES EXIST BUT NOT IN SIKHI

PEOPLE THAT THINK IT EXIST IN SIKHI OBVIOUSLY DONT NO MUCH ABOUT BANI N THE GURUS

AND THOSE THAT TRY AND MAKE OUT THAT CASTE IS ACCEPTABLE I FEEL SORRY 4 THEM THE JAMDHOOTS WILL TAKE CARE OF THEM

CASTE IS EVERYWHERE WHICH IS TRUE BUT IT IS NOT PART OF SIKHI SIMPLE AS

I DUNO WHY PEOPLE START POSTS LIKE THESE

WHY NOT START A POST ON NAAM OR SUMTHING THAT AINT GONNA LEAD TO ARGUEING

CASTE DOES EXIST BUT NOT IN SIKHI

PEOPLE THAT THINK IT EXIST IN SIKHI OBVIOUSLY DONT NO MUCH ABOUT BANI N THE GURUS

AND THOSE THAT TRY AND MAKE OUT THAT CASTE IS ACCEPTABLE I FEEL SORRY 4 THEM THE JAMDHOOTS WILL TAKE CARE OF THEM

sat sri akaal

brilliantly said !

im young and these people are flooding my mind with lies. we need more people like u, tellin us the truth. tellin the sikh youth the truth.

sat sri akaal