I Dnt Wana Go To The Mosque!

The 'muslims' you are referring to in Guru Ji's time were not muslims they were tyrannts. And come on not all muslims are like that!!!

I visited the mosque when I was at school and have been a few times since with my best friend who happens to a muslim. During my school visit we were just told about Islam, just like we were told about Islam during our Religious Education classes. Lol...I was never brainwashed or anything like that. When I use to visit with my best mate, I was questioned about my Sikhi but I never had the urge to convert.

I now regularly read books about Islam and other religions as I find them fascinating...BUT I SHALL NEVER EVER LEAVE MY SIKHI!!!

I think you should visit the mosque as it is just an education tool. There is nothing wrong with that.

And to the person who asked if I would ask or tell my parents to come with me when I visit the mosque....well my parents knew and yes they had their reservations but the reservations were only there when I visited with my friend. Also they knew I was strong-minded and no one would influence me to change my faith.

http://www.whyichosesikhism.com/

I personally believe that website was to create tension and unnecessary hatred between the Sikh and Muslim community.

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

He might the best looking, charming richest whatever

so being caring, open minded n loyal doesnt matter ???

It matters if he doesnt force you to islam.

A Sikh should marry off his daughter to another Sikh who is well balanced and not a moorakh

You sound like your half way to conversion but still claiming to be Sikh

look at all the websites from muslims they almost all talk down about Sikhi and glorify islam, and most of the info is munipulated or just plain bull$#*!

It matters if he doesnt force you to islam.

You sound like your half way to conversion but still claiming to be Sikh

this matter is already cleared between us that both of us will have religious freedom.

n btw id love to finish myself than converting to Islam.

religious freedom isnt saying your muslim one minute and a sikh the other.

your either a Sikh or a Muslim and you cant be both.

You sound really young and niave and sheltered at home

Well.. by looking the current situations of Muslims and Sikhs in England, i would recommend sikhs not to attend such gatherings. There are couple of liberal reasons:

First we are not goray or kallay or mexicaaay who do not know anything about Islam. Most of our grandparents lived with muslims before the partition and i am guessing that our generation do know pretty much everything about islam, its culture, religion and history. So school tips such like this will not help you at all, nor it will show you the real islam being in action in Muslim countries. If you do not know about them then that’s different story..

Secondly, we have to support and stand together by not being so liberal to show that we treat all ppls equal and so on.. It is true that Sikhs suppose to see all type of ppls with same eye, but when someone (not all) try to hurt us by stealing our naive, forgotten kurriyan then it gets different. If this trip is in us then i would not stop anyone going to mosque because sikhs and muslims in america goes along with each other pretty fine.. But in england the situation is different (I guess by reading materials online>) and in that situation no matter who you are, we have to show our united support to our sikh brothers/sisters who are keeping the fight to keep sikh kuriyan away from being brainwashed etc. (i would recommend George Clooney’s movie "The Syrian?" sorry for spell).

At last, it wasn't Islam that was against sikhs couple of hundred years ago. It was Mughals who killed and looted soo much from us and others during our gurus time. Auranzeb was bad ruler who happen to be on quest to make whole india Muslim and he wasn't good muslim by himself (i think it was mentioned in guru gobind singh jees zafarnama? sorry if im wrong in that) But anyway.. we cannot judge islam nor its people just by few or maybe more than few bad apples in their society. Think about muslim leaders in Mahraja Ranjit Singh's army.. they didn't backstab us (instead it were gangu doogray?).. think about the muslims of Malerkotla (the only muslim town in punjab and that bond is like sikh-muslim brotherhood since guru jees time. (nawab of malerkotla was on sikh side when mughals were on full defense with sikhs??)

I can go on and on.. but the point is that YES sikh can go to any religious place ONLY if he/she is really strong in his/her own faith. You can go to the religious place whenever you want but make sure to know whether your action can hurt your local sikh community work or not. To decide that its upto you whether you feel comfortable visiting or not. Sorry if i offended anyone ! Chardi kala

Youll kick him out really soon.

Hes almost got you reeled in like a fish on a hook.

Their goal is to do what he is doing with people like you, young and niave and not educated about Sikhi enough.

Would an Amritdahari date a Muslim?