Caste/ Chamaar

Guest Guest

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey it rhymes, wat can i say, my talent gets the best of me at times tongue.gif

and no i wasn't joking

pssssh rolleyes.gif preshiii :umm: yeh u was jokin :lol: << dats my ching face :umm:

was B4ND4 serious?? bout the whole Jazzy B thing? grin.gif

Highly likely init - it dont have to be Jazzy B - any icon and ppl put 2 and 2 together to get 5 rolleyes.gif

I don't get it. How is the Khanda a Jatt thing? don't have a stress people am not gettin 'haumified' about bein Jatt - just neva heard about this until now?? grin.gif

How...

Jazzy B == Jatt.. he sports a khanda..and todays generation believe in what they see ... so Jazzy B represents Sikh Pride/Jatt Pride/Khanda Pride.

No!! A Khanda is Sikh pride thing. All Sikhs use it as their symbol not just Jats. This post was really silly. Most of the younguns in my family wear gold Khanda necklaces.

sikh pride is shown by dastaar not a gold necklace....dang kalyug man

I don't disagree but just making the point that the Khanda symbol is universally Sikh.

yeh it is but i think the point tryin to be made was that some misguided ppl take it and warp the truth making it their own truth....

This IS the situation right now. Rightly or wrongly (I'm leaving my own judgement out of it).

A large group of people associate themselves with Sikhism AND Sikh history. A universal symbol representing this link is the Khanda, which itself only emerged around the 1930s before which Sikhs had different symbols on their flags.

So the question(s) we should be asking is why and who created a new insignia to represent Sikhs. Plus why was this symbol adopted so universally by Sikhs in such a short time?

Any suggestions?

I don't get it. How is the Khanda a Jatt thing? don't have a stress people am not gettin 'haumified' about bein Jatt - just neva heard about this until now?? grin.gif

How...

Jazzy B == Jatt.. he sports a khanda..and todays generation believe in what they see ... so Jazzy B represents Sikh Pride/Jatt Pride/Khanda Pride.

No!! A Khanda is Sikh pride thing. All Sikhs use it as their symbol not just Jats. This post was really silly. Most of the younguns in my family wear gold Khanda necklaces.

Are you a Jatt?