Caste/ Chamaar

Guest Guest

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes ...thre were grt saints..bhagats...holy ppl b4 guru nanak...

but its mentioned in gurbaani ..tht miti dhundh sab chaanan hua!!

thre was a white fog spread over...guru nanak came and dispersed it...

who can kill the fog... only sunlight...and nothing else!!

so guru nanak was like a sun..rest were thre too but...like stars... when sun rises..all stars hide!!

i think u meant

"satgur nanak pragtiaa mitee dhundh JAG chanan hoaa"

• 6 months later...
Guest sum chumaari
I am from a 'chamaar' background and was brought up believing I was a hindu by my parents. As i got older, I went towards the path of Sikhi and realised that I had been fed the wrong info. Ravidass was a bhagat and not a Guru:

'Jahan Jahan Ja Hun, Tahan Teri Seva, Bhagat Heth, Gaveh Ravidassa'

This is from the shabad 'Sachi Preet' composed by Bhagat Ravidass and he refers to himself as a Bhagat who where ever he goes will serve Waheguru.

Bhagat Ravidass's compositions are within the Guru Granth Sahib and thats that.

Guru Nanak is the first Guru because he was chosen by Waheguru to convey the message of Sikhi. Therefore, he is the first teacher of Sikhi and so making him the first Guru. Anyone before Guru Nanak was a Bhagat. Bhagat Ravidass was born before Guru Nanak. Guru Nanak was fairly young when he met Bhagat Ravidass who at this time was in the later years.

Hope that helps. If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to ask them and I will try my best to answer them.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

erm so ravidass doesnt call himself a guru in the bani so hes not a guru.... did the other "Guru's" call themselves guru, i.e. Nanak?

also ravidass calls himself chumaar in the bani so he is?...but hold on sikhs dont believe in caste so y is he tagged so? yeh its there so it is...

so people who dnt follow the full sikh/ hindu path and follow ravidass will obviously call him their guru..as he moved them from darkness to light...

every1 just contradicts one another no matter what topic is brought...isnt that just hillarious...

I am from a 'chamaar' background and was brought up believing I was a hindu by my parents. As i got older, I went towards the path of Sikhi and realised that I had been fed the wrong info. Ravidass was a bhagat and not a Guru:

This is from the shabad 'Sachi Preet' composed by Bhagat Ravidass and he refers to himself as a Bhagat who where ever he goes will serve Waheguru.

Guru Nanak is the first Guru because he was chosen by Waheguru to convey the message of Sikhi. Therefore, he is the first teacher of Sikhi and so making him the first Guru. Anyone before Guru Nanak was a Bhagat. Bhagat Ravidass was born before Guru Nanak. Guru Nanak was fairly young when he met Bhagat Ravidass who at this time was in the later years.

Hope that helps. If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to ask them and I will try my best to answer them.

erm so ravidass doesnt call himself a guru in the bani so hes not a guru.... did the other "Guru's" call themselves guru, i.e. Nanak?

also ravidass calls himself chumaar in the bani so he is?...but hold on sikhs dont believe in caste so y is he tagged so? yeh its there so it is...

so people who dnt follow the full sikh/ hindu path and follow ravidass will obviously call him their guru..as he moved them from darkness to light...

every1 just contradicts one another no matter what topic is brought...isnt that just hillarious...

*sum chumaari*

Look, Bhagat Ravidass is a guru to his followers just as the 10 Gurus are to their sikhs.

Guru isn't a monopolised term for sikhs, many people follow many gurus. We don't have the right to say that Ravidass was or wasn't a guru, however he wasn't part of our line of 10 Gurus.

If you understand which context the term guru is used for, then, yes, Ravidass was A guru.

Also their nishaan Sahib. Its says Har. Since people are following Bhagat Ravidass before the Gurus, is it right for us to force our views onto them, especially SGPC ones?

Oh yeah, also I don't mind people calling themselves chamars, I am tolerant, I don't start lecturing about why r u using caste blah blah, or one of the abusive caps lock fellas in another thread.

No one please ask me about caste/tribe/clan affiliation please. It emabarasses me because I start thinking I'm talking like a Hindu and there is no difference between us. Plus all the stuff I tell other communities (who ask) about Sikhism striving for equality and castelessness becomes nothing but hypocritical drivel then! Lol

I can't change others opinions but for myself a Sikh is a Sikh, and a key aspect of this I've always believed in was seeing others as equal brothers.

Whoa! There is nothing wrong about taking pride of your heritage as long you're not looking down on others.

tru story ^^^

u well remind me of my bruva - he's a Jatt fanatic - i think its u or is it that otha Bhaji on here....confusssed noooww <_<

I am NOT a jatt fanatic, it is just I don't see anything wrong with someone taking pride of his/her heritage.

I am a fanatic against people who r anti-jatt :) ))))

in other words, an anti-anti-jatt fanatic :D

• 2 months later...
Guest chamr da putt

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: hello to tell u the truth u dont now wat ur talkin about he was a guru ok ....frist of all wat is the maenin of a guru ..it a teacher and ravidass was a teaher just like guru nanak and if u think u now everyting y do chamars write shi guru ravidass ji on ther tamples every tample is name in that way it isnt one that say bhagt so u try to say everyone a lier so get ur fact right and ur a chamar u should now more about it