Today (like every other day) i questioned islam

Pheena

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

WE had a discussion in sociology class..

and someone said (a muslim) said that God tests us all the time and stuff, because our teacher said something about Muslims being narrowminded or something tongue.gif (half my class is muslim ;) )

well some 1 said that God tests us..for some reason..

and then i thought (and asked in class) that if God is Almighty, and Alknowing (like Muslims + Sikh believe in)...WHY does GOd then need to test us :@ ?

God already knows everything..why does God test us?

WHy did God send an Angel to test Abrahim...if GOd already know that he would sacrifise his Son..

No answer..or if someone wanted to answer their answers would be absurb as..

well the devil Give us Temptations to do bad stuff......

so theres not only a Good force...but a bad as well..

tha was the BEST arguement they had...lol

I broke all of their arguements apart..and in the end no1 had an answer!

My opinion:

No DOUGHT God is Almight/ Allknowing...

but I think the concept of God "testing us" is a bit wierd (OR ASBSURB).. because If God knows EVerything WHy would God Test us :@

its like..If u know something for sure..u wont go and ask ur teacher about it..will u :D

Also....Then i think about it

Guru Nanak Dev Ji tested Guru Angad Dev ji ..

why :T:

is it to SHOW PEOPLE...that he is a faithful disciple

and that's why he gave him Guru ship?

NO DOUGHT GURU JI WAS BRAHM (WAHEGURU) and not BRAHMGYANI...BUT HE WAS WAHEGURU HIMSELF (INCARNATION)

why would he then test Guru Angat Dev Ji ..isn't that Kinda against our philosofies...that God's Almight....cause if God IS then he should need to test :@

BHULL CHUKK MAAF..

and forgive my ignorance :)

Keep Smiling :(

Testing is needed for the mind has a Free will. God knows what you need and what you don't need hence he is All knowing.

As far as testing his deciples, The testing is not done for because God needs to know, but for his deciples as a way for the Deciples to know what is being and has been gained by him. To remove their own Doubts, not gods. If God did not test you, there would be no way for you to measure your Improvement. So the Deciple can know if he is on the right path or not....god tests you by giving you bad news, whether they were meant to be thru Karma or not i dont' know, if you cry and get depressed by it, you are still attached and need more guidence, if no activity happens to you state of mind, it means whatever you are doing is the right thing. It is not for God, but for your reassurence.

You can only have of Result of Pass or Fail if you have been Tested, you cannot know if you are on the right path or not without being tested. Death Tests you if you fear death then you have failed, if the Fear is Eradicated you have passed.

Guru Nanak dev ji tested, Bhai Lehna ji, to show to other and to measure if Bhai ji can accept the Hukam without comtemplating on whether it is right or not. To see if the Trust and Faith in Bhai Lehna ji was Enough for him to carry the Weight of Guruship. To me it seems only Fair that a Guru test his deciples to see if they are improving or not. But the Testing is done more for the Deciple than it is done for the Guru.

Waheguru

Sat Sri Akal:

If the Almighty put us through a test, do you think any of us could pass??? This is the Almighty we are talking about...

Only those who are made by the Almighty to pass the test pass those tests. What free will or cunning would allow us to pass a test that the Almighty without the Almighty's permission???

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

whoever calls me god shal burn in hell

by guru gobind singh je

and the above post about waheguru and the gurus is also by guru gobind singh je.

their both in bachiter natak

bhul chuk maff

I am well aware of that...

but I personally interpret that as..

Guru JI wanted to be Humble....

and didn't want people to begin worshipping PERSONS...even tho Guru JI cannot be compared to everyday person....

I donnu :(:@

Pheena Ji I agree with that...but knowing that "I have passed the test"

not increase the possibility of getting Ego/HAUME ;)

:@

CAN someone please enlighten me here :)

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Pheena Ji I agree with that...but knowing that "I have passed the test"

not increase the possibility of getting Ego/HAUME :(

:@

CAN someone please enlighten me here :)

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Ofcourse veer, You can make Haume out of anything you achieve but When you believe that all that is gained is gained thru his Blessing, then that leaves no place for Ego. There is obviously some effort that needs to be made from our point, but if you take a look at the whole picture, everything is his blessing. He himself blesses us with the Strenght....but we can and do make mistakes on this path. It can become a Humble path, but it also can become a dangerous one.

When you realize that you have passed, know that you are doing something right that you are ab

le to recieve his blessing. That your Bowl is sitting right side up for his grace is filling it up. It gives you more and faith in him and the more you begin to realize that all is his doing.