Media Attention On Radio Presenter Overrides Beadbi Of Guru Ji

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

On 16 July 2006, the Sikh community from around the UK once again gathered to protest at the beadbi of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji’s Saroop by certain individuals from Watford. Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji’s Saroop was brought in a metal suitcase which was a distressing and outrageous act for Sikhs to witness.

On 16 July 2006, a radio presenter called Jasvir Singh was beaten up somewhere in Hounslow. Until now no one has clearly defined the reasons for the beating, but Punjab radio and its fan club have milked the story to make Jasvir Singh a martyr to the cause. The various Sikh discussion forums, Gurdwaras, the Punjabi Radio Stations and the Punjabi press have all spent a great amount of time on the story of Jasvir Singh’s beating.

It amazes me how much energy our kaum have to input into highlighting an issue of the turban of an outspoken radio presenter being knocked off and how little energy our kaum have to highlight the issue of the turban of our father Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj being knocked off when the beadbi of Maharaj’s Saroop takes place.

The Watford beadbi has received almost insignificant coverage in the Punjabi media compared to the attack on a alleged “panthic sewadar” Jasvir Singh. I am not saying the attack on Jasvir Singh was right or wrong as I don’t know the full facts.

OK, maybe it's an over reaction on my part, but the fact that an attack on an individual, who is perceived to be a celebrity or a personality, grants them a special status in the media and community over an attack on our eternal Guru is shameful.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

On 16 July 2006, the Sikh community from around the UK once again gathered to protest at the beadbi of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji’s Saroop by certain individuals from Watford. Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji’s Saroop was brought in a metal suitcase which was a distressing and outrageous act for Sikhs to witness.

On 16 July 2006, a radio presenter called Jasvir Singh was beaten up somewhere in Hounslow. Until now no one has clearly defined the reasons for the beating, but Punjab radio and its fan club have milked the story to make Jasvir Singh a martyr to the cause. The various Sikh discussion forums, Gurdwaras, the Punjabi Radio Stations and the Punjabi press have all spent a great amount of time on the story of Jasvir Singh’s beating.

It amazes me how much energy our kaum have to input into the turban of an outspoken radio presenter being knocked off and how little energy our kaum have for the turban of our father Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj being taken off when the beadbi of Maharaj’s Saroop takes place.

The Watford beadbi has received almost insignificant coverage in the Punjabi media compared to the attack on a alleged “panthic sewadar” Jasvir Singh. I am not saying the attack on Jasvir Singh was right or wrong as I don’t know the full facts.

But the fact that an attack on an individual who is perceived to be a celebrity or a personality grants them a special status over an attack on our eternal Guru is shameful.

People like Jasveer Singh are dying to have this kind of exposure!! They represent the Sikhs who only live for Chaudar. The Punjabi press is all about Chaudar.

Guruji will take Panthic Seva from the right people. While the Punjabi press will continue printing pictures of Mr Singh who has donated £5 to Gurdwara Building Fund!

Jasveer Singh should ring up Thekedaar of Miri Piri Southall and ask him about how to milk the situation. :D

I agree our people do not value our own Guru. We are more upset by jasbir getting beats. mabye he deserved them maybe he didnt. Your Guru should not be disrespected, but yet they were. How many of you passionately care about that? We all need to get our priorites right. It is a real shame we care more of some two bit presenter.

It's all about being a famous personality. The media only put out what the listeners or readers want to hear. It's obvious, a Jasvir Singh's beating is more interesting. Guru Ji's beadbi has become borng and is a repetitive news item.

Even the swami geeza's visit to UK is getting more media and Gurdwara committee attention than Maharaj's beadbi. Why is it we can never get any stage time to highlight beadbi issues but the swamis and the famous radio guys get stage time as soon as the walk into a Gurdwara.

We need to get our priorities right!

What happened when they brought Guru Ji in a suitcase?

has any action been taken against those who did something so disgusting.

Well the problem is Singh we live in times of peace. LOL.gif And we must not get fanatic about our Guru. I mean it might stand you in good sted when you die but while you are here please lick some a$$ of a white man or hindu dude, we must please them more than our Guru.

Lebanon, Afganistan, Iraq, Kashmir, Punjab.........

and Singhs think we live in peace. LOL.gif

Careful! If you get to fanatical about your Guru you might be accused of being a Kharkoo! Now we don't want that....Stick to talking about Radio presenters or floating Swamis with flexible stomachs. Your on safe territory there.

It does not surprise me that the kicking of bloke like Jasvir Singh gets more media coverage than the beadbi of Guruji's Saroop. The general Sangat don't want to deal with beadbi, it's too much hassle. Let's just ignore everything.

Careful! If you get to fanatical about your Guru you might be accused of being a Kharkoo! Now we don't want that....Stick to talking about Radio presenters or floating Swamis with flexible stomachs. Your on safe territory there.

It does not surprise me that the kicking of bloke like Jasvir Singh gets more media coverage than the beadbi of Guruji's Saroop. The general Sangat don't want to deal with beadbi, it's too much hassle. Let's just ignore everything.

ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE LOVE FOR DHAN SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI WILL DO ANYTHING ABOUT BEADBI.

OTHERS WILL SIT BACK AND IGNORE OR CRITICISE.