Converting Religions

singhsingh21

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

And since they were answered I will never, even on death, forfiet my Sikhi at any price etc.

Waheguru

Sikhi is deeper than the majority of Sikhs view it. Life is God and God is Life.

SatNam

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one is born a Sikh. We are all converted to Sikhism before becoming and calling ourselves Sikhs. Initiation into the faith is the very first rehit:

"Pratham rehit yeh jaan khanday kee pahul chhakae ||

Soee Singh pardhaan avar na pahul jo leae ||"

(To drink Khanda dee pahul (Amrit) is the primary instruction for the Sikh. He who abandons all other initiations is truly a great Sikh.)

- Bhai Desa Singh Rehitnaama.

No one is born a Sikh. We are all converted to Sikhism before becoming and calling ourselves Sikhs. Initiation into the faith is the very first rehit:

"Pratham rehit yeh jaan khanday kee pahul chhakae ||

Soee Singh pardhaan avar na pahul jo leae ||"

(To drink Khanda dee pahul (Amrit) is the primary instruction for the Sikh. He who abandons all other initiations is truly a great Sikh.)

- Bhai Desa Singh Rehitnaama.

well said

Yeah, but if a sikh converts to islam or any other faith wouldnt you think thats wrong?

I think people should respect the religion there are born into.

..what if yuor not born inti any religion?

I think it's up to the person on whether they convert or not. It's perfectly find... a sikh can be found in any reigion and follow waheguru's word. I am even happier in sikhi than JW.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Respecting the religion they are born into isn't the right thing to do. I know you mean a sikh should respect sikhi if they are born into a sikh family... but what about a hindu? muslim? christian? should we all just "accept" the religion we are born into?

I think Pritam Singh here will tell ya that no one can be born into any religion. You have to discover religion for yourself, and then choose the best one based on your knowledge. Its those who don't do that that, especially in punjabi culture, who run around swinging khandas and drinking booze at the same time.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

every relegion has different way to go towards the god ... so one should look in all relegions and choose which ever he can follow fully with all his heart no matter its hindusim islam or christianity .... i complete hindu will one day get god but not an uncomplete sikh ...

more over respect all follow one ... sikhism starts where all relegions end ...

Why? Sikhi is the religion of no falsehood, why would we discouarge people to follow the true path when they themselves come in search of it! pray.gif

GurFateh jio

seriously...

if someone actually experiences Sikhism...

feels the bliss...

feels the arms of our Guru...

tastes the ras (sweetness) of Naam...

knows the power of Amrit...

feels the activeness thanks to Amrit-vela...

wears the crown upon the head...sees the wicked chera (appearance)

who WOULD leave Sikhism?

NOOOOOBODY :@

Yeah, but if a sikh converts to islam or any other faith wouldnt you think thats wrong?

I think people should respect the religion there are born into.

..what if yuor not born inti any religion?

I think it's up to the person on whether they convert or not. It's perfectly find... a sikh can be found in any reigion and follow waheguru's word. I am even happier in sikhi than JW.

btw...whats JW? :):@