Are Other Religions Wrong?

Surrey Singh

Buddha says there are Four Pillars of Religion.

Compassion

Patience

Love

Meditation/Dhyan

If a Religion is based on these 4 Pillars, then it is correct to assume that it has a foundation on which one can walk and reach Khuda.

Now which Messenger/Phrophet/Guru/Avatar did not teach this message?

Now your questions are other religions wrong??

Every religion is a Path to God if the foundation of the religion is based on those 4 things.

One can refute that the a vast period of time had gone by before the Quaran and the Bible was written. So the bible and the Quaran have changed from their original messages. It is a know fact that there are over 50 different versions of the Christian Bible. Are all of them right or they are wrong? That should not be the question, the question should be how is it changing their life? What kind of transformation is being taken place within them?? Have they become more Compassionate, have they gained the patience and love. It is the result which matters.

YOu can without a doubt find discrepencies comparing EVERY religion and furthermore you can find discrepencies within one religion. They do this , but this sect does not. If you want to try to understand why does one do this and the other does not and then try to lable on right and the other wrong. Once you have answered that question, another will arise and take its place. Look not at what they do, but look at their results. If and when you look at the results and you see their face lit with golden mask and their eyes filled with love, the question of whether that man's path is right or wrong is no longer necessary bec

ause the result is in front of you.

If that man you see is still filled with hate, then don't be quick to blame the religion, but understand that the man himself has not yet understood the path himself. It is not the fault of religion, but the ability of man to understand the true message of what a religion teaches. Following a Religion is not an easy task, one must be true to himself. Being true to oneself can only he understand the truth of his religion.

Remember this a journey, which has been going on for lifetimes...Those Muslims that someone might hate for whatever reason...who knows perhaps he was born in a muslim family in his past life and loved his then muslim Religion. People forget the vastness of their existance, they forget the path they have traveled.

EDIT: I should mention that when i said Meditation. A prayer can become meditation, The reading of any Holy book can result in Meditation which leads to Silence. The methods are many, the result is the same.

What then is meditation? Just sitting silently doing nothing, witnessing whatsoever is happening all around; just watching it with no prejudice, no conclusion, no idea what is wrong and what is right.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

islam does not teach meditation at all (sufi isnt really islam). plz read more about islam and example the original saheeh hadiths......and the oldest qurans around.........u will be (un)pleasantly suprised that prophet mohammed was one crazy murderin' <admin-profanity filter activated>.....even guru gobind singh sez in bachittar natak......that man got TOO much ego and went crazay!

islam does not teach meditation at all (sufi isnt really islam). plz read more about islam and example the original saheeh hadiths......and the oldest qurans around.........u will be (un)pleasantly suprised that prophet mohammed was one crazy murderin' <admin-profanity filter activated>.....even guru gobind singh sez in bachittar natak......that man got TOO much ego and went crazay!

Why do u find it necessary to put the Prophet Mohammed down??

Would you be upset if someone put our guru Gobind Singh ji down and called him what you are calling Mohammed??

The point I am trying to make is Do you know who Prophet Mohammed was?? Were you alive when he became "one crazy murderin' blah blah" ? Whatever you read do you read with Absolute Certainty that it is the utmost FACT about that person?? So you read it in more than one place so you assume that it must be correct?

If the message that Mohammed wanted to present in the Koran and the Koran is no longer the Absolute truth that Mohammed had orignally presented. And you are trying to understand someone from a book that he himself did not write. That book which could have been changed from his original version. So are you still Absolute Certain that Mohammed was a "one crazy murderin' blah blah"???

If you are not 100% CERTAIN about someone Don't say anythin

g which might cause you to regrett what you have said.

Do you have this Bachittat natak in a .doc or .pdf file format...if so can you please post that part in which Guru ji says he went crazy???

I am not here to insult any ones views on religion as i know my views will be criticised as well.

I have family who are christians, jews, hindus, islamics, rastafarians and jains. Family gatherings are never pretty.

I always said to my grandfather why dont these people change to sikhism like the rest of us. His reply was

" Let us speak metaphorically. Lets take god to be the peak of Mount Everest. At the bottom you have numerous people ready to climb the mountain in order to reach God. Taking each one of these people tobe a seperate religion. They will all start at the same time and will all get there (hoping no one dies along the way) and during that time some persons will cross paths and share ideas on getting to god. Some people will get to god quickly while others will take ages."

What he meant was that every religion is correct if followed with endless faith as Guru Nanak Dev Ji said if you want to be a muslim be a true muslim, if you want to be a hindu be a true hindu.

My grandfather used to say that thankfully the path of sikhism if followed properly is probably the quickest route to God then any others but you can still reach god by the other routes but they will take longer.

He always said don't insult another faith unless you know totally about it so no one can lie to you about its ethics.

Phrophets are born again and again and will coninue to do so once people forget the knowledge of God. He always said anything started by a prophet of God has to be true due to god being the divine creation behind it all.

when guru gobind singh described mo he said he got way too much ego, he didnt say he went crazy tho since guruji just did a quik history of a few religious figures....it certainly wasnt a positive description.

guru nanak dev ji......when guruji talks about muslims......hes talking about sufi muslims.....not all the other crazay ones

i am about 99.9999999999% sure mo was a crazay murdering peado (im not usually 100percent sure on most things) because the hadiths his followers wrote do the best to say he was merciful was restrainted etc but some parts admit a few things he did....like destroying villages of jews, taking slaves etc but then defends it afterwards or just sees it as the culture of the time - why would his followers make him out 2 b evil? ALL the historical info we have on mo shows him to bad pretty much..........now not ALL Of history can be changed.....considering how many hadiths there are

www.faithfreedom.org is a good place to learn about islam.....

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Pheena Bhaji

I agree totally that the Budha seems to have realised ( pun ) what the essence of religion is. Compassion, Patience, Love, Meditation/Dhyan are factors that one can to determine the truth of any message. But where you have made a mistake is to claim that all prophets, avatars, messengers have these in their message.

I will make a big assumption here and assume that you mean that these four attributes should be practicised with both followers of that religion and non-believers. If this is what you meant then Islam does not allow these four attributes to be practicised on non-Muslims. I could post a whole lot of quotes from the Koran which detail how Kafirs are to be dealt with and none of them say treat them with Love, Compassion or Patience. So if we are to use your argument to determine a true religion, Islam fails that test.

You enquired by the Bachittar Natak quote-;

Mahaadeen Tab Prabh Upraajaa

Arab Des Ko Keeno Raajaa

Tin Bhi Ek Panth Upraajaa

Ling Binaa Keenay Raajaa

Sabh Te Apnaa Naam Japaayon

Satnaam Kahoon Na Drirhaayon ( Bachittar Natak 25-26 )

The Guru refers to Mohammed as Mahadeen. How he was created by God and how he was made King of the Arabia. But he also created his own religion, circumcised the kings and then got his followers to recite his own name instead of God's name and his contemplation.

GurFateh

Bikramjit

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Pheena Bhaji

I agree totally that the Budha seems to have realised ( pun ) what the essence of religion is. Compassion, Patience, Love, Meditation/Dhyan are factors that one can to determine the truth of any message.

You enquired by the Bachittar Natak quote-;

Mahaadeen Tab Prabh Upraajaa

Arab Des Ko Keeno Raajaa

Tin Bhi Ek Panth Upraajaa

Ling Binaa Keenay Raajaa

Sabh Te Apnaa Naam Japaayon

Satnaam Kahoon Na Drirhaayon ( Bachittar Natak 25-26 )

The Guru refers to Mohammed as Mahadeen. How he was created by God and how he was made King of the Arabia. But he also created his own religion, circumcised the kings and then got his followers to recite his own name instead of God's name and his contemplation.

GurFateh

Bikramjit

But where you have made a mistake is to claim that all prophets, avatars, messengers have these in their message.

I will make a big assumption here and assume that you mean that these four attributes should be practicised with both followers of that religion and non-believers. If this is what you meant then

Islam does not allow these four attributes to be practicised on non-Muslims. I could post a whole lot of quotes from the Koran which detail how Kafirs are to be dealt with and none of them say treat them with Love, Compassion or Patience. So if we are to use your argument to determine a true religion, Islam fails that test.

Veer ji, I asked another Fellow muslim what was meant by the terms Kafir, this was her reply
In the light of the above verses the word kafir has been used in the Qur’an for two meanings:

1. Rejecter of the faith [verses 1-3-4-5]. The fourth verse [2:64] is very meaningful - in that it tells us that it is part of Allah’s pattern and tradition, sunnah, that some people are ‘believers’ and some are ‘rejecters.’ It is the some Godly-sunnah everywhere else - there are plains against mountains, rivers against dry land, flowers against thorns, good against bad, sick against healthy, black against white, and so on. This is Allah’s scheme of things so that people and things are distinguished from one another but the best are the most pious and fearful of their Creator Who alone knows and judges their piety from false pretence.

2. Apostate - a Muslim who renounces his faith and dies in that state [verse 2].

Kafir is a descriptive term used for someone who rejects something. Hence even a Muslim who rejects some other religion may be termed kafir as a rejecter of that faith.

Kafir in Urdu is one of the attributes of the beloved, e.g., Ghalib’s verse: main hua kafir to woh kafir musalman hogaya..

It is clearly held by the scholars of Islam that a non-Muslim may be termed ‘kafir’ only if he rejects Islam after properly knowing it. Since most non-Muslims simply do not have any clear idea about the teachings

of Islam, they cannot be termed ‘kafir.’.

Again everything in the Koran can be refuted with the claims of its Authenticity. Is everything that mohammed said written in the Koran to the fullest and precise?? No one knows....but people have FAITH veer, that Faith in their REligion which does bring a transformation into the Truth. I am sure there are many many Muslims who are filled with love and compassion. I know of Muslims who accept other religions as a Path to god. In My Opinion Kafir is word that is mis-used.

Sure you can give me quotes which are negative about Kafirs the Non-Belivers, but then the question arises who wrote them??? Are you certain it was Mohammed when he did not write nothing of his own...The koran was written few hundered years after mohammed. So what is the truth. I don't know, but i won't bad-mouth someone like mohammed.

Page 319

Fifth Mehl: 

mÚ 5 ] 

mehlaa 5. 

ATy phr Baudw iPrY Kwvx sMdVY sUil ] 

Twenty-four hours a day, he wanders around, driven by his hunger for food.

ATy phr Badw iPrY Kwvx sNdVY sUil ] 

athay pahar bha-udaa firai khaavan sand-rhai sool. 

dojik paudw ikau rhY jw iciq n hoie rsUil ]2] 

How can he escape from falling into hell, when he does not remember the Prophet? ||2|| 

dojik padw ika rhY jw iciq n hoe rsUil ]2] 

dojak pa-udaa ki-o rahai jaa chit na ho-ay rasool. ||2|| 

the word Rasool is used by Muslims for their Prophet.

Page 613

ijh gur mwin pRBU ilv lweI iqh mhw Anµd rsu kirAw ] 

One who has faith in the Guru, and who is lovingly attached to God, enjoys the delights of supreme ecstasy. 

ijh pRBU ibswir gur qy bymuKweI qy nrk Gor mih pirAw ]3]

One who forgets God and forsakes the Guru, falls into the most horrible hell. ||3||

Isn't guru ji describing a Kafir, except for the words Mohammed, Guru ji has used the word Guru which eliminates any specific person, but that who has acheived enlightenment, a Master.

IN my opinion Again it is a misunderstood word on which many advantages have been taken by those who already had hatred within them.

I must say there is a grave difference between what the message is and what it has been interpreted as.

Then again i don't know the whole truth, I could be wrong about the religion in its entirety, but i will not say Islam is not the right religion, for the results of Sant Kabeer ji who read the Koran when he was a child. Why would a great Soul like him need to read soemthing that is false??

Thanks for the quote from the Bachittar Natak veer.

My apolgies if i have said something wrong. Please feel free to correct me.

Waheguru