Are Other Religions Wrong?

Surrey Singh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I was having a discussion with a Christian girl in my class about what happens after death. I told her about what Guru Ji says (churasee lakh joon, etc)...but she said that Christians do not believe in re-incarnation and that before this life we all lived in a 'spirit world'...the thing that confuses me is this: i know 100% for sure that whatever Guru Ji has told us is the Truth, but does that mean that all of the billions of Christians, Muslims etc..are wrong? i brought up the points as to why some are born handicapped, or some people in 3rd world countries starve their whole lives, or some babies die when they are very young...what happens to them?...her response was that we have to make the best of what we got...and that everyone can make it to God, if they be the best they can, with what they have. She also said that if a baby dies, or a handicapped person, they automatically go to heaven. All of this does not add up to me, because why would God 'bless' some with 'good' lives, and make others suffer? There is definitely Karma in the universe. Why would one person have to pray alot, avoid sins all their lives, and live a disciplined lifestyle to make it to heaven, and a little baby who dies right after birth, does not do anything, and goes to Heaven? ... Again my question is this: are all the other religions wrong?...misled?...why are there so many differences in religious beliefs, since there is only One God anyway? i would love to hear your views on this matter.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat Sri Akal:

Surrey Singh Sahib, nowhere in the Bible is there evidence backing the claims of the Christian lady.

Guru Granth Sahib has a wonderful Shabad concerning this:

raamakalee mehalaa 5 ||

Raamkalee, Fifth Mehl:

koee bolai raam raam koee khudhaae ||

Some call Him, 'Raam, Raam', and some call Him, 'Khudaa-i'.

koee saevai guseeaa koee alaahi ||1||

Some serve Him as 'Gusain', others as 'Allaah'. ||1||

kaaran karan kareem ||

He is the Cause of causes, the Generous Lord.

kirapaa dhhaar reheem ||1|| rehaao ||

He showers His Grace and Mercy upon us. ||1||Pause||

koee naavai theerathh koee haj jaae ||

Some bathe at sacred shrines of pilgrimage, and some make the pilgrimage to Mecca.|

koee karai poojaa koee sir nivaae ||2||

Some perform devotional worship services, and some bow their heads in prayer. ||2||

koee parrai baedh koee kathaeb ||

Some read the Vedas, and some the Koran.

koee oudtai neel koee supaedh ||3||

Some wear blue robes, and some wear white. ||3||

koee kehai thurak koee kehai hi(n)dhoo ||

Some call themselves Muslim, and some call themselves Hindu.

koee baashhai bhisath koee suragi(n)dhoo ||4||

Some yearn for paradise, and others long for heaven. ||4||

kahu naanak jin hukam pashhaath

aa ||

Says Nanak, one who realizes the Hukam of God's Will,

prabh saahib kaa thin bhaedh jaathaa ||5||9||

knows the secrets of his Lord and Master. ||5||9||

(Guru Arjan Dev Ji, Raag Raamkalee, 885).

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

In my original post i was going to write that the views of this woman are in no way the views of Christians as a whole. However, i forgot to include that. It would unfair to Christians for me to not say that...so...THESE ARE THE VIEWS OF ONE CHRISTIAN WOMAN, NOT CHRISTIANS AS A WHOLE...thanks for the reminder ms514.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

waheguru jee ka khalsa! waheguru jee kee fateh!!

veer jee...the way i see it...IF all these religions were perfect, and didn't have anything wrong with them..God wouldn't have come down in the form of Guru Nanak Dev Jee to start sikhi.

from what i've learnt from gursikhs is that all religions started off being good...perfect...but all the religions that are around (excluding sikhi) have been around for a long time and have been changed by the ppl following them...

every person needs to have a religion. when we die...our Guru comes to get us and save us from narak. if u do not have a Guru...whether that be Jesus...or Krishan (i can't think of anyone..hehe)...whoever it may be...u will have no one to carry you through...

other religions are wrong in many ways...for one, muslims treat women poorly...that is a flaw in their religion..otherwise there are many things that are good about islam religion...

anyways...those are my views...sikhi would not have been started if there was a perfect religion out there...we are lucky to have the sikhi in our lives...because it is the one religion that can take us all the way...hindhu's stop at nirvana...but the Guru says that there are many stages beyond that...

Asay Gur Koh Bul Bul Jayeeah Aap Mukath Mohay Tharay

bhul chuck maaf karnaa

sandeep kaur

Tell here to study life after death....

here is the research from many people, including sikh scholar- phd surinder singh kohli i have managed to put together...

http://www.sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness...opic.ppa?t=1013

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

N30 Singh

If the study after death shows that reincarnation is a reality.. then is it possible.. and I know I am making a huge assumption.. but Sikhi might be the true path and religions that believe in only one earthly life ie Christianity, Islam and Judaism might be false !

GurFateh

Bikramjit

Guest Akaal108

Dear veer ji,

I dont know about christianity or judaism. So i wont call them false.. But i personally beleive sufism is the best form of islam since they beleive rebirths, singing allah praises and beleive in having Murshad...examples-- baba sheik farid, bulleh shah... its amazing to see the un-conditional love they have towards allah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^_^^_^^_^

If the study after death shows that reincarnation is a reality.. then is it possible.. and I know I am making a huge assumption.. but Sikhi might be the true path and religions that believe in only one earthly life ie Christianity, Islam and Judaism might be false !

Khalsa ji, we get this in our hukamnamas everyday! One who doesn't meditate on the lord will suffer, its not about the religion you follow, its about the living, or truthful life..

This life is made for a purpose, and if you realize the mystery of life you have found your sole purpose of coming here..

The obvious mystery is how to be one with WAHEGURU, by spending your life working towards that path, that's why in SIkhi, a sikh is always a student yearning towards that path..

Doesn't matter if you follow the christian way, muslim way, hindu way, or even the sikh way of life, Guru Granth Sahib ji directs us how to live a pious life, and reach Waheguru, THAT'S THE BEAUTY of GURU JI'S UNIVERSALITY!!!

Only through love and devotion can one experience 'nirvana' as many beleive, or merge with waheguru ji.

aakh aakh rehae liv laae ||

Speak of Him continually, and remain absorbed in His Love.

bhaao kalam kar chith laekhaaree gur pushh likh beechaar ||

Make the love of the Lord your pen, and let your consciousness be the scribe. Then, seek the Guru's Instructi

ons, and record these deliberations.

sach milai sa(n)thokheeaa har jap eaekai bhaae ||1||

Those contented souls who meditate on the Lord with single-minded love, meet the True Lord. ||1||

We do prayers if we're afraid of something, OR we take it as our duty to do our prayers, or read our namaaz, only thru love can one reach that higher stage..

My two cents!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

pyare jio, it is easy to say sikhi is best, and all sikhs are the best. But the reality is you will often come across people from other religions and atheists, who have alot of pyaar, honesty, compassion, etc. Every person is an indivdual, and every one has their own special virtues, and I believe every human has goodness inside them. Sometimes you have to look harder, but it is there. Sahib Siri Guru Nanak dev ji found it is mass murders, cannabals, etc, and turned them into saints. "sanjh Karo Guna Kere, Shud Avgunn Chaleea" lets share virtues, collect the good, leave the bad virtues behind, and mix with everyone, and create a better humanity.

The only way to compare religions is not by comparing its followers, as mentioned, because everyone as good virtues. But to compare its philosophies. I have often done this in debates with other religions. I once found a passage in the Koran which has exactly the same message as one of Bhai Gurdas jis varan. We have so much in common. But I did find Gurbani is far more simple, logic, less dogmatic and ritualistic, and far more common sense than the others. The thought is far more applicable to humanity, and answers the ills of society in a logical format.

A muslim once said to me the greatest poetry ever written is the Koran. I disagreed. Althougth all gurbani is equal, nothing ever written compares to Jaap sahib. There is no description of God, which more detailed, more comprehensive, using such a variety of vocabulary, from so many different languages. Sahib Siri Guru Gobind Singh ji was the poet extraodinaire.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khal

sa!