Are Other Religions Wrong?

Surrey Singh

Guest Akaal108
First of all no-one is hating you just gotta get your facts straight, this is not a personal attack on you, since I know you personally, I can say that you have a tendency of "making someone admit to what you beleive", which most of the time is the ego (haumen) talking..

When did you see me makin you what i beleive... when did you see me goin to gurdwara and doing lectures....when did you see me interfering with you or someone else in spirtual path. i put my views here.. if you dont like it.... you can ban me.. no problem veer.. as i requested in another thread to ban me ..obviously no one is doing that... you asked for the refrence.. and you got it from me... rest it up to you decide whether he got salvation from quran or his poetry or both... for me its crystal clear.....as far as ego is concern... i have a ego so as everyone else... removing the ego in this life and takin the boat to the ocean.. thats a real chalenge for everyone... some do it fast.. some do it slow.. according to their karma... i m personally workin on it to eliminate it... so far its goin good...slowly goin away... grin.gif

take care..

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

N30 Singh

Never fails to amaze me how someone who cries himself hoarse about tolerance yet likes to call others who have a different viewpoint to himself as haters. You jump to too many conclusions about people on this forum and more often than not these are totally off the mark.

As Khalsa Bhaji said, you made an unsubstantiated statement about Baba Farid being liberated by the Koran. Can you provide any proof ?

You also slipped in something which is extremely important to this discussion but your did not realise it's true import.

This will show he did have faith in quran and other islamic texts and he did perfomed muslim rituals even though he didnt beleive in concept of janat, and other strict rules that sunni and shia muslims beleive in

But if he didn't believe in Jannat then he was not a Muslim !. Belief in Jannat is central to the Koran and it's message of reward and punishment. Can someone even in your 'flavours' of Sikhi version say that he doesn't believe in ALL of the Guru Granth Sahib yet still claim to be a Sikh ?. Just what are the other strict rules that Baba Farid didn't believe in ?. Could it be that his spiritual experience was beyond the teachings of the Koran ?. Something to think about rather than regurgitate something your Muslim friend said or something you r

ead in some book. Perhaps it's time to use the old grey matter.

The problem here is that PC Sikhs like yourself seem too concerned in trying to prove Baba Farid to have been a Muslim.

GurFateh

Bikramjit

n30 could u even give me any proof that the sheikh farid in the SGGS is the same as the sheikh farid u are referring to?

i mentioend that i heard of a book that proves they are NOT the same but i cant remember what it is called, im sure someone knows. but as i said, it would explain why sheikh farids bani is not the same as your sheikh farids poetry.

the quran is hardly an inspiring book. its really, really boring, repetitive, and is actually filled with hate. and its so short, yet it still manages to be spectacularly poo. this might sound harsh but i am so incredibly sure that the quran is not possibly divinely inspired, that i have said that :@

n30 could u even give me any proof that the sheikh farid in the SGGS is the same as the sheikh farid u are referring to?

i mentioend that i heard of a book that proves they are NOT the same but i cant remember what it is called, im sure someone knows. but as i said, it would explain why sheikh farids bani is not the same as your sheikh farids poetry.

the quran is hardly an inspiring book. its really, really boring, repetitive, and is actually filled with hate. and its so short, yet it still manages to be spectacularly poo. this might sound harsh but i am so incredibly sure that the quran is not possibly divinely inspired, that i have said that :@

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

KS

The book you are referring to is Ithehaas Sri Guru Granth Sahib by Giani Gurdit Singh.

GurFateh

Bikramjit

thanks man..ur like an encyclopaedia of knowledge lol

did u read it? whats ur impression on it?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I read it about a decade ago, heavy duty book and my Punjabi wasn't that good. For the most part I think Giani Gurdit Singh was trying to prove that all the Bhagats whose Bani is in Guru Granth Sahib were contemporary followers of Guru Nanak. I think a few Sikh scholars criticised this book. But it's all knowledge at the end of the day. Might get this book from India when I next go and have another read of it.

GurFateh

Bikramjit