Are Other Religions Wrong?

Surrey Singh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I was thinking about 'debating' with the Christian girl in my class a little more, but i thought about it, and realized that would be a HUGE mistake...the reason why?...

This girl really loves her religion with all her heart. She has alot of love for Jesus Christ and is a very nice person. Basically she is a very devoted Christian. Now...if i start to argue with her, telling her she's wrong etc...she might start doubting her Religion, and maybe even stop practicing it (it could happen). I don't think she will convert to Sikhism, and the way i see it...she is a God-loving, sincere person, and has alot of faith...i don't want to do anything to change that...not even the slightest bit.

I think we should preach Sikhism, but if comes to a point that you know someone is dedicated to their views and won't change them..then let them be...because we don't want to be responsible for someone losing faith in Religion all together.

Khalsa Soulja...u gotta take it easy man. We don't need to slander other Religions, because it just makes us look like egotistical, fantatics, who hate all other Religions...there are some things that should just be kept to one's self...no hard feelings bro...

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SikhForLife

veerji.. u should respect the religion no matter how wrong/hypocritical it is...

after all the musilm people are looking to realize God as well...

in general..

dont swear at em/.. dont hold a grudge against muslims..

I don't think most of the people critical of Islam (or other religions)

Have suggested we hold grudges against Muslims or swear at them.

And if they have - they're obviously going against the basic gurmat teachings of humility and speaking softly.

However, many of the people on this thread have challenged the notion that Christianity, Islam, Buddhism or any other religions are somehow equal to Sikhi.

They're not.

Guru Sahib would not have founded Sikhi otherwise.

Gurbaanee states that Mukhthi (liberation) from the cycle of births and deaths cannot take place without our Satguru.

Singh Khalsa.....well said

learner singh.......this is a "discussion" forum. If you want to discuss the topic - "Are other religions wrong" and in specific Islam as its moved on to, please do.

If not, dont say anything.

We all have ego, if we didnt wed be gurmukh straight away. Whether or not excessive OTT ego is evident from providing facts to prove that Islam is a thread to civilisation, is a different matter.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Singh Khalsa Bro,

You're absolutely right. There is no need to slander anyone because that anger is harming yourself, no one else. However, to say we should respect all religions because ALL are EQUAL to Sikhi is a misconception.

Sikhi is the highest, purest, straightest and fastest route to the ultimate realisation - Vaheguru.

Gurfateh

I agree but should we for that slander other religions?

i.e. Sikhism denies Idol Worshipping But Guru TEg Bahadur SAhib gave his life for religious freedom..

thus i believe that we should respect what they believe in

but still be aware that sikhi is the straight forward route

instead of fasting and stuff :@

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Learner Singh

Any chance of answering my question from a previous thread ? I asked it when you asked me to provide a reference to Guru Nanak calling his followers Sikh ?

Do you regard ALL the Gurus as having the same Jot as Guru Nanak ?. If so then why ask for a reference where Guru Nanak refers to his disciples as Sikhs ?. Doesn't the fact that the other Gurus refer to their disciples as Sikhs not the same thing as Guru Nanak calling his disciples Sikhs ?

Thanks

Bikramjit

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

There seems to be an impression created by some people like Learner Singh that if you criticise Islam then you are hating Muslims or hating Islam. How does this tie in with the fact that Bhagat Namdev here criticises Muslims and Hindus beliefs. Was he full of hate ?

The Hindu is blind and the Muslim is one-eyed. The Lord divine is the wiser of the two. The Hindu worships at the temple and the Muslim at the mosque. Namdev serves that Lord, who has neither a temple nor a mosque." (Bhagat Namdev, Gond, pg. 875)

GurFateh

Bikramjit

"Again my question is this: are all the other religions wrong?...misled?...why are there so many differences in religious beliefs, since there is only One God anyway? i would love to hear your views on this matter."

We are in no position to say that other religions are wrong. We cannot judge other religions like that. As Sikhs we should respect other religions. By respect I mean realize that another religion exists. Let other people believe what they want to believe! There is only one God and the way I see it, most religions praise this one God. The only differences are how we praise this God and our traditions, customs and beliefs (ie. what happens after we die). To a Muslim man, Sikhism could be seen as misled and wrong in his eyes. To a Sikh man, we could see Christianity wrong and misled. Either way, members of each religion think other religions are misled. So which is the right religion? The degree to which your faith lies in Sikhi makes Sikhism the right religion in your own heart.