Are Other Religions Wrong?

Surrey Singh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Pheena Bhaji

Yes the defination of Kafir is being changed by moderate Muslims in the light of the events of 9/11. It is now being stretched to mean someone who knows Islam is 'the truth' but refuses to embrace it. It is the new PC defination that is used to mask the bad side of Islam.

Could you comment on the Bachittar Natak quote as this was the main reason for you taking Khalsa Souljah to task for his views on Mohammed.

I understand your point that one shouldn't judge a religion by the actions of it's adherants but this has now become a cliche to explain away anything bad that a Muslim does.

Also can I ask whether a true religion and a true God would ask his followers to murder someone who after being a Muslim converts to another religion ?. All Islamic authorities agree that someone who converts out of Islam should be killed if they do not re-convert back. Perhaps your Muslim friend could shed some light on this ?.

GurFateh

Bikramjit

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mohammad's God is egotistical and constantly competes with Shaitaan :T:

His lifestyle tells us what kind of 'Prophet' he was.

Bik, I have come across Muslims saying that Kafir is one who knows the 'Truth' but doesn't embrace it too, so this is a recent development? Does it go against the Quraan?

When I asked a Muslim about this, he said if there was a remote tribe in some far off place who wasn't exposed to the truth of Islaam and this did not 'revert' then Allah did not punish them. I guess that made sense, but where would these 'half-baked Kaffirs' go then? Mini-Hell?!

Gurfateh

Mohammad's God is egotistical and constantly competes with Shaitaan :T:

His lifestyle tells us what kind of 'Prophet' he was.

Bik, I have come across Muslims saying that Kafir is one who knows the 'Truth' but doesn't embrace it too, so this is a recent development? Does it go against the Quraan?

When I asked a Muslim about this, he said if there was a remote tribe in some far off place who wasn't exposed to the truth of Islaam and this did not 'revert' then Allah did not punish them. I guess that made sense, but where would these 'half-baked Kaffirs' go then? Mini-Hell?!

Gurfateh

lol

they got 7 heavens..

prolly on the firdst or second one :@ lol

the closer u coem to the seventh the coser we get to God

I think i wanna rather meerge and become one with God than.......being far From God :@

mo also says that the sun is between some of the heavens (or in one of them cant remember) so the heavens might be referring above us (its quite unscientific and funny if u read up on it).

u might say the quran has changed. but why would muslims make their prophet out to be a peado murderer if they idolised him?

i think some people need to learn a little more about the real islam by reading hadiths and the quran themselves, not just listening to what muslims say. guru gobind singh sed - study all faiths but retain faith in akal purakh :@

and allah is above the 7th heaven, on a big chair, apparently.

Guest Akaal108

This is for the haters who think baba farid didnt beleive in quran or islam. This will show he did have faith in quran and other islamic texts and he did perfomed muslim rituals even though he didnt beleive in concept of janat, and other strict rules that sunni and shia muslims beleive in. I also i made sure with my muslim freind at work that sufis do accepted largely in mainstream islam. Their ways are different but still are labelled as muslim.

Reference- The Mystic Melodies of Shaik Farid (Book) - page 55

Author- Pritpal Singh

Baba Shaik Farid and Islam-

Although the mystical, catholic and humanitarian tendencies in farid have relegated to the rear his essentially denominational Islam faith, yet his poetry bears an ummistakable impress of the Muslim beleifs, legends and mythology, and of the teaching of the Quran and the hadith. The ubiquitous influence of Islamic scriptures can be traced throughout his poetry. The editor of a certain edition 48 of Farid shalokas has even gone to the extend of 'proving" each one of his verses as a literal rendering in Punjabi of some of the Quranic texts.

Although the effort is not really covincing and the similiarity between Farid's verses and those of the Quran is somewhat artifical and streched, yet the fact remains the poet was throughly immersed in Islamic texts and tradition. He was a scrupulous abider of Law and observed all rituals like going to the mosque five times a day, offering ramaz and keeping fasts, not only during the month of Ramzan, but even otherwise. These ideals are reflected even in his poetry.

Although the effort is not really covincing and the similiarity between Farid's verses and those of the Quran is somewhat artifical and streched, yet the fact remains the poet was throughly immersed in Islamic texts and tradition. He was a scrupulous abider of Law and observed all rituals like going to the mosque five times a day, offering ramaz and keeping fasts, not only during the month of Ramzan,but even otherwise. These ideals are reflected even in his poetry.

i think thats the point :@

Muslims believe in fasting during the Ramadan

but i thin its okay if he did it otherwise as well

I THINK i've heard that its okay to fast (for Sikhs, meaning its NOT pakhand) to fast if u do it all the time

Muslims fast to feel how poor ppl have it..

btu why only Ramadan?

why not the whole year?

"je sara saal karan ta i Rooja hoya na"

cause they're doing it all year long ..meaning not only because they HAVE to..but for compassion to God :@

please correct me if I'm wrong as I'm really ignorant :@

BHULl CHUKK MAAF

This is for the haters who think baba farid didnt beleive in quran or islam. This will show he did have faith in quran and other islamic texts and he did perfomed muslim rituals even though he didnt beleive in concept of janat, and other strict rules that sunni and shia muslims beleive in. I also i made sure with my muslim freind at work that sufis do accepted largely in mainstream islam. Their ways are different but still are labelled as muslim.

First of all no-one is hating you just gotta get your facts straight, this is not a personal attack on you, since I know you personally, I can say that you have a tendency of "making someone admit to what you beleive", which most of the time is the ego (haumen) talking..

If we all practice what we preach this world would be more peaceful, we realize its our haumen talking and trying to win a discussion, yet like fools don't realize it..

Bro, why don't you just beleive what you beleive, and let ppl beleive what they beleive, instead of forcing your views upon someone, this seems to be the utmost reasonable thing to do.

As for Baba Farid ji, he was a muslim, and he abided by the laws of islam...but what you're trying to say is that he got liberation/salvation, whatever you wanna call it, from Quran...Now, unless you can show me how he got liberation from Quran then you've proven your point, but obviously you can't.