Embrace Islam: Al Qaeda To Americans

Mehtab Singh

http://www.samachar.com/showurl.htm?rurl=h...da~to~Americans

Dubai, September 2: Al Qaeda called on US President George W. Bush and non-Muslims especially in the United States to convert to Islam and abandon their 'misguided' ways or else suffer the consequences, according to a video posted on a Web site on Saturday.

The speaker was identified as Azzam the American, also known as Adam Yahiye Gadahn -- an Islamic convert from California wanted for questioning by the FBI and who US authorities believe to be involved in a ‘propaganda’ campaign for al Qaeda.

"If the Zionist crusader missionaries of hate and counter-Islam consultants like ... the crusader and chief George W. Bush were to abandon their unbelief and repent and enter into the light of Islam and turn their swords against the enemies of God, it would be accepted of them and they would be our brothers in Islam," Gadahn said in English.

"To Americans and the rest of Christendom we say, either repent (your) misguided ways and enter into the light of truth or keep your poison to yourself and suffer the consequences in this world and the next."

Al Qaeda's second-in-command Ayman al-Zawahri made a brief statement at the start of the tape urging viewers to listen carefully to the message, entitled: ‘An Invitation to Islam’.

"Our brother Azzam the American is speaking to you out of pity for the fate that awaits (unbelievers) and as someone who wants to lift his people out of darkness and into the light," Zawahri said.

Zawahri, like Osama bin Laden and other leaders of al Qaeda -- the group that masterminded the September 11 attacks on the United States -- is thought to be hiding in Pakistan or Afghanistan.

Zawahri and Gadahn appeared to be speaking from different places, as Zawahri spoke in front of a black background.

The tape was dated September 2006 and appeared to have been recorded recently as Gadahn referred to Israel's war on Lebanon.

Gadahn appeared in the video dressed in a white turban and seated in front of a computer and books.

"But whatever you do don't attempt to spread your misery and misguidance to our lands," he said. The video carried Arabic subtitles of his English message.

FAITH AND JIHAD

Gadahn recited verses from the Muslim holy book the Koran in Arabic, then translated them into English and said Muslims needed to boost their faith to expel their countries' rulers.

"Muslims don't need democracy to rid themselves of their home grown despots and tyrants. What they do need is their Islamic faith, the sprit of jihad and the lifting of foreign troops and interference from their necks," he said, adding that God did not recognise a separation of religion and state.

"Those who think that democracy is synonymous with freedom are either people who haven't experienced life in America or Americans who haven't lived abroad."

Zawahri last appeared in a video in August in which he said that some leaders of Egypt's Gama'a Islamiya have joined al Qaeda. Gama'a Islamiya later denied his statement.

This is going to be very bad news for Sikhs living in America, not only will this confuse and draw more ire and anger towards sikhs, but this will only escalate the situation even more.

Nevertheless, I think the Mainstream Islamic community should take more of a proactive role to distinguish that Islam doesn't fight for this.

Just my two cents.

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA
This is going to be very bad news for Sikhs living in America, not only will this confuse and draw more ire and anger towards sikhs, but this will only escalate the situation even more.

People mistake me as a muslim even though Im a Sikh.

Imagine me. I am a convert to Sikhi and I live in California. :umm:

You know I think its quite serious. I know this singh post 9/11 who was filling up his car at a petrol station and was killed cos some other person thought he was Osama Bin Laden!

Also our local gurdwara aswell were told by the police to remove Guru Jis pic from the window ledge cos it looked 'terrorist'.

I think its completely unfair that sikhs get targetted and face the consequences for something we are completely unrelated to..and I don't understand why the religious leaders don't educate the general public that sikhs wearing dastaar and beard are not muslims.

Instead they are like oh right yea i suppose Guru ji does look terrorist so we shall remove it from the window. Also anyone else think its all quite ironic considering the vast arrays of muslims abroad don't have beards or wear turbans...

which gurdwara was this??

as for educating others theirs a problem their u wil lget some that are truely intrested but theirs always going to be people that think they no it all already init

It was a local gurdwara. I reckon as Sikhs we should let the public know about how we are being victims of things we are not responsible for and mere man jap I don't think their is any sort of problem there. Educating people has the same flaws as for example trying to raise awareness that smoking will kill you. Likewise this is not any different as it should be about raising awareness about discrimation and unfairness.

Like pre all this terrorist talk nobody had a problem with Guru Jis pic there in the window and it had been there ever since the gurdwara had opened.....the reason it all happened as far as I can see is due to the influence media has had on the general public.

Talk to loada people and they are like oh yeah person with beard and turban makes me feel 'uncomfortable', 'uneasy' etc I believe there are various underlying reasons for this but the most prominent being that the media continues to play tapes of muslim people like osama bin laden/al-queda type and the public are linking them to singhs. You see alot of coverage on that has lead to people having biased views and i'm gonna be honest here if i wasn't sikh I too probably would have been a victim of the media.

The fact is there is so much coverage of some random muslim person who owns a local business and does not like the 'atmosphere' whilst the real people being affected are sikhs. Why cannot someone ask for coverage about how sikhs are being mistaken for muslims. How they are being targetted and viewed by many as being terrorists. The muslims might think they are recieving the blow of this terrorist stuff but you know what the real people suffering it all are the sikh singhs. I reckon there should be a panorama or news slot about it. Media made it happened and it should be via media that the same people are targetted again to change it..I don't know how to do this but the leaders of our faith obviously have the ability to make this change.

good idea penj thing is will panorama or sumink wna cover something like this just yet?? usually it takes a cupla lives b4 they even start realising it

if something like this is done soon it is of great benefit 2 sikhs