AYsw hir Dnu sMcIAY BweI ]

Bwih n jwlY jil nhI fUbY sMgu Coif kir kqhu n jweI ]1] rhwau ]

qoit n AwvY inKuit n jwie ]

Kwie Kric mnu rihAw AGwie ]2]

so scu swhu ijsu Gir hir Dnu sMcwxw ]

iesu Dn qy sBu jgu vrswxw ]3]

iqin hir Dnu pwieAw ijsu purb ilKy kw lhxw ]

jn nwnk AMiq vwr nwmu ghxw ]4]18]

The last line of this shabad states that the only 'gehna', that is jewellery/adornment that is of use when your life draws to an end is Naam. Hope this helps.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SaintSoldier

still panji, juss curious, ppl singh dhaddis which are not gurbani, or other songs that praise waheguroo

i'm juss curious at ur angle tha's all

bul chook maaf

Warrior Princess ji, I take it you didn't listen to the words of the so called stupid hippie song. Maybe the flower had a meaning. Maybe there was a Sakhi attached.

I just see at a another form of devotianal Kirtan done by a chardi kala sikh. We need to broaden our horizons. It's the same as other Sikhs saying AKJ style kirtan or RaraSahib style kirtan is wrong. I hear it all the time.

Warrior Princess ji, I take it you didn't listen to the words of the so called stupid hippie song. Maybe the flower had a meaning. Maybe there was a Sakhi attached.

I just see at a another form of devotianal Kirtan done by a chardi kala sikh. We need to broaden our horizons. It's the same as other Sikhs saying AKJ style kirtan or RaraSahib style kirtan is wrong. I hear it all the time.

forget it

I know, i have heard some of her Gurbanee sung at Sikh.net....

Im a bit weary about how Gurbanee is sometimes heard on tunes a bit on the outside of the keertan styles we hear at the Gurudwara Sahib and i don't really like the fact that it sounds like a song rather than Gurubanee. BUT if her type of music appeals to people, thats very good despite my doubts.

My main concern is that i hope she does not get carried away with the music she uses...otherwise it will cause dramatic Baistee to the GurSikhs who are trying to portray the correct lifestyle of Sikhi.

Other than that, its a great sight to see a Singhnee doing Parchaar!!!

GUR FATEH!

I agree with you here, it's bad enough having gurdwaras full of poorly training gyanis and rainbhai keetanias playing shabds to hindi film tunes and what not with no regard for Gurmat Sangeet or Keertan Marayada...we can certainly do without this new age pop kirtan...have a look at the simran by the "unknown western sikhs" on this site and you'll see what I mean -what a joke!!!

Sorry to offend...but this is serious!

GUR BAR AKAAAAL!