Black Sikhs.

singh1986

WaheGuru Je Ka Khalsa WaheGuru Je Ke Fateh.

I just wanted to Inquire how black sikhs (and I know there are some) cope with combing their Afro-Carribean Kesh. I have a Friend who has only grown his hair to his shoulders and it gets to tangles really easy...getting a Kangha through it would be impossible.

He argues that it would be impractical for a black person to become Sikh because they would spend so much time "taming my hair".

So I just wanted to know is it possible/practical for a black person to grow Kesh and keep it in check without chemicals (some of my black friends have resorted to that...for fashion reasons though)!

Are there any Black Sikhs on this forum? and is it easy?

Guest Narinder Singh

I just wanted to Inquire how black sikhs (and I know there are some) cope with combing their Afro-Carribean Kesh. I have a Friend who has only grown his hair to his shoulders and it gets to tangles really easy...getting a Kangha through it would be impossible.

He argues that it would be impractical for a black person to become Sikh because they would spend so much time "taming my hair".

So I just wanted to know is it possible/practical for a black person to grow Kesh and keep it in check without chemicals (some of my black friends have resorted to that...for fashion reasons though)!

Are there any Black Sikhs on this forum? and is it easy?

Ask these guys!

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

My friend who is a black Sikh has hair like me in long dreadlocks. If I shaved my head bald I could comb my hair as per the norm but right now is an impossiblity. I do know that the longer their hair the more unmanagable it gets. When people have long braids mean they have long hair which in order to braid it must be combed seperately. Look at black women, they have straight combed hair its just if you want to take care of it, but thats why most black guys shave their heads. Thats why barber shops and beauty salons are associated with black people. It might be a few more minutes work to comb but it is possible.

post-5391-1158014816.jpg

My friend who is a black Sikh has hair like me in long dreadlocks. If I shaved my head bald I could comb my hair as per the norm but right now is an impossiblity. I do know that the longer their hair the more unmanagable it gets. When people have long braids mean they have long hair which in order to braid it must be combed seperately. Look at black women, they have straight combed hair its just if you want to take care of it, but thats why most black guys shave their heads. Thats why barber shops and beauty salons are associated with black people. It might be a few more minutes work to comb but it is possible.

dang... I aint know sizzla was ya boy? ohmy.gifgrin.gifrolleyes.gif