Keeping Dhaari

thesoldier

Hi i used to shave, but now keep a dhaari (not full, just more than the stubble look). I would like to keep a full dhaari later on well hopefully. I wear a soft pagh as well.

How many of u singhs out there feel there is no respect from Goray, Hindus, and even our peaple. Wot i mean abt this is I work in sales and i get customers touching their chins or cheeks and trying to give a sign of like shave that thing off, which i find really out of order and upsetting. Especially when its from our lokh (apney) who think they goray, bloody <admin-profanity filter activated>.

I remember onces this Hindu wos doing the beard remark to me by touching and scratching his chin, so in defence i gave him the middle finger, by putting my middle finger near my nose like im pretending to scratch it and he got the message. But still this cannot be done especially where i work (as customers are always right :wub: ) . Wots with these murakhs (arsholes, why dont they have respect, i feel like swinging at them sometimes).

Wot do i do to defened my self when these kinds of peaple take the micky out of my beard, when the start touching their chins / cheek ?? somthing like this ---> grin.gif I need some help, i never thought it would be hard keeping a beard even though mine aint even that long, now im thinking wot would it be like if i grow it all, and tie it, goray must take the mick 1 time!!

Why dont these clean shaven peeps not have respect / tolerence??? Sorry if i offended any1, im just finding it very difficult trying to be a singh of the guru. pul chuk maaf

GuruFateh!

Veer, don't worry about it. When I started to keep my dhaari, the large majority of comments were from my family saying things like, 'what's going on here' 'do you need a razor' 'terrorist' etc. I laughed it off because I was proud of my beard and was in full agreement with the Guru's teachings. Their comments did not bother me as I knew that I was on the right path.

Bottom line is that people make these comments because they are jealous. They are jealous because they haven't got that love for the Guru's teachings and jealous cos they haven't got the guts to stand out from the crowd and say I'm different from you, I look different from you because I am a Sikh of the Guru!

Bole So Nihaal!

Sat Sri Akal!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

I love going anywhere looking as a Sikh of the Guru. I dont care when people say anything. They are there to get you to go off track. Its at that time that all your self discipline should be able to battle that vibe away.

Ya shouldnt trim eh taawl hmmm.gif :

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

tie a pagh and leave ur dhara open...do it with confidence and it will shine thru...ppl will notice....be proud and yeah alot of it can just be jealousy...but how can our guru's roop look bad?? forget these idiots and keep growing ur kesh and stand tall ...man u noe those ppl wana roll with the singhs :nihungsmile:

Veer ji!!! ask yourself :

why do you want their respect?

who are you keeping your kesh and bana for?

what are you trying to acheive?

be careful how you react to people who insult you, dont get violent or swear back........ that makes u just as bad. Think of all the singhs who died to keep their kesh, the sacrifices made for the panth, they were tortured, had their heads sawn off, boiled alive ...you know the rest.... they suffered so much because of their bana , all we have to deal with is with ppl scratching their chins, maybe the rude remarks, even being punched? or attacked, but generally its verbal abuse, sometimes we can go by years without having a problem, all this is very little to what sikhs in the past have had to face....... so lets remember them and hold our heads high, because we know, thoses who insult you do not know and will probably never understand things we understand, if anything we should help them, and educated them about the sikh way of life ............i hope u know what im trying to say

fateh ji

yeah once you tie a pagh they will know you haven't just kept it but it's because you are sikh and also when someone does something to hint at you then simply smle back and do not look embarrassed as that will only make that person feel good about what he did.

Look at your signature, you talk about 84, you dont forget 47 and 84 but you surely have forgotten our gurus and shaheeds like bhai mati das, bhai taru singh and many others who didnt leave their faith and didnt cut their beards and hair, even when tortured and eventually brutally killed. Before asking about khalistan, and other sikhism based things, you should first take control of your body before you try to take control of land

I'd like to grow a dhari too some day, but lets just say im not quite up the spiritual ladder as other bros are.

Talking about paghs, why are their different styled ones? do styles hold any significance? Because some look better than others when tied on a guy.

Look at your signature, you talk about 84, you dont forget 47 and 84 but you surely have forgotten our gurus and shaheeds like bhai mati das, bhai taru singh and many others who didnt leave their faith and didnt cut their beards and hair, even when tortured and eventually brutally killed. Before asking about khalistan, and other sikhism based things, you should first take control of your body before you try to take control of land

Yes I know, and your right BUT everyone has their own paths towards Sikhi. Some just have the apperance of Sikhs but their hearts and mind are anything but. I used to not care about being religious, just had loyality to it, being from Punjabi Sikh background. After all the clubbing, drinking and mucking around, living the typical westernised lifestyle I became disillusioned. I realised there was more to life than this life and the false pleasures it offers. So now im slowly learning about Sikhi and taking it step by step wanting to become a gurmukh. As for Seperate State for Sikhs, well thats a political stance I have. A person does not have to be overtly religious to support the right of self-determination based on reasonable, logical and rational arguments.