Women getting Amrit

chamkila

Balwinderkaur! I did not say I agreed with Bhai Chaupa Singh, I posted that because a reference was made about him and I belive if you believe in a rehitnama then you believe in the whole one without chopping and changing what was said...therefore my comment that I'm not really sure about bhai chaupa singh's rehitnama.

Please don't make assumptions about me and my beliefs, I never said I agreed. Yes I have read asa di //.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I think you are confusing the Rehatnamas with Gurbani. You cannot chop and choose Gurbani but you can accept or reject a Rehat which is not in line with Gurbani. So it follows that if a Rehat in a Rehatnama is not in line with the Guru Granth Sahib then that Rehat can be rejected. For instances if the Rehat says that a Sikhni isn't to serve langar or recite the Guru Granth Sahib when she is having here period then that rehat can be rejected be it is not in tune with Gurbani. This was what was done in order to complile the SGPC Rehat Maryada.

GurFateh

Bikramjit

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Pyare jio, as l have seen many times before the sangat is going at tangents, mainly because we are more interested in what historical texts say, or practices at different locations, etc, rather than what our Guru - shabad guru says.

"Nanak Amrit Ek hai, Duja nahi koi". There is only one Amrit, which for any Guru Ablakee, male or female.

Furthermore, Gurbani clearly uses the analgue many times, where it states the Creator Akal is the male, and all of us, our souls are the females. There is complete equality according to Gurbani.

Notions about bibian not doing seva at certain times of the month is quite dispicable, and only the creation of some sick minds of sants, nihangs, etc, who seem to not have thier minds where they should be.

Notions of a separate Amrit for Bibian is again complete against Gurmat. I am sorry to say, in recent years the more I have heard about nihangs, and silly mails of the likes of lalleshvari, narsingha, etc, the more I am glad I have the sikhi background that i have. I am daily, beginning to agree with Veer Bikramjit Singh, that sikhawareness by allowing such rubbish, is far from doing any seva for sikhi. Furthermore, the likes of lalleshavari, narsingha, are nothing more than "sharatee" youth. If they truely believe what they write, then they should put their real names to their posts and stand by what they write. These hidden identities are just demonstrating that they themselves are embarassed by their views.

As far as bibian in history, the first Amritdharee sikh was Bibi Nanakee, who took Charan Pahul from Sahib Siri Guru Nanak dev ji. If I

remember correctly, Guru Amar Das ji, was originally atttracted to Gurbani, after listening to keertan done by Guru Anjad dev ji singhni. Amazing jeevans of the likes of Bibi Bhani ji, Bibi Rajni, Mata Gujri, and so many others. All of whom where Amritdharee.

The story quoted about Mai Bhag kaur is false. She never asked Guru ji, Guru Ji gifted her with that saroop. He himself tied the keski on her. The way nihangs are distorting history to justify their dodgy thinking is quite shameful.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

She never asked Guru ji, Guru Ji gifted her with that saroop. He himself tied the keski on her.

I REMEMBER this!..........but piareo when she was in the mukatsar battle........she still had not taken *KHANDE BATEY DA AMRIT!*.......JUST IMAGINE........SHE HASN'T TAKEN AMRIT.........but she is ready to give her life for guru sahib!.......well later she got amrit de daat! wubb.gifwubb.gif ........ :e:

If Guru Saahib didn't want bibia to take amrit, wouldn't he have clearly mentioned this? Wouldn't gurbani then state that women can't achieve the same level as men? Are we to assume the guru's overlooked such a major point? That half the sikh nation isn't allowed to shuck amrit or achieve the same levels as their male counterparts? Asking for proof of women that shucked amrit at that time is also meaningless. After the first amrit sanchaar, how many documented amrit sanchaars are there, with names of people who shukked amrit? Amrit was a requirement for all Khalsa and so there would be no need to mention that so and so also shukked amrit. If there was an exception to the rule, that so and so can't shuck amrit, or that a whole group of people aren't allowed, then it would need to be mentioned. So the question shouldn't be whether women received khanday kee pahul, but whether there is any mention of Guru Gobind Singh Jee denying women this pahul or preparing something separate for them. And of course, there is no such evidence. Only the active imagination of bhramin minded mahants and nangs, whether in the past or present.

People shouldn't take anything these nangs take seriously. They're a bunch of complete losers, who have no jeevans of their own and their only goal in life is to cause a ruckus. People who listen to their parchaar need to have their heads examined. Lalashvaree's main obsession in life is the female anatomy (judging from his posts) and his views simply reflect the fact that he sees women as not much more than <admin-profanity filter activated> objects.

By the way, someone said something about Hazoor

saahib still maintaining the original ways of the khalsa. So what you're trying to say is that punjab, having the majority of sikhs, was influenced by outside forces, but the sikhs of Hazoor Saahib, isolated from the main body of sikhs and sitting in the middle of a hindu population, was able to escape outside influences? Hmmm, yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

forget all rehtinamas

stay strict to the rehit provided by guru sahibs 52 hukumns live as gur-sikhs

guru ji never said ne thing about women or men, he adressed khalsa

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ke fateh!

No offence to Garboo Khalistan Dah but who are u to say the following? after all u are a mona so that obviously means ur no amrit dari so wut makes u think u can speak on the subject? Its better to do sumthing urself 1st then tell others to do it...

oh right, do you believe in the sgpc maryada then? :T:

They say you can eat meat, do you eat meat? :@

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Yes, the SGPC Rehat Maryada says that it's o.k. to eat meat BUT it's not a requirement to eat meat. I don't eat meat myself because someone I have a lot of respect for told that we shouldn't eat meat.

GurFateh

Bikramjit

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

pyare jio, just a few points to finish up, most things seem to be covered.

1) Hazoor sahib may be a recognised Takht, but it is not run by any sikh institution. It is actually run by a board, which is run by a right-wing hindu nationalist government of maharastra. The same people who destroyed the Babri masjid, and the same people who supported the genocide in 40 days of rioting in Godhra.

The maryada is neither olden, or correct. in fact it is highly incorrect, with numerous Guru Granth sahib facing in different directions, joths, and dodgy nihangs killing different animals, etc, etc. It is completely wrong to think there is anything to learn from maryada there. Instead it is a reflection of everything the Singh Sabha Movement fought to eradicate. Fortunately they succeeded in most of india. Hazoor sahib is exactly what most right wing hindus want happening in all gurdwaras, which proves to the world that sikhs are actually Hindus. So please think before we start considering it a model to emulate.

2) The SGPC in current form is highly corrupt and a stain on sikhi. This has been mainly down to 2 key players Tohra and Badal. Both can be considered as anti-sikh. But the people who actually created the SGPC were very devoted and jeevan wale sikhs. We should never forget their sacrifices. Yes, the SGPC maryada allows meat, but so does most sant maryadas, and many others. I , myself, have always been anti-meat, and more in agreement with the jatha. However I do recognise the simple fact that they only way the Panth is going to come together in under the Akal Thakht rehat maryada. This is the b

ase level in sikhi.

As far as an individual, I myself was not interested in the base level, and wanted sikhi to the max, which is why I went where I went, and am content. But I will always respect the Akal takht and its maryada.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!