Family

Guest _singh_

Guest _singh_

hi.

im basically having a bit of a problem with my partner. we are not married yet. but are hoping to take that step in the near future. she said she only wants 2 kids maxuimum. but i told her that i wanted alot of kids. becuase i come from a big family myself.

she comes from a small family herself. is this a punjabi thing not to have many kids??

why do most sikh punjabi families only have 2-3 kids??

hi.

im basically having a bit of a problem with my partner. we are not married yet. but are hoping to take that step in the near future. she said she only wants 2 kids maxuimum. but i told her that i wanted alot of kids. becuase i come from a big family myself.

she comes from a small family herself. is this a punjabi thing not to have many kids??

why do most sikh punjabi families only have 2-3 kids??

ok...well basically...

this is has nothing to do with punjabi families...cuz we're in the modern day right now and no one really cares abt tradition anymore. (i dont care what people think/say; its true)

if she wants to have 2 kids...then ok...you guys have 2 kids :TH:

if she wants to have 15 kids...then ok....you guys have 15 kids :TH:

if you guys dont agree...then i suggest you find another partner.

cuz it wont work out if youre arguing abt how many kids you want.

its so logical. dont ask such questions to the Sangat.

we're not your partner.

we're not you.

you guys should decide over how many kids you want to have.

Guest s133k_s1kh

i come from a small family but i love kids so the more the better! :TH:

im thinking a whole hockey team :e: .. which then you can use them in a jatha.. no need to worry about kirtanees when you got your full squad! baahahahahahahh :nihungsmile:

FATEH!!!

I LOVEEEEEE Kids aswell. Personally am thking of having 3 kids. If the other half of you wants less kids then ummmmmm... you can always convince him/her to ADOPT some needy KID .... WE JUST MIGHT BE HAVING ONE MORE GURSIKH ADDED TO DA FAMILY...just a thought rolleyes.gif !!!

GUR FATEH!!

i come from a small family but i love kids so the more the better! :TH:

im thinking a whole hockey team :e: .. which then you can use them in a jatha.. no need to worry about kirtanees when you got your full squad! baahahahahahahh :nihungsmile:

hmmm im thinking of a football/soccer squad....maybe i shud train em to play hockey as well.....then we can hav friendly matches

as the jatha part i totally agree

can hav semagam at home everyday :TH:

talk to ur partner... see if there can be a compromise... i tink i's too early ta decide EXACTLY how many kids ya gonn have... buh bottom line, she gonn be tha one goin thru almost all da sequences... i.e. mornin sicknesses, pregnancy, birth etc.... so in da end, i's her choice really... and jus like sum1 said, she probably gonn be takin care of da kids most'a da time.. havin a big family also means have a LOT of expenses... so y'all gonn have bills comin out thru ya ears ... i guess y'all can jus go wit the flow...

and it nah got nuttin to do wit punjabi families.. mos families in general (white, black, chinese etc...) have between 2 - 3 kids... i guess they jus get fed up afta dat.. hahaha... buh seriously, the more kids ya got, the more responsibility ya have... the more $$ i's gonn be... the more time thats diverted to dem... the more time taken off work... the more nights interrupted... she prolly jus dun wann be a housewife... i'd imagine dat she wann to make a career... and tha's hard ta do wit a lot of kids... especially for a female..

g'luck to y'all..

Chardi Kalaa!!

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh!

The size of a family isn't really a fair cultural attribute.

And you've got it all wrong in thinking that this is something you and your partner can decide between just the two of you. It is, afterall, completely in Waheguru's hands alone. Who knows...maybe you'll have no kids at all.

I think that you should however respect your partner's views. It isn't your decision to make, especially given that, as earlier stated, the brunt of the responsibility and work may inevitably fall on your partner's shoulders. In the end though, whatever is meant to be will be.

hehe i jus thought i'd point something out that i found funny..

and no one really cares abt tradition anymore. (i dont care what people think/say; its true)

hehehe... it's like.. NO ONE CARES ABOUT TRADITION... and if someone says that they DO care..wel..i don't care what they say..!

hehe...sorry khalsa girl bhaina...don't mean any offense haha..just found it funny

hehe i jus thought i'd point something out that i found funny..

and no one really cares abt tradition anymore. (i dont care what people think/say; its true)

hehehe... it's like.. NO ONE CARES ABOUT TRADITION... and if someone says that they DO care..wel..i don't care what they say..!

hehe...sorry khalsa girl bhaina...don't mean any offense haha..just found it funny

lolll

no thats not what i meant jio

LOL

i meant to say:

i dont care if someone thinks wrongly of me for saying "no one cares for tradition anymore"

sorry.... :wub: