Accepting Roti From Sehajdhari Mother

No you havent offended me, you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that, but I classify myself as a "Sikh" but not "Khalsa", I have to admit I broke my "Amrit" when I was 13, I wasnt read for it and got forced.

I respect your opinion and i hope by Guru jis kirpa we're able to take that next step someday. :TH:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I am right behind you! :TH: :D

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

"Saakat Har ras saad na jaaniaa tin antar haumai kandaa he || Jio jio chaleh chubhai dukh paaveh jamkaal saheh sir dandaa he ||"

"Lover of mammon (sehaj and others) doesntenjoy the taste of the Nectar of God as within them is a thorn of egoism. As they move the more it pricks them and they suffer more pain and finally receives on their head blows from yamas mace."

All the Sikhs in the world that havent become an Amritdhari are ALL TALK. They talk about the greatness of Sikhi yet dont practice the "glorious" religion that they were born in to. They love to talk about rehat but dont follow it.(Only a fool doesnt follow the rehat) If Sikhi is so great to you sehajdaris then why do you deny Amrit???????? If hair,kirpan,kara,kangha,kacha and turban arent anything important to your life as of now what will make it important later on in life?????(you almost about to die and then use the last 5% of your life with Amrit even though the previous was very sinful)

What is an AmritChar???????? In other words it is called the "initiation" ceremony. ((A ceremony, ritual, test, or period of instruction with which a new member is admitted to an organization or office or to knowledge. )) To be a Sikh has such a ceremony declaring someone a Sikh it is called the "naming" ceremony, but until Amrit you are a floating soul that wont admit and prove to GuruJi that you are his Sikh. Guru Gobind Singh was the wisest man to induce this ceremony to all humanity. Being born into a Sikh family isnt for all mankind, but become a true Sikh is, and that is Amrit.

Personally you cant initiate yourself into the Khalsa. You must show humility (which sehajs cant show because they dont collect it over time)

"Saakat Har ras saad na jaaniaa tin antar haumai kandaa he || Jio jio chaleh chubhai dukh paaveh jamkaal saheh sir dandaa he ||"

"Lover of mammon doesnt enjoy the taste of the Nectar of God as within them is a thorn of egoism. As they move the more it pricks them and they suffer more pain and finally receives on their head blows from yamas mace."

All the Sikhs in the world that havent become an Amritdhari are ALL TALK. They talk about the greatness of Sikhi yet dont practice the "glorious" religion that they were born in to. They love to talk about rehat but dont follow it.(Only a fool doesnt follow the rehat) If Sikhi is so great to you sehajdaris then why do you deny Amrit???????? If hair,kirpan,kara,kangha,kacha and turban arent anything important to your life as of now what will make it important later on in life?????(you almost about to die and then use the last 5% of your life with Amrit even though the previous was very sinful)

What is an AmritChar???????? In other words it is called the "initiation" ceremony. ((A ceremony, ritual, test, or period of instruction with which a new member is admitted to an organization or office or to knowledge. )) To be a Sikh has such a ceremony declaring someone a Sikh it is called the "naming" ceremony, but until Amrit you are a floating soul that wont admit and prove to GuruJi that you are his Sikh. Guru Gobind Singh was the wisest man to induce this ceremony to all humanity. Being born into a Sikh family isnt for all mankind, but become a true Sikh is, and that is Amrit.

Personally you cant initiate yourself into the Khalsa. You must show humility (which sehajs cant show because they dont collect it over time)

"Lover of mammon doesnt enjoy the taste of the Nectar of God as within them is a thorn of egoism. As they move the more it pricks them and they suffer more pain and finally receives on their head blows from yamas mace."

Can I stop you in your tracks, that all Sikhs who have been intiated in to Khalsa are ALL TALK. I have seen many Amritdhari sikhs, who are still lost, KAM, KRODH, LOBH, MOH and HANKAR....guys sorry to say

I HAVE NEVER EVER SEEN A GURSIKH, besides ONE or TWO literally, who are TRUE to the faith.

Doesnt mean to say if your Amritdhari you will show humility, do you think "sikhi" is simple? Well if you do, your wrong, its like very fine hair and in order to get to the top of must cross the fine hair, which many Gursikhs fail.

Sorry But i disagree with you, you sound very derogotive towards people who are not Amritdhari.

I would rather like to see a person with a clean heart rather than a screwed up "Amritdhari" :D

Guest s133k_s1kh

FATEH!!!

Hmm...One amritdhari person just asks if its acceptable for him/her to eat food prepared by his/her mother who is sehajdhari.

and we got mixed opinions. Some say its just fine to consume that food and some have presented very extremist views.

SIKHI IS NOT ABOUT EXTREMISIM, SIKHI IS ABOUT LEARNING.

I do agree the food we consume does affect us but realistically speaking food prepared by a mother for her son/daughter will always have a positive effect. That food is always prepared with love and utmost devotion.

My personal opinion: Its not a big issue who prepared the food but how it was prepared matters. The person who asked this question should eat the food prepared by his/her mother :TH: .

Now i would like to ask a few questions from the SANGAT.

1. Why is the langar at Harmandir Sahib served in Stainless Steel platters?

2. I dont know if you guys ever came across this news. A couple was arrested a few years back for poisoning DAL at Harmandir Sahib. The couple was AMRITDHARI. what would you say about this ?

3. Why dont the Gurughars serve food in SARBLOH WALLE BHANDE?

4. SIKHI talks of equality. If Amritdhari person can cook food for evreyone to eat, why should an Amritdhari eat from Amritdhari's and not from others. If Amritdhari's are so much into SARBLOH BIBEK, why dont they stop serving food to everyone else ?

5. When my Amritdhari brothers travel to India from US or Canada do they not eat food for almost 24 hours ? Please dont say you cook your food and take it with you rolleyes.gif

6. Someone here said only Amritdhari people are SIKHS. Where does that say in SGGS ? So should i say if a person is Amritdhari now but he was born to a Sehajdhari mother he should never be considered a SIKH because he came into existence because of someone who wasn't a SIKH LOL.gif Okie this was stupid , but it came to my mind so typed it.

7. Should i assume that hardcore amritdharis dont go out and eat ? They dont eat with people who they interact with ? They have cut themselves socially ?

Okie i can keep going but thats not required.

SIKHI IS ABOUT FINDING TRUTH, ITS NOT ABOUT FIGHTING OVER HOW TO EAT, WHAT TO EAT AND WHO TO EAT FROM

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karni. I dont mean to offend any of the SIKHS ( Amritdharis and Shejdharis ) :D

GURU ANG SANG!!!

I ll respond to others later but for now, i ll answer the orginal post

Dear cybersangat ji-gurfateh ji

If I receive amrit from the beloved 5, can I eat dhaal/sabji and roti cooked by my sehajdhari mum ? If I can't it could potentially drive a wedge between our relationship....?

wjkk

wjkf

Off course you can,

Mother is image of God. Regardless if she has amrit or not...there is nothing wrong with accepted roti, dhaal sabji from her hands... at the end of day, she is your mama man

Dont let this bamal bossa(dubta) cross your mind,

ask yourself and people who are giving you these advise to have sarbloh bibek as first priority , screw the relations towards mother:

I got two questions:

1. Where was these people's soo called sarbloh bibek when they were in womb of their mothers?

2. Where was these people's soo called sarbloh bibek when they were being breast fed by their mothers?

source: someone who wish to stay anonymous for privacy reasons

This is true sakhi of bhai sahib bhai jeevan singh ji occured in manfield camp just before collingwood sikhi camp in barrie toronto:

Basically, non keski bibya prepared langar for high and mighty singhs of tapoban, they rejected them by saying cannot accept it... they re-prepare the langar, got bibya's who were amrit dhari but non keski dhari bibya this time, they reject it again by saying this bibya dont wear keski.

Then these bibya were heartbroken and instead just start distributing candies to kids, then bhai sahib bhai jeevan singh ji came by, bibya were like- oh gosh, bhai sahib bhai jeevan singh ji their elders of tapobanis will say something, to their suprise- bhai sahib bhai jeevan singh ji came and asked them where is my candy? he literally took the candy, these bibaya were really suprised.

I dont know if bibeki singhs in manfield camp got aware of this incident or not but they love to quote bhai sahib bhai jeevan singh ji story when he came to toronto and rejected karah parsah i think now this story if they can verify shows what?.

But when i heard this incident, i was really happy seeing bhai sahib bhai jeevan singh ji being sarbloh bibeki yet keeping levels of exception because he saw in kids (God) accept candy instead of any kinda dvaish against them. He followed true gurmukh way- parbhram dristhi instead of cham dristhi (judging by looking at the outer kriya).

This is what sarbloh bibek i m talking about, sarbloh bibek with levels.

In words of my teacher who is also sarbloh bibeki- sant jagjit singh ji harkhowale- he goes proffesor sahib ji neh bibek rakh laieya, katar ban gaya, he wouldnt even eccept food from his own wife.. whats point of this sarbloh bibek? that sarbloh bibek with no levels of exceptions caused daily kalech khanna in his ghar, sarbloh bibek instead of making his jivan ucha, made his jivan kalech khanna because levels of bibek was fully ignored.

So from what some people say, Life adds up to just being a "good" person at heart, and not about taking Amrit and showing your true identity?????? (So Guru Gobind Singhs hukam is in vain or pointless to you sehajdari how justify away from Amrit?)

If all you needed was a good heart then thats all Guru Gobind Singh would have comannded his Sikhs. He didnt make an initiation ceremony for no reason. You think you are wiser than GuruJi?????

When I hear the garbage about how you dont need Amrit is a huge load of manmat for the masses to hear, but if you follow this way of thinking then youre just as mislead as anyother manmat "Sikh".

Once you take Amrit you still have a journey, dont get me wrong, it is not easy I might add, but it doesnt mean you forfeit it away just to be lazy and still debate people about Sikhi.

I said all talk because they all will debate about Sikhi yet dont even live as a Sikh. THAT IS CALLED HYPOCRISY. A Sikh is never to give out advice that he himself does not follow.(huge huge sin in the Sikh Dharma but the majority does it)

Lets just say"everyone lets be happy hearts and then we are a Sikh", to make some manmat people more joyful in there way of life without Guru. You can see Guru at the Gurdwara but to truelly see Guru is a matter of taking Amrit, then you will see why all the Amritdari Sikhs have such a huge struggle with hair cutters within the Panth.

If you are Kesdari then why not take Amrit because if someone was to target you then you might as well go out as a true Sikh. No sence in looking as Amritdari and having people mistake you as some other entity. If I die wearing a turban it will be as an Amritdari.

If you are mona/sehaj then calling yourself a Sikh is quite the false statement becasue all you have to do is give a phamplet to a nonSikh and have them read the part that a Sikh is someone who wears the 5Ks and goes through a ceremony called an Amrit Chaar. When we teach people that Sikhs are easily seen by their turban/long kaysh 5k etc how is a sehaj/mona helping this out?????? When they say that terrorists blend in to the crowds and then they see "Sikhs" that are completely blended in with society does this help out?????? Or makes it worse????or more difficult?????

Are monas going to invent a ceremony that they make you cut your hair and to be lazy and not even read the Gurus bani as nitnem -{daily routine} in order to be a Khalsa??????????

SO a Sikh is anyone who calls themselves a Sikh?????????? Or is it under Guru Gobind Singhs Hukam for all mankind???????????????

Sikhs need to stop acting and pretending as if they dont know they need to be Amritdari. rolleyes.gif

Agree or disagree but when you think Amrit is not a requirement for being a Sikh then you are as lost as an atheist.

Amritdari is the difference between being spiritually cleaned or not. The Amritdaris that do darmat need to admit to themselves that they didnt discipline themselves either correct or enough. The point is to live in the Gurus chela and not as your own roop.

"Lover of mammon (sehaj and others) doesntenjoy the taste of the Nectar of God as within them is a thorn of egoism. As they move the more it pricks them and they suffer more pain and finally receives on their head blows from yamas mace."

Fourth Mehla:

gur sathigur kaa jo sikh akhaaeae s bhalakae out(h) har naam dhhiaavai ||

One who calls himself a Sikh of the Guru, the True Guru, shall rise in the early morning hours and meditate on the Lord's Name.

oudham karae bhalakae parabhaathee eisanaan karae a(n)mrith sar naavai ||

Upon arising early in the morning, he is to bathe, and cleanse himself in the pool of nectar.

oupadhaes guroo har har jap jaapai sabh kilavikh paap dhokh lehi jaavai ||

Following the Instructions of the Guru, he is to chant the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. All sins, misdeeds and negativity shall be erased.

fir charrai dhivas gurabaanee gaavai behadhiaa out(h)adhiaa har naam dhhiaavai ||

Then, at the rising of the sun, he is to sing Gurbani; whether sitting down or standing up, he is to meditate on the Lord's Name.

jo saas giraas dhhiaaeae maeraa har har so gurasikh guroo man bhaavai ||

One who meditates on my Lord, Har, Har, with every breath and every morsel of food - that GurSikh becomes pleasing to the Guru's Mind.

jis no dhaeiaal hovai maeraa suaamee this gurasikh guroo oupadhaes sunaavai ||

That person, unto whom my Lord and Master is kind and compassionate - upon that GurSikh, the Guru's Teachings are bestowed.

jan naanak dhhoorr ma(n)gai this gurasikh kee jo aap japai avareh naam japaavai ||2||

Servant Nanak begs for the dust of the feet of that GurSikh, who himself chants the Naam, and inspires others to chant it. ||2||

This is true sakhi of bhai sahib bhai jeevan singh ji occured in manfield camp just before collingwood sikhi camp in barrie toronto:

Basically, non keski bibya prepared langar for high and mighty singhs of tapoban, they rejected them by saying cannot accept it... they re-prepare the langar, got bibya's who were amrit dhari but non keski dhari bibya this time, they reject it again by saying this bibya dont wear keski.

Then these bibya were heartbroken and instead just start distributing candies to kids, then bhai sahib bhai jeevan singh ji came by, bibya were like- oh gosh, bhai sahib bhai jeevan singh ji their elders of tapobanis will say something, to their suprise- bhai sahib bhai jeevan singh ji came and asked them where is my candy? he literally took the candy, these bibaya were really suprised.

I dont know if bibeki singhs in manfield camp got aware of this incident or not but they love to quote bhai sahib bhai jeevan singh ji story when he came to toronto and rejected karah parsah i think now this story if they can verify shows what?.

But when i heard this incident, i was really happy seeing bhai sahib bhai jeevan singh ji being sarbloh bibeki yet keeping levels of exception because he saw in kids (God) accept candy instead of any kinda dvaish against them. He followed true gurmukh way- parbhram dristhi instead of cham dristhi (judging by looking at the outer kriya).

This is what sarbloh bibek i m talking about, sarbloh bibek with levels.

In words of my teacher who is also sarbloh bibeki- sant jagjit singh ji harkhowale- he goes proffesor sahib ji neh bibek rakh laieya, katar ban gaya, he wouldnt even eccept food from his own wife.. whats point of this sarbloh bibek? that sarbloh bibek with no levels of exceptions caused daily kalech khanna in his ghar, sarbloh bibek instead of making his jivan ucha, made his jivan kalech khanna because levels of bibek was fully ignored.

d_oh.gif practicality pray.gif

That's hillarious. I was one of the organizers of the Mansfield camp. There was NO TAPOBAN SAHIB at that time! Hahaha This is a brilliant story!

Bhai Jeevan Singh came for one night for kirtan and did not stay the night and left right away. Some sarblohi Singhs who brought their own langar also came but stayed the night. No such incident took place. At any rate, Bhai Jeevan Singh wasn't sarblohi at this point.

This story is a PURE fabrication. Namastang, when doing so much ninda, you do the "tapobanis" such a big seva. Please continue!