For the Sikh community only

Guest mehtab

yeah cyberwolf virji made a very valid point.. we have to be united first then no one will be darin enough to be funny with our sisters anymore// secondly we have to educate our own people as how to keep our religion as the top most priority and as how not to fall to this people//

well i dunno abt the freedom thingy cause my parents dun give me dat kinda freedom.. guess it all goes down to the parents upbringing... but ive seen loads of gals who comes from strict gursikh family but behind their parents back they do stupid stuff.. so who is to be blame here... their parents have done all they could do.. i believe besides parents responsiblity we ourselves should know how to actualy take care of ourselves.. god gave us brains to think and we should at least realise ourselves..

i thought you guys were gonna get mad at me wacko.gif but i was wrong. i think my tone was lil weird so i apologize if it hurt anyone.

About the girls, two points were brought up by JKaur Ji and i think by taking about just the first one, we would automatically understant the second one, cuz they are sooooo interrelated..

1)

but ive seen loads of gals who comes from strict gursikh family but behind their parents back they do stupid stuff..
2)
their parents have done all they could do.. i believe besides parents responsiblity we ourselves should know how to actualy take care of ourselves.. god gave us brains to think and we should at least realise ourselves..

Lets look at # 1:

This is absolutely true that coming from strict gursikh family does not make one sikh. Parents think their kuri is sooooo bholi and religious, but they don't know what this 'bholi' kuri does behind their backs. Why don't these girls do these kind of things at home infront of their parents? They don't, beca

use they know that according to their parents and in their religion it is wrong. Therefore, they restrain themselves at home and easily find a way out outside. How? If it is so, how can we solve it?

Solution for # 1:

If there is same religious influence outside as it is at home, these girls will never take wrong a step. To uunderstand this, for example, in the old days, if someone saw a gursikh even standing even near the 'theka' (liquor store), the whole village would put that person to shame and it would be extremely hard for him to walk in public. This gursikh knows that his religion and parents won't allow him to drink, and therefore, he would try to escape and sneak in the theka, but he won't do it cuz he know that if gursikhs see me around, he would be put to shame and he will not be able to show my face to the whole village. So even if this gursikh wants to drink, but having the same influence outside as it is at home, he won't even try to go near the liquor store.

So in order to save our girls, we need to have same influence outside. For example, if we are at school, the gursikh girls and guys need to create a kind of atmosphere that they would be scared ( it is different kind of fear that keeps us from doing wrong things) from each other from doing a wrong thing, such as he/she would think, "If I go out with a muslim guys, drink, or have sex with them, they are gonna tell my parents and nobody would want to marry me, this news would spread like a fire, everybody is gonna know and it would bring shame to my family, religion, and the entire community and i would never be able to show my face to anyone, everybody would talk behind my back." and so on.

This is EXACTLY the kind of environment muslims,wherever they are, have created for their comminity.

bhul chuk di khima.

Jaswant (Singh)

As said previously that is an old article and frankly if i show you some of the literature that i have you will be even more shocked.

My view on this whole scenario is we as Sikhs are too liberal for own our good and do not do enough. Then we complain afterwards and blame everything and everyone except the culprits, ourselves.

From experience all i can say is there is only so much you can do. This is not a negative attitude but just the way things are.

We can't change the present but we sure can change the future.