Southall Nagar Keertan

SaRpAnCh

WJKKWJKF,jUST THOUGHT I WOULD BRING TO LIGHT WHAT A DISGRCAE SOME GIRLS WERE BEING TODAY AT THE NAGAR KEERTAN IN Southall Uk.During the nagar keertan and in the local park i saw several 'sikh' girls with nishan sahibs(NOTE:the nishan sahib repps the sikh panth,and our Guru).These girls who were dressed as if they were going to a daytime club had the flag and were waving it about-with no chuni or headcovering on thier heads.When i asked several girls to cover thier head and show some respect i was blanked,not until i said to one of the girls 'then you complain muslims rape and convert you ' did one girl come to her senses and covered her head and apologised by saying'sorry bhaji i did not mean to shw disrespect ',the rest of the girls walked off .Not only in the park did i see this but i saw several girls holidng the flags near thier feet while they were strolling along and no elder dared say nuffink to them,several girls were drunk and a few boys were smoking the odd ciggerette here and there so all in all this nagar keertan was a bad day for me only highlite was guru ji nuffink else,im sick of police harrasement and commitee harasment who dont want to speak the truth and let the truth be heard insted they amke lies to get the propogaters of truth arressted by calling them extreamists or fundamentalists ,this goes for most 'modern sikhs' as well who objected to fellow sikh youths carrying a placard honouring satwant singh beant singh kher singh ,jinda ,sukha ,and sant bhindrawale .....the sikh community is in a state of paralysis and is split ....the youth is waking up to reality but elders are trying to have them nicked...the police are to scared to confront Islamic Fundamentalists as they fear them but we sikhs -especially our youths are soft targets for them as the elders dont support them in any way or matter they are trying so hard ,and i mean really hard but even during threats of police,commitee ,oppostion action they continue to stand thier ground so big up to them and i respect them for that.................i for 1 learned a lot 2day about 'my own people' wjkkwjkf

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2day bruv

sArPanch ji Gurfateh Ji!

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience at the nagar kirtan today...I guess sometimes we have to take some bad with the good. On a positive note, that one girl listened - is this not a positive sign - you got through to that ONE PERSON! Ideally, we'd like more...but imagine that one girl learnt something and can perhaps educate another fellow person... Anyhow my point is not to feel disheartened ALTHOUGH I feel your sentiments on being "nicked," we as a team, were handing out flyers about the magazine explaining its FREE etc etc, and were told by a few uncles that this is anti-Sikhi?!!?!?!??!?! grin.gif

You sometimes have to take it on the chin and move on....Remember that one person u got thru to - this is what counts...

P.S. if you feel this strongly on the issue, perhaps you would write an article on the matter - state of youth affairs, I will be happy to publish it - Editor@SikhSpeak.Com

A POSITIVE MEDIUM!

Chardi Kalaa

Even girls have problem wearing decent clothes with body properly covered while visiting gurdwara sahib .........it's a shame and not to forget about sharaabi sikh youth who wander there near gurdwara sahibs and bring a bad name to community.

I've already stopped going to southall now....coz there's no point going if you have to return with a sad mood....better go to a local gurdwara sahib or read bani at home rather than making your experience a really bad one.

Guest Bass Singh

VJKK VJKF

VASAKHI MELA THIS YEAR IN HANDSWORTH, A GIRL HAD NISHAN SAHIB THE FLAG AND SMOKING I JUST WENT UP 2 HER GRABBED THE FLAG AND SED UR A DISCGRACE AND KEPT THE FLAG AND GAVE IT SOMEONE CNT MEMBER WHO!you can say i did the rong thing but i didnt do it in anger i just grabbed it off her!

VJKK VJKF

VJKK VJKF

VASAKHI MELA THIS YEAR IN HANDSWORTH, A GIRL HAD NISHAN SAHIB THE FLAG AND SMOKING I JUST WENT UP 2 HER GRABBED THE FLAG AND SED UR A DISCGRACE AND KEPT THE FLAG AND GAVE IT SOMEONE CNT MEMBER WHO!you can say i did the rong thing but i didnt do it in anger i just grabbed it off her!

VJKK VJKF

well done singh, we need more people like you! :D