Sikh Being Racist To Sikh

Guest -furious-

Guest -furious-

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

I was walking to a relatives house when a young sikh boy with a turban comes up to me and says 'why dont you go and be a f***ing gianee' !!!!!!!! :D

The thing is he was smoking a cigarette and looked like a proper sikh, obviously not old enough to grow a dari. no.gifno.gifno.gif

he was wearing a turban.

I would have killed him if he wasnt with that those other 3 or 4 moneh so called 'sikhs' :@ <_<

Please tell me what i should have done?

Thank you in advance

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh pray.gif

'why dont you go and be a f***ing gianee'

whatt????

take that cigrette and burned his eye balls in, then tied em up to a chair and electricuted him slowly to a painful death.

thats abou it i think grin.gif

wat more can u do.

:D

It’s always difficult to know how to react after the fact. Short of inviting a confrontation, there may not be much you could do. Your situation is completely off the wall, but in the past when people have said something, I have approached people quietly and extremely calmly to pursue a friendly slow introduction conversation with them, the result often being they freak out, and by the time they realize I don’t intend to harm them they feel stupid, and hopefully take a bit more care next time. However, my luck may run out if I run into someone with the wrong weapon so not sure if it’s the wisest thing.

I hear your frustration and I would also be furious. I think you might want to ask the question “what should I do”, not “what should I have done”. Have the perspective of being proactive with your energy by seeing the bigger picture.

You may consider countering that type of behavior by being proactive with others. Maybe you want to politely approach a few youngsters and have a very respectful chat with them as to why they think they need to shave. Some may walk away, but others will engage. I’ve done this and they are a bit taken aback that I have the nerve to talk to them, but do so respectfully. I think it does leave food for thought. You could also get involved in a more organized way in Sikh camps.

Another approach; In the past in lighter situations when someone has made me angry to the point where I think I should do something about that person but it was not feasible, I would see that I compliment or encourage someone else who was deserving.

If we all do our part in providing direction and respectful leadership, hopefully those easily influenced by the masses will eventually be influenced by better positioned masses. So do something, it's not too late. If each of even does as little as having one meaningful conversation every couple of weeks, together it will make tidal wave of a difference.

wow.... pure negativity... because he say sumtin bad ta you.. u gonn let dat affect ya spirituality?.... i'm sure Guru Nanak Dev Jee said SOMETHING bout controlling ya anger... i undastand wha he said was really offensive, and yes probably woulda got me bent to... buh dem jus words...

when he said dat, ya shoulda smiled and said 'Maybe Wit Guru's Kirpa' or sumtin along dem lines... ya dun respond to negativity wit negativity..

really good response by 'buddasingh'

I sooo understand you! Most of the racist abuse I have got is from people who call themselves "sikhs", In the past I just ignored them and just felt miserable cos I was the only guy with kesh in my School for a long time.

However If anyone says anything racist like that to me even if there are hundred of them, you have to give a fitting reply, find that inner strength!

I would have said "Your a Behtzi to Sikhi!!!, Why dont you become a Muslim!" with a smile.

I am not being derograty to Muslims, but they would take it offensively and then walked away, Though I dont think people take me on much these days cos my dhari apparently makes me look dangerous :T:

I hate the fact that kids from a sikh background are now attacking sikhs! Well annoying!

Though I have just read what Buddhasingh has written, he makes more sense! Try that approach!

PrIdw bury dw Blw kir gusw min n hFwie ]

fareedhaa burae dhaa bhalaa kar gusaa man n hadtaae ||

Fareed, answer evil with goodness; do not fill your mind with anger.

dyhI rogu n lgeI plY sBu ikCu pwie ]78]

dhaehee rog n lagee palai sabh kishh paae ||78||

Your body shall not suffer from any disease, and you shall obtain everything. ||78||