Weird Nightmares When Going To Sleep After Amrit Vela

4givme4mysins

Ek Onkar Satnam

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

It is a very weird expeaerence and it felt lately like i am getting ready for it to happen as if im trying to conquer it. I try to read extra banees throughout the day, and did my amrit vela and straight after left sukhmani sahib playing on my pda whilst i went to sleep. I think sangat ji is right because i feel as if i maybe rushing my Rakhiya da shabad & sohila da paath. I was told by a gupt very knowledgable elder that these things happen when the forces/laws of maya, kaljug want to distract you from your path or to make you weaker, they are like mental obsticles.

Thank you sangat ji

Gurfatehji

"I have no name"

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA
I was told by a gupt very knowledgable elder that these things happen when the forces/laws of maya, kaljug want to distract you from your path or to make you weaker, they are like mental obsticles.

Yep

1) Who is the creater of dreams/nightmare?

Waheguru and the restless mind

2) Can a dream/nightmare be a mean/reason to cut/erase some of our past deeds?

No, being born a human is the reason to annul past karma. A dream can be as pointless as being in lah lah land or being scared of something deep within the subcoincious mind. a.e If you are really scared to death of heights then a nightmare might be a way of either helping you overcome hieghts because you subliminally dont want to be scared anymore or you are so scared you will never get over it and that is your weakness. (Real life example a.e If a terrorist kidnapped you and was going to force you to islam then what would the terrorists best interrogation for you???? (holding you off a really high cliff of building) If you are scared of germs then would smearing feeckle matter on you be a good way of making you give up?????? ( yes eary bob :D )

One reason why I think Guru Gobind Singh Ji asked for Sikhs to take a cold isnaan is the shock value it has on the body. a.e If you get a shock from cold water everyday then tortures to the body arent as sensitive. I think GuruJi could forsee that his army needed to be stronger than any other, does any other army ask for cold showers only????? (as for this torture/shock issue)

A nightmare is a warning for your change, a dream is peace of mind while sleeping. A Sikh should have peace of mind 24/7 because we have Gurbani. So if you dont have peace of the mind then you are doing something incorrect. The onepointed mind is the only way to do it, by merely reading sohila isnt the solution either, you must absorb into sohila (your physical being becomes insignifagant, your soul gets sucked into the gutka and return back at ardas)((which is another meditational technology following right after a sohila session)) That is two ways to relieve the restless mind before sleep. Basically sohila is the password for the Ardas to your infinity. Infinity means there isnt a broken record within the mind playing nightmare after nightmare, infinity means once you drop the rock down the well it never hits the ground even after you wake up and even after you die. Some will get stuck in a loop of material fear other than the fear of God. Some will overcome daily problems through Gurmat and others will get lost in manmat. Anything to do with Gurmat is pure and the only way to anything.

During the day how many hours do you overlook Gurbani???????

When you laugh are you thinking of Gurbani??? When you eat???? When you sleep?????? When you bathe??????? When you cry????????? When you have pain??????????? So when you have the openmind for Gurbani then take a refreshing dip into the pool of mind soothing Gurbani. Dont think of Gurbani as words or ink, think of Gurbani as naad/sound and think of the source to which sound or vibration originated to be able to enter my mind and exit my mouth and have you capable of understanding the depth of the Gurbani tuk.

SatNaam

2) Can a dream/nightmare be a mean/reason to cut/erase some of our past deeds?

3) I read somewhere about the 4 stages of mind. Is dream/nightmare happen only in "Supan" stage? What happen in "Jagrat", "Sukopat" and "Turiya" stage?

Kindly share. Bhul chuk maaf.

2. they sure can, only if guruji wishes to do so. suraj prakaash granth goes over this in quite a bit of detail.

3. what you are having is dream in a supan stage. but all of humanity is having a dream in jagrat stage. those are the only 2 i know of. :D maybe someone can explain what "sukopat" and "turiya" means. i've heard of turia avastha while listening to the kahta from suraj prakaash granth. buh the katha vaachak said that the topic is very very complicated. so needless to say it didnt make much sens to me. also, i remember i couldnt concentrate at all that day. no.gif

A singh told me once that when you start reading banis regularly, your mind will tend to go to bad thoughts and even these nightmares. It happens as the mind is being cleaned by bani. When we clean a piece of cloth with soap, the foam appears and dissolves dirt in it which have been sticking to it. Similarly all these bad thoughts and fears are stuck on our mind and bani starts to erode them. Just stick to your amritvela and they will gradually go away.

i had sum similar problem....when i first started walking the right path(reaqding bani everyday, cleansing my mind,etc.), i cud see sum sort of devilish ppl (i wasnt even asleep) i was trying to meditate, they sort of looked like sum hindu gods...but who knows....never got those images ever since

i had sum similar problem....when i first started walking the right path(reaqding bani everyday, cleansing my mind,etc.), i cud see sum sort of devilish ppl (i wasnt even asleep) i was trying to meditate, they sort of looked like sum hindu gods...but who knows....never got those images ever since
ohmy.gif really? ohmy.gif u serious? ohmy.gif they might have been like bhoot or something. or or or jamdoot ohmy.gif :D

ohmy.gif really? ohmy.gif u serious? ohmy.gif they might have been like bhoot or something. or or or jamdoot ohmy.gif :D

are you being sarcastic? grin.gifgrin.gif