Weird Nightmares When Going To Sleep After Amrit Vela

4givme4mysins

Ek Onkar Satnam

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I have a brief explaination and understanding of why this happens, would like to your thoughts on this. If i do an early Amrit Vela i tend to go sleep about 30mins after i have completed nitnem or extra banee or few minutes simran as i get very tired at work if i have not rested properley. I have noticed that i get the same nightmare or scary feeling of something shaking me and the feeling of a fan blowing air straight at me. Early this morning in the nightmare i saw a ghost like face making me sit up and face it, it was obviously trying to scare me, so i tried to shout waheguru at it, which was proving difficult as it felt like my mouth was being held shut. I had this same expearence approx 10-11 times before.

Gurfatehji

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bass Singh

VJKK VJKF

I think you supposed 2 keep these experiences 2 yaself! But u should try and remember vaheguroo and keeo thinking about mahraj when it looks at u and smile and say vaheguroooooooooooooooooo!

MEREHH MAN GURR GUR SADDHH KARIYEHHH!!!!!!!!!

VJKK VJKF!

VJKK VJKF

I think you supposed 2 keep these experiences 2 yaself! But u should try and remember vaheguroo and keeo thinking about mahraj when it looks at u and smile and say vaheguroooooooooooooooooo!

MEREHH MAN GURR GUR SADDHH KARIYEHHH!!!!!!!!!

VJKK VJKF!

like paji says, keep it to urself & dont worry about it....nightmares or strange dreams come to us all

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

You should recite sohila with a onepointed mind, you might not be paying attention and your brain waves arent connecting in unison with the Shabad.

I have weird dreams that I slap people sometimes, it doesnt mean I am going to. With my daughter (who will always whine a fuss all throughout the night) waking up all through the night I have to do sohila louder than I do all the other paath because I have to wake up sometimes once an hour or so. Ill wake up sometimes getting kicked in the neck or her foot on my face :D This is proof that the last two years I have gotten very little sleep and I dont have nightmares, as long as I do paath I am fine, and I feel refreshed even with my "naps" I take during the late hours, instead of actually getting to sleep the whole night.

If you are having nightmares then you are too mixed up with the world and not allowing Gurbani to penatrate your mind at certain times(night). If you remember God before bed then you will have a meditation while sleeping because the second you wake up you are in simran and again meditating on God, so sleeping did not interupt your thoughts on God.

(just my opinion)

SatNam

i think pritam singh hit the nail on the head.

i have def noticed that nights that a few times when i did sohila and wasn't really into it there was a difference in my sleep. now if i find myself wandering off while doing sohila I start over and do it with a lil more oomph. i haven't had a bad dream in a very very very long time.

if you are in the middle of doing paath and find yourself just doing it like a robot, start over

I have had the exact same experiences before, whenever I go sleep after doing my Nitnem it always happens, so now I wake up abit later just stay awake after doing my Nitnem. This is called sleep paralysis; the following link may help http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

I understand where your coming from bro. I've never had this experience before but have heard and seen things that make me believe in ghosts. Maybe it is this sleep paralysis thing but I don't think so. I think you HAVE to do sohila with concentration and maybe more than once. I garuntee this will help you. Also if you can have a c.d of sukhmani sahib playing on a loop in your room, I feel this will also help. If you have any other questions I will be happy to help you any way i can, just PM me. Take care bro

wow .. thats amaaazing experience u had there...

for those that said you should not share.. basically he/she is not known and her profile says nothing about you he/she is so its good to share these kind of experiences with us moorakhs so we can learn and help each other to deal with them ..

i dun know what to say about ur experience though .. vahegurooo .... all i can say is keep doing it ! keep at ur amritvelas/banis/simran .. dreams cant hurt us physically but the power of naam can hurt ur nightmares! :D

wow .. thats amaaazing experience u had there...

.. dreams cant hurt us physically but the power of naam can hurt ur nightmares! :D

Waheguru Ji Ka KHALSA Waheguru Ji ki FATEH

Veerji,

I like the above quote, really superb.

I have some questions here and hope the learned members in this forum can help:

1) Who is the creater of dreams/nightmare?

2) Can a dream/nightmare be a mean/reason to cut/erase some of our past deeds?

3) I read somewhere about the 4 stages of mind. Is dream/nightmare happen only in "Supan" stage? What happen in "Jagrat", "Sukopat" and "Turiya" stage?

Kindly share. Bhul chuk maaf.