Is There A God

g-singh

God is not "something" u can capture in ur logic and explain. God is beyond logic and beyod explanation.

People who beleive in God truly, see God everywhere and for them there is no other or "begana"....no enemy....absoulutely no "other" than God Himself.

People who dont beleive in God have a definition of God which they themselve make.....but its IMMPOSSIBLE to "define " God.

Agm Agocru AlK Apwrw ]

agam agochar alakh apaaraa ||

You are inaccessible, unfathomable, invisible and infinite;

koie n jwxY qyrw prvwrw ]

koe n jaanai thaeraa paravaaraa ||

no one knows Your extent.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going back to the initial question...

"is there a God"?

The first line in Guru Granth Sahib answers that

"ik oa(n)kaar".... There is one and only ONE God... One Universal Creator God

Anymore questions??

WJKK WJKF

At last some body with a little sense that is all i wanted from this form why does it take people so long to come out with the most simple and obvious answer to my question.

Im so glad some one with a bit of sence.

WJKK WJKF d_oh.gif

Guest SatwantBeantKehar

Being a former athiest and a man of reason I understand where natsilahk is coming from.

To me god doesnt exist as people think it does. To me its a force in the nature - like its the opposite force of entropy which causes systems to stay orederly. Which means it causes both happiness and misery. Gurbani says "poor naya kare kartar" - this force is responsible for justice and fairness.

Also to me, you can be a perfect individual (compassionate, humaitarian, honest, just ) and still be an agnostic/athiest.

One more thing to people who are asking us to blindly believe in God by quoting SGGS - you are acting no better than islamo-fascicts asking people to shut up and "have faith" . In fact GGS itself encourgaes people to use Rationale and reasoning:

Akalee par ke bujhiye

Akalee keeje dan

I will post more on my understanding of god later.

chch-atheist.gif

Being a former athiest and a man of reason I understand where natsilahk is coming from.

To me god doesnt exist as people think it does. To me its a force in the nature - like its the opposite force of entropy which causes systems to stay orederly. Which means it causes both happiness and misery. Gurbani says "poor naya kare kartar" - this force is responsible for justice and fairness.

Also to me, you can be a perfect individual (compassionate, humaitarian, honest, just ) and still be an agnostic/athiest.

One more thing to people who are asking us to blindly believe in God by quoting SGGS - you are acting no better than islamo-fascicts asking people to shut up and "have faith" . In fact GGS itself encourgaes people to use Rationale and reasoning:

Akalee par ke bujhiye

Akalee keeje dan

chch-atheist.gif

LOL... you might as well go back to being an athiest!!... obviously you dont have any belief in God Himself. We aint asking you to "blindly believe in God by quoting out of Maharaj Ji"... The quotes from Maharaj Ji are the TRUTH!!!

And as for you comparing those who believe in Maharaj Ji to islamo-fascicts is just a nasty way of putting this into perspective.... You can forget about posting your views on God, your obviously confused!!

sabh gobi(n)dh hai sabh gobi(n)dh hai gobi(n)dh bin nehee koee ||

God is everything, God is everything. Without God, there is nothing at all.

chch-atheist.gif

You cannot understand GOD. You have to live God.

Human mind is too small to understand "infinite " God.

No matter how much u understand.....God will be beyond ur understanding.

Also, God is not against entropy. That is why entropy keeps on increasing in every process. Happiness and misery are byproducts of human mind.

You can equate God to be a balancing force or correcting force....but God is still beyond that.