Constantly Thinking About Cutting Hair......

*edited*

Guest s133k_s1kh

FATEH !!

1. Gel topic

2. Do women prefer turbaned men anymore ?

3. i feel isolated.

These are the topics started by you

I am not trying to affront you here but the topics started by you show how much you are concerned about your looks, how you want a girl in your life, how you are trying to find excuses to vent your frustrations.

Why is that ??? Are you looking for an answer from Sangat that suits you ??

Try submitting to the Guru.. that might answer all your questions.

ps: you should have posted this in the seva/support/advice section.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

im constantly thinking about cutting hair and am becoming increasingly tired of looking different..when i was young i didnt mind it but now that im 22 i just want to be able to fit in and look 'normal'........why is it easier for sikh women to get away with cutting hair but wear a kara and call themselves sikh when guys cant do it and everyone goes mad....just need some advise........got no one else to turn to.

just cut ur kes then becuz u obviously think u dont look normal. do it and then see how u feel afterwards. see if u feel happy. see if u enjoy being "normal". see if u can face ur Guru or the saheeds after u have killed ur kes off.

uve gotta think about wah the guru jis did!!

GURU GOBIND SINGH JI WANTED US TO STAND OUT!! not fit in with eevryone else.. HE WANTED FOR HIS SIKHS TO BE NOTCIED!! waheguru ji ... to standout 4rm a crowd!

be proud of ya kesh

and u mst "care" if ure still thinking and hvnt done nething!!

and it will be ure biggest loss and regret if u do!! ... for the guru's ... dont!!

dhan dhan sikhi

waheguru ji

i'm gonna go ahead and guess that you haven't studied sikhi and gurbani all that much . . .

once you start reading gurbani and studying sikhi/sikh history you will start to gain a greater respect for sikhi and in your case, your kes.

its seems like you might have some self-esteem issues and cutting your kes isn't going to address that. you are attributing whatever problems you are having to 'sticking-out' and your kes, but once you cut it your self-esteem isn't going to suddenly sky rocket. you are just going to find another scapegoat.

you need to gain a pride and respect for sikhi and address your self-esteem issues.

i honestly have a friend that seems to be just like you. he started by trimming his dhari and then eventually cut his kes. i can truthfully say that he didn't feel any better.

if its the attention of the ladies that you are seeking, there are two things i have to say. first of all you dont want to be with a girl that doesnt respect your sikhi and girls love a confident sardar.

g'luck pahji

fateh ,

Do you really want to cut your hair? Do you really want to throw this beautiful gift huru ji has given you back at his face?

Your kesh makes you stand out... guru gobind singh ji wanted his sikhs to stand out!!

Do you have sangat were you live that can help you and you cant start doing things together?? Try going to sikhi programs where you live. Sangat changes everyones thinking and even lives.

i'm gonna go ahead and guess that you haven't studied sikhi and gurbani all that much . . .

once you start reading gurbani and studying sikhi/sikh history you will start to gain a greater respect for sikhi and in your case, your kes.

its seems like you might have some self-esteem issues and cutting your kes isn't going to address that. you are attributing whatever problems you are having to 'sticking-out' and your kes, but once you cut it your self-esteem isn't going to suddenly sky rocket. you are just going to find another scapegoat.

you need to gain a pride and respect for sikhi and address your self-esteem issues.

i honestly have a friend that seems to be just like you. he started by trimming his dhari and then eventually cut his kes. i can truthfully say that he didn't feel any better.

if its the attention of the ladies that you are seeking, there are two things i have to say. first of all you dont want to be with a girl that doesnt respect your sikhi and girls love a confident sardar.

g'luck pahji

exactly! read the post again super singh

u have to be confident! sometimes it's hard to do, but with Gurbani(Akal's KIRPA) U will get to realize yourself! as someone has posted in the "singhnia chatin/talkin to singhs" it is clear that good and bad souls get attracted to people who are on the path of truth, know and love themselves first because they know vaheguru the most powerful being resides with in! once u realize that u really dont need no one in life...and u will be happy sittin alone and ENJOY evertything there is in life to enjoy. when u are alone..u will not feel as if u are. it wouldnt matter to u if u around everyone or alone...all will be same to ya! and when we at that stage...its like magnetic pull which makes other wanna be near u and talk to u. this might be little Abstract for some of u, thus forgive me for that: the souls connect in a way that sometimes dont even make sense that itz even possible to have such connections.

"Mun jitey Jug Jeet"

"Mun toon joyt saroop hai appna mool pachhan"

we are more thn this body STOP LIMITIN UR SELF TO WHAT U SEE IN THE MIRROR

those of u who knows me knows that i am nowhere near what i have just written down, but thts what i have seen happening around me(observation and being around people who give my soul peace and longin to be with them the whole time)

hope (Ardas)Guru sahibji does kirpa on all of us so we can move further from this limited view of ourselves ..and experience the bliss(Anand)

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

g'luck pahji

exactly! read the post again super singh

u have to be confident! sometimes it's hard to do, but with Gurbani(Akal's KIRPA) U will get to realize yourself! as someone has posted in the "singhnia chatin/talkin to singhs" it is clear that good and bad souls get attracted to people who are on the path of truth, know and love themselves first because they know vaheguru the most powerful being resides with in! once u realize that u really dont need no one in life...and u will be happy sittin alone and ENJOY evertything there is in life to enjoy. when u are alone..u will not feel as if u are. it wouldnt matter to u if u around everyone or alone...all will be same to ya! and when we at that stage...its like magnetic pull which makes other wanna be near u and talk to u. this might be little Abstract for some of u, thus forgive me for that: the souls connect in a way that sometimes dont even make sense that itz even possible to have such connections."Mun jitey Jug Jeet"

"Mun toon joyt saroop hai appna mool pachhan"

we are more thn this body STOP LIMITIN UR SELF TO WHAT U SEE IN THE MIRROR

those of u who knows me knows that i am nowhere near what i have just written down, but thts what i have seen happening around me(observation and being around people who give my soul peace and longin to be with them the whole time)

hope (Ardas)Guru sahibji does kirpa on all of us so we can move further from this limited view of ourselves ..and experience the bliss(Anand)

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

i swear its like kaur khalistani lioness can read my mind sometimes...paji from all your posts i can tell that impressing girls is more important to you than your dastaar and u may feel as if u need to lose it in order to achieve this...if this is what you think, im sorry to say but u're terribly mistaken...keep your head up and strut your stuff with confidence..what's more beautiful than a khalsa??nothing, theres no comparison.period.