Protest In Edinburgh

Sikh Soldier

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so how far have these past few posts got us?

Probably making the poor veer who had to suffer this atrocious attack feel even worse, great lot of good that is for his self esteem!

Anyways we all know the facts

Sangat turned up in Edinburgh – great d_oh.gif

A lot more sangat could have come

Maybe a bit more planning could have gone into it BEACAUSE maybe it was GENUINELY difficult for some people to attend. grin.gif

What can be done now?

Support the veer, do Ardaas for the Panth to stay Chardi kalla and face whatever comes its way head on

And instead of bashing each other help and encourage each other, maybe something along the lines of “oh you couldn’t make it for such a reason but next time (and God forbid there is a next time) you can hitch a ride with me bro/sis” or “yeah I can recommend a good coach company at the last minute” or “I know flanna at this Gurdwara who wont mind you borrowing the mini bus” or “yeah we will make an announcement at our Gurdwara and put up posters to make sangat aware” or “yeah I will have a word with our Granthi ji so we can do Ardaas for our little veer together in sangat” and so onnnnn stopppp with all this bashing each otherrrrrrr pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee pray.gif

Guest Glasgow Singh

anjaan, i agree with you, it is a sad day when we stoop to insulting EACH OTHER on forums. I think we might be listening to what others are saying, but are we really hearing?

Look at the end of theday, we all have different opinons, the difference is one of the beautiful things about Maharaj's creation. We should accept it, rather than try to hammer it down. Please singhs (and it has only been singhs - must be a testosterone overdose...) take a look at these posts - does nobody feel embarrased? i do, and i feel that we are totally splintered. . .

One side provokes, one side reacts - its just so childish , look how much time we have wasted even reading these posts...

Anyone who posts insensibly after anjaan's in depth and sobering post ought to be ashamed. If you feel really annoyed about any of the posts, then do 10 seconds, only 10 seconds of simran before you write... thats all i ask

Daas

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Would like to draw the sangat's attention to some positive feedback...

The Scotsman article

Have a read of the comments made by the public at the bottom. Some of them are really positive and heartwarming.

Examples

*The Sikh community have shown all of us an example of how. peaceful and united protest can draw attention to the serious problems we have within the various communities.

Well done

*This is a great show of unity and support, but its not just for the Sikh community, its for all of us.

*Many congrats to the Sikh community in pulling of a peaceful demo. Let's hope the cops can repay them by getting the thugs who assaulted the boy.

I'm still not a fan of ANY religion. I despise them all equally ... but you have to tip your hat (or dastaar) to the Sikhs for how cquickly they pulled it together, without and problems.

*Great to see such a well organised demo. All involved should be congratulated. Pity such a show was to demonstrate against some very sick idiots, who sure do not represent the views of the Edinburgh people. I have watched the Sikhs parade in Great Junction Street and find it an inspiring site. Indeed I know a good few Sikhs and am very happy to be able to say they are friends. I wish the young lad all the best and hope he can put this behind him. With the help of his community, I am sure he will back on top soon. All the best to the Edinburgh Sikhs!

etc...

Well done to all our Sikh Brothers and sisters who made the long journey up north and represented the Sikhi saroop in such a positive manor

Dhan Guru, Dhan Guru Pyare d_oh.gif

we have all giving our opinoun, lets just take advice from Guru JI, im sorry for agressive behavour before, but it hurts when fellow sikhs call protest like this useless,

Blessed are that mortal beings, who share the Teachings with others and engages in altruistic services of doing good to others. - Guru Ram Das, Sri Guru Granth Sahib, Ang.311

Worthless is the body that does not do good deeds to others. - Guru Arjan Dev, Sri Guru Granth Sahib, Ang. 69

I am sacrifice to the one who take pleasure in life of altruism. - Gurdas, Bhai. Vaar 12, Pauri 5

One who serves and helps others is exalted in the Lord's court; the others who turn away from God by not serving are disgraced. - Bhai Gurdas, Vaar 34, Pauri 1

Without being engaged in service to others, these hands and feet are disdainful as any other activity is without any merit. - Gurdas, Bhai. Vaar 27, Pauri 10

After acquiring fourteen educational skills, I found the occupation of altruism as the best and the most satisfying profession. - Gurdas, Bhai. Vaar 25, Pauri 9.

A Sikh lives out the Guru's teachings when she/he begins to like the good deeds of altruism. - Gurdas, Bhai. Vaar 11, Pauri 4.

I have sought the Sanctuary of the Saadh Sangat, the society of the Holy where I have found the Sublime Essence of the Lord. The adherent of this society do good deeds for others, and speak of the Lord's many Glorious Virtues; kindly bless me to belong to the company of these Saints, these devotees of the Lord. - Guru Ram Das, Sri Guru Granth Sahib, Ang. 1326

Guru founded congregations of the seekers and made them institutions where Sikhs were engaged in serving others. - Bhai Gurdas, // 9, Pauri 17.

Those who contemplate on God's Nome become the helpers of others. - Guru Arjan, Sri Guru Granth Sahib, Ang. 263

The altruists speak of the Lord's many Glorious Virtues and too do good deeds for others. Kindly bless me to meet these Saints, these devotees of the God. - Guru Ram Das, Sri Guru Granth Sahib, Ang. 1326

The meditation is to connect the mind with the Truth; without serving others, one cannot be a meditating devotee. - Guru Amar Das, Sri Guru Granth Sahib, Ang. 506

Those who sing the Glorious Praises of the Sustaining ONE while engaged in the acts of altruism, their words of praises are priceless. - Sri Guru Granth Sahib, M 5, Ang. 824.

The Word of the Guru's Shabad now tastes sweet to my mind. My karma has been activated, and I began to see the Divine Radiance of the Lord, Har, Har, manifest in each and every heart. - Guru Arjan Dev, Sri Guru Granth Sahib, Ang. 1221

So yeah it all good praying , which is a fundamental, but we need to help others and if you didnt help your lil bro, due to laziness, then be ashamed. but just learn a lesson and try next time an event comes like this. becuase it will, this is kaljug and there is never gonna be peace,