Mahabharat And Guru Gobind Singh

"it does not have to do anything about sikhism .... one is its history ... and guru sahib want the sikhs that if they want to know about history they need not to search any hindu granth ....W

I agree to a certain extent but i think it was more that the Hindu texts were in ancient languages which the common man could not understand. This meant that it was only the 'higher' caste people who understood them and the common man was at their mercy for translation. They, obviously, were able to put whatever spin they wanted to on history and teachings.

By translating them, Guru Ji allowed access to the common man. Firstly, as you have stated, because Guru Ji wanted his Sikhs to learn about the great battles. Secondly, and I believe this is important, it was to show that all people are equal and that everyone should have access to spiritual knowlede. It is not only for the 'chosen' few through birth into a certain caste. I believe some Bhamin of the day would have been dismayed :lol:

Knowledge = power d_oh.gif

AAA

dropadi. what was her relationship with the 5 brothers?

dropadi Was Wife of 5 brothers(Yudhishtar,Bhim, Arjun, Nakul,Sahdev)....

Yeah she was really going to marry arjun, when arjun brought draupadi home, he said to the mother, i've got something for you mum (meaning her daughter in law) and her mother didnt know so she said "dont worry about me son, whatever you have share it between your brothers, so draupadi was the wife of panch pandav

Haha - Arjun wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer then was he! rolleyes.gif

i knew that dropati was the wife of the 5 brothers from the begining, i just asked earlier on becuase

i just wanted 2 see what u all say about it and read your views... lol interesting.

mahabaratha was an epic war, thats it. I think it serves an educational purpose and we can learn some things from it. that was 1 reason for having it translated,

another reason was beacause it was in sanskrit, and common folk didnt couldnt read sanskrit, so the pandits could make their own stuff up, poor man cudnt contest it.

by translating it , guru ji made it accesible to the poor people that didnt know sanskrit. that way every1 could read it.

Where did Guru ji talk about Mahabharat wacko.gif

I mean in dasam granth sahib?

they have just fullfilled the hukam of there mother .....
aho i know the story. buh i still dont agree with it. humans make mistakes emi.

Not really..

There is another story behind this..

When Draupadi did bhagti, then Krishan asked her for a boon

she asked for a husband who is:

Best wrestler

Best archery person (lol i dont know the word)

Got the best knowledge..

..etc.. and you know.. no one person had those gifts, so Krishan cleverly made her marry 5 of them who had those individual virtues.

At first Draupadi disagrees with the idea of sharing when The Pandava's mother told her sons to "share the almonds around the brothers" Then Krishan appeared and explained this to her - So she didn't have a choice really..due to her greed

well guru ji does mention mahabarat in the dasam granth just a few times. Guru ji reffers to many battles in the dasam granth. They serve an educational purpose.

SWAYYA

ਸ੍ਵੈਯਾ ॥

ਭਾਰਥ ਜਿਉ ਰਨ ਮੈ ਰਿਸਿ ਪਾਰਥਿ ਕੁ੍ਰਧ ਕੈ ਜੁਧ ਕਰਿਓ ਕਰਨੈ ਸੇ ॥

Just as in the war of Mahabharata, Arjuna, filled with anger had fought with Karan.

theres few more refferences to the mahabarat aswell. this just being 1.