Guru Granth Sahib

`KuMi´

when guru ji was here in a human form , or in a physical form, it wasnt the body singhs worshipped, it was the words they spoke. it was that shabad that came from them, when they spoke it was like god speaking .

same applie to now, guru ji is no less here on earth than when they were in a physical form. its the shabad which is contained within the guru. its deep stuff, most of it come to you after alot of time and reading gurbani, some sooner than others with kirpa but only by reading ,singing and living it. easier said than done i supose........

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gurfateh,

I remeber a gursikh saying to me, the more you treat guru sahib ji as you would to guru nanak dev ji, guru gobind singh ji and all the 10 gurus, the more you beleive guru granth sahib ji is the living saroop of the ten gurus the final and eternal joyt of the ten gurus. . . .. the more kirpa and darshan etc you will get. . .. . there have been many sakhis were gurmukhs have had darshan of guru sahibs out of guru granth sahib jee. . . . i.e. i remeber someone sayin that a gursikh in america had darshan after they did parkash and started to read bani or summit one of the guru came out of guru granth sahib jee and then went back in. . . . . same happens about real sants i.e. singhs who have faith have had darshan of sant jee and bhagats from guru granth sahib jee. neverthe less do and believe what you want

Ooooo Wikedd, But I'd like an answer to my questions, Why dont we treat guru jee like a teacher!!??
we do. but its much more than that. not just a teacher.

Sri Guru Granth Sahib Sache Pathsah is the anwers to all of our questions. Its' not JUST a teacher, is a protector, its' our best friend, its' our family, its' our pride, its' the calmination of the TEN Nanak's!!!

Wooohoooo Welll then Please Refer to guru jee as THEY

gur ibnu Goru AMDwru gurU ibnu smJ n AwvY ]

gur bin ghor a(n)dhhaar guroo bin samajh n aavai ||

Without the Guru, there is utter darkness; without the Guru, understanding does not come.

gur ibnu suriq n isiD gurU ibnu mukiq n pwvY ]

gur bin surath n sidhh guroo bin mukath n paavai ||

Without the Guru, there is no intuitive awareness or success; without the Guru, there is no liberation.

guru kru scu bIcwru gurU kru ry mn myry ]

gur kar sach beechaar guroo kar rae man maerae ||

So make Him your Guru, and contemplate the Truth; make Him your Guru, O my mind.

guru kru sbd spuMn AGn ktih sB qyry ]

gur kar sabadh sapu(n)n aghan kattehi sabh thaerae ||

Make Him your Guru, who is embellished and exalted in the Word of the Shabad; all your sins shall be washed away.

guru nXix bXix guru guru krhu gurU siq kiv nl´ kih ]

gur nayan bayan gur gur karahu guroo sath kav naly kehi ||

So speaks NALL the poet: with your eyes, make Him your Guru; with the words you speak, make Him your Guru, your True Guru.

ijin gurU n dyiKAau nhu kIAau qy AkXQ sMswr mih ]4]8]

jin guroo n dhaekhiao nahu keeao thae akayathh sa(n)saar mehi ||4||8||

Those who have not seen the Guru, who have not made Him their Guru, are useless in this world. ||4||8||

Guest SatwantBeantKehar

Rather than having blind faith, I'd encourage people to approach GGS critically and then find out if its the path for you.

This'd mean lots of research and trying to understand the connotations and annotations -

Akalee par ke bujhiye |

Akalee keeje Daan |

This is what I did (totally without sharda - I was an athiest ) and I was BLOWN AWAY by the beauty of it.

People who spend all their lives doing chavar without spedning a moment trying to understand what gurus wanted to say (In fact these people find guru sahib boring or they are simply too busy to be bothered ) - are just

being brahamanstic/biparvaadi.

Same applies to people who do sahaj paths/ akhand paths - this kind of parroting with tons of shardha but zero interest is a useless ritual.

Coz I have seen as long as they dont try to understand what is our shabad

guru despite all their paths they cant overcome their ego, avarice, fear, lack of compassion and other vices.

I due to my analytical approach was totally transformed - now if someone slanders me or tries to put me down - I dont feel idignant or vengeful - I pity the strong hold maya has on them and I love em all the same - Sab mein jot jot hai soyi. I have begun to see lord's beautiful light in everyone and try to put a smile on as many faces as i can.

So my advice - dont be a sikh of pustak guru be a sikh of shabad guru.