Guru Granth Sahib

`KuMi´

Well, u kno how people go on about, you should see guru granth sahib as a living physical person, like i mean whats the point.

Because you dont have to see them as a living physical person, ther name is GURU granth sahib, emphasis on the guru. Guru means teacher am i wrong? So if u consider them as a teacher you will start to understand more. (arrghh its annoying i kno what to say, but then again i dont arghhhhhhhhh) Look im not sayin 'dont respect them ' butt ayyy look at the way we treat them now, soo treat guru sahib better than we do already, and they deserve more. All im sayin, if u took guru jee as a teacher youd learn more??

I am not trying to be disrepectful, im just sayin what i think, nd if i have sed sumut to offend u, may guru jee kik my arse a thousand times

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I agree with Kumi Sahib Jee.

Guroo Jee enables us to meet Waheguroo, but only if we follow Guroo Jee's Hukam. If we were to realise who/what Guroo Jee is, then the world would be a lot better place.

Guroo Jee is a living Jot because everytime you ask sincerely through Ardaas to Guroo Sahib for an answer to problems/questions you are having, they will answer exactly on that point through a Hukumnama.

Baba Nand Singh Jee used to cry tears of love to the Furmaans/Bachans that he heard from Hukumnamas of Guroo Sahib Jee, because he understood that Guroo Granth Sahib Jee is the living embodiment of Guroo Nanak Dev Jee, i.e., its Guroo Nanak talking to you through Gurbani.

If only we had the same understanding as such Mahaan Mahapurakhs.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguroo

Well, u kno how people go on about, you should see guru granth sahib as a living physical person, like i mean whats the point.

Because you dont have to see them as a living physical person, ther name is GURU granth sahib, emphasis on the guru. Guru means teacher am i wrong? So if u consider them as a teacher you will start to understand more. (arrghh its annoying i kno what to say, but then again i dont arghhhhhhhhh) Look im not sayin 'dont respect them ' butt ayyy look at the way we treat them now, soo treat guru sahib better than we do already, and they deserve more. All im sayin, if u took guru jee as a teacher youd learn more??

I am not trying to be disrepectful, im just sayin what i think, nd if i have sed sumut to offend u, may guru jee kik my arse a thousand times

When they say treat guru sahib as a person, they don't mean a living physical person in that context. They're basically saying that after the 10 gurus, there are no more, so follow the sri guru granth sahib ji.. use it as your guru.. use it's words (like a living person would speak) as a guideline for your life... i see what youre saying, but in all truthfulness, our sri guru granth sahib, was written for us by our gurus, so you can think of it, as their words are "living" on forever in the guru granth sahib ji..

bhul chuk maaf

I have heard different versions from different people.

My honest viewes are :

When we say "guru granth sahib" this clearly nullifies the point that guru is a person or a human, our guru is actually "granth" sahib or the bani contained in granth and granth means a book not a living body. But ironically we are going too far and are actually treating guru sahib more as a living human by doing things like sukhaasan, putting in fans and air conditioners in guruji's room or wrapping in blankets e.t.c which to me seem useless like brahmanical practices and means we are treating our most respectable and beloved guru like a respeactable human body which it is not. I feel it is actually a word of god which has to be respected, recited, understood and followed and not to be placed in an air conditioned rooms or wrapped in blankets. I heard that when we bow in front of guru granth sahib we are actually bowing in front of the bani which is our guru as gurbani says: "bani guru guru hai bani vich bani amrit saare, gurbani kahey sewak jan maane partakh guru nistaare"

I think by treating guru granth sahib ji as living guru we are actually doing idol worship. But these are just my views at the moment and i know i am a moorakh and it's very likely i might be terribly wrong but i would like someone to kindly correct me.

Bhul chuk maaf

"Guru grsnth ji msneyo psrgst gurs ki deh"

Does it actually mean to treat guru granth sahib ji as a body in general or:

is it an order of guru gobind singh ji to read bani and follow it by assuming that gurus are commanding us by being pargat themselves.

I am really confused coz all the practices that we follow actually contradict the ideology guru nanak patshah.

"Guru grsnth ji msneyo psrgst gurs ki deh"

Does it actually mean to treat guru granth sahib ji as a body in general or:

is it an order of guru gobind singh ji to read bani and follow it by assuming that gurus are commanding us by being pargat themselves.

I am really confused coz all the practices that we follow actually contradict the ideology guru nanak patshah.

You are right as well as wrong.

Anything done out of LOVE is important and helps. Anything done just out of fear or ritualism is wrong and affects u in a wrong way.

Remember, its doesn't matter what u do, the only thing which matters is ur intention and purity.

I have also seen that most people do these things out of fear and ego. But there may be some fotunates one whose LOVE guides their actions.

I hope I made some sense.

Anything done out of LOVE is important and helps. Anything done just out of fear or ritualism is wrong and affects u in a wrong way.

Remember, its doesn't matter what u do, the only thing which matters is ur intention and purity.

vaheguru!

this is why i love balwinder singh blush.gif

hsi answer is always the same to almost every question, AND he's always right... it's always about the love and sharda...

remember that Satguru Nanak Dev Ji's goal was to rid the Sikhs of practicing mindless rituals . these would be rituals with no intention, no sharda, no bhavna, no meaning, no real results, no focus. nothing. no substance.

when guru sahib ji's saroop is treated with a fan, and blankets, or what not.. IF it's being done beacuse it's an act of love, respect, admiratoin... then it's not a mindless ritual... there's no balck and white line... what is too much, what isn't.. such a line doesn't exist, because people do CRAZY things when love is the influence... and, especially when it's love directed to The One, then, that's true love... when you're "jurdiya hoya" with the Big Man....then saachi preet hum tum sio jorri, and anything you do is an expression of love for Him.

vaheguru!

this is why i love balwinder singh blush.gif

hsi answer is always the same to almost every question, AND he's always right... it's always about the love and sharda...

remember that Satguru Nanak Dev Ji's goal was to rid the Sikhs of practicing mindless rituals . these would be rituals with no intention, no sharda, no bhavna, no meaning, no real results, no focus. nothing. no substance.

when guru sahib ji's saroop is treated with a fan, and blankets, or what not.. IF it's being done beacuse it's an act of love, respect, admiratoin... then it's not a mindless ritual... there's no balck and white line... what is too much, what isn't.. such a line doesn't exist, because people do CRAZY things when love is the influence... and, especially when it's love directed to The One, then, that's true love... when you're "jurdiya hoya" with the Big Man....then saachi preet hum tum sio jorri, and anything you do is an expression of love for Him.

nice replies! :TH: