Are Ravidassia's Sikhs Or A Cult?

LifeIsBeautiful

They say 'Jai Ravidass di' or something like that

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=52...rtan+california

This is a video of Bhagat Ravidas Ji's being remembered at temple in Sacramento....i dont get what they're about, kinda confusing... :lol: @

Not displayed, what did you type brother?

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Byproducts of the caste disease of Sikhs. Them high castes don't let us into the Gurudwara, so we will make our own Gurudwaras and ally behind Bhagat Ravidaas, make him Guru, cause you know, he was low caste too.

Sad really...where the Gurus preached unity, the Sikhs are shooting themselves in the foot with more and more divisions.

Seeing as many of you are making statements about Ravidas Gudware without actually having been to one, let me clear some misconception up.....seeing as I apparently fall into this f**ked up idea of a chamaar caste and caste system in general.

Firslty, what is a Gudwara?

The home of Maharaji.....regardless of whether the Gudware 'belongs' to a particular caste or not....you primary goal is to go and see and give your respect to Maharaji.

Secondly, whilst I disagree with the use of Guru when referring to Bhagat Ravidass....the Gudware and every function of the Gudwara (Handsworth/Grove Lane) is just the same as every other Gudware.....

I think the issue here is the old system of having some Gudware being run by commite (as the Grove Lane one is)....I've seen the committee....sadly lacking in Gursikhs.....and with the old system comes the old way of life...aka the caste issue.

Regardless of whether a Gudware is a Ravidass or Ramgharia or Bhatra Gudwara, your only intention as a Gursikh when visiting such places is to see Maharaji.

I don't think we can lay waste to all such sacred places, even if the Gudware claim to be part of particular group and we CERTAINLY shouldnt begin to critize all who go that Gudware or all who fall into these backwards caste ideas....

I for one find the Ravidass Gudware on Grove Lane reallly peaceful and I have NO problem going to ANY Gudware from any caste...as long as I get the dharshan of my Maharaji..

Sad really...where the Gurus preached unity, the Sikhs are shooting themselves in the foot with more and more divisions.

I think some of these Punjabi Gurusikhs are more racial than even the Caucasians.

They are defying there own Gurus message and commit "SINS " when they talk of caste .

See Punjab Tribune of sat and sunday it reeks and stinks of caste matrimonial

wonder if Guru ji would be happy having such boys under his fold rather he would have his langar with Gur Ravi Dass boys.

Why cant we form a casteless society as a role model for the world to follow. d_oh.gif

I pray for well being all irrespective of his colour , caste , religion and race pray.gif

love

hps the jalandhar sikh

Ek Onkar Satnam

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

The people who follow this path have taken core ideals of sikhism and the khalsa and centered it around Bhagat Ravidas ji. Bhagat Ravidas was around before our Satgurus so Gururship was not passed to him. If Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji called Bhagat Ravidas Ji a Bhagat then he should always been remembered as a Bhagat.

Forgive me if i have offended any one.

Gurfateh ji

"I have no name"

But you see, to ME Ravidas is a Bhagat....but others would probably not view him that way. To be honest, I think most people...even the elderly, KNOW that Guru Granth Sahib Ji is THE Guru...but would probably only refer to Bhagat Ravidass as a Guru by name only but without the feeling that the title Guru bestows upon the GGSJ.

This isn't the fault of a particular GROUP of people, its the problem of individuals who create that group...a group is not homogenous...its heterogenous...and the problems with the caste thing isnt just a Ravidas issue...its a whole Sikhi issue that has been created from our parents and grandparents and its really upto us as the next generation to teach our kids of the unity of man and therefore do away with this catse ideology setup by our forfathers. It's as simple as that.

It's something that ISNT going to be sorted out in our generation but I'm sure eventually over time it's something WE can get rid off.

But to view those followes of a particular 'group' within Sikhi as 'bad', is very much akin to the way some of us view caste and actually follow caste....enough of the discrimination and ill thought, more of the love, pyar, seva, sangat and mainly to ensure we teach our kids the true meaning of Sikhi...Ek Onkar and Ekta

its OUR fault that the people of the "chammar" caste have their own guru Ghars, despite one of the objectives of the Singh Sabha movement was to accept the "low castes" into the the same Gurudwaras as everyone else

its OUR fault that the people of the "chammar" caste have their own guru Ghars, despite one of the objectives of the Singh Sabha movement was to accept the "low castes" into the the same Gurudwaras as everyone else

True. The shortcomings we have around us are a direct result of our own shortcomings. Our lack of acceptance of caste/regional driven differences despite our Guru ji’s teachings have today created caste affiliated Gurdwaras. If that’s not a slap in our face then I don’t know what is! We can blame our forefathers but truth is we are still allowing these practices and differences to exist by accepting a Gurdwara as a Ramgharia or Chamar Gurdwara. If our Jagat Guru resides in that Gurdwara than it is our responsibility to look after that Gurdwara regardless of what caste background the committee people claim to be. They won’t change but we need to change. We should be doing sewa in the Gurdwaras where these problems exist, not disowning them.

Gur Fateh Khalsa jio

My points....

1 - Those that decided to name Gurdwaras after castes need a good kick in the head (elders obviously)

2 - Those that break away from Sikhi and use it against Sikhi need some as above

3 - Those (elders again) who teach youngsters lke me that caste matters also need a taste fo the same. Mainly from the youth who have idiotic family members.

Some people in my own family say caste matters, then they are not practicng Sikhi, so i have jolly good fun confronting them and they have no choice but to back away from me! Hehe, but does make them change their view? Sadly no! - But we as the youth can change this!

IMPLEMENT INTO SOCIETY WHAT THE KHALSA WAS SUPPOSED TO!

Gr Fateh!