Are Sikhs Facing A Crisis?

ISDhillon

I don't think there is a crisis at all in Sikhi.

Yes, there are problems, but not the extent as the poster has suggested.

I do think the beadi issue should be sorted out. But not from an act of parliment....imagine how long it will take for such an issue to happen!!!

We need to be more proactive in this issue and become more organised. Power is the in the people and numbers and not an act on a piece of paper.

Two things we should address, beadi's and thousands of youngester drifting from Sikhi.....there will be many more beadis and many more issue if we don't address the youth of today who will be the leaders of tommorow.

Saldy, I'm one of the guilty ones who are too passive....I hope to lend my support for such activities at some point in the near future, with Maharaji's Kirpa.

Well, parliament is one thing but as suggested thats a long term action. We need a more speedy resolution..basikly im saying we need to attract youth to the gurdwara..not by any necesary means..but simply by using gurmat, parchar and more camps. These are just my thoughts though feel free to add. Lets not post crazy ideas...but it would be good to see what kind of brainstormiing sangat can come up with..by best solution is to hold camps and then campers to tell all their friends to come along and see what happens with that....slowly people will come together and eventually committees will see that youth dont want wrong activities being carried out. At present there simply isnt enough youth to protest...the majority is elders and if sikhs are not careful soon gurdwaras will be as empty as church halls and if this happens tht will be a sad day for sikhi indeed.

the elders arnt much bothered in pyar and respect for guru ji they are 2 much tangled up in politics were as the youth of today have more pyar for guru ji and wud do any thing to stop beadbi, i was at the ek niwas protest the other week and i over heard the elders sayin lets come back 2mrw and we can have a meetin and sayin other stupid stuff etc, and the youth which were the main reason why we got guru maharaj back, were willing to stay there all night until we got guru ji back, then the funny thing was i was reading the punjabi newspaper and the main guys of the federation had put all fotos up of there guys making it look like it was all done by them at ek niwas lol

I see no response, the truth is when it comes to issues that we are all guilty of we dont really give a <admin-profanity filter activated> if its an insult, i would be more interested in liberating sikhism from th clutches of sikhs than those accused of so-called trumped-up beadbi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!