Politics And Religion- Cut Hair

singh2k

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lala2k ki kariye .... assi taan punjabch rehende punjabi schoolch pareya han .... ok if i spell religion right will u convert ..... ok let me try ...

RELIGION ....

now convert ....

ur half hindu half muslim .... better follow one out of two now .....

how to avoid western or gora influence guide

1) dont watch their films or go to cinemas

2) dont listen to their radio stations

3) dont read their lustfull dirty magazines and newspapers

4) do Nitnem regularly and never miss Sukhmani Sahib this should be done daily or listened to by tape around the clock

5) avoid befriending them because they put evil things in the mind

6) go Gurdwara regularly

7) avoid gambling and games like pool

8) keep your mind fixed on Kirtan and Katha

9) only do sangat of gursikhs

10) and live a noble life avoid alcohol

that a wrong statement to say . people who live in the western countries are lucky but please dont say your garbage ideas that involves preaching on your fundamentalist ways.

the world changes all the time and we must adopt to the changes. in every religion the holy book is a guide line.

Singh2K

I think you know that by cutting your hair you are doing something wrong and by coming on to a Sikhi forum to post about it you are subconsciously trying to get a angry reaction from other Sikhs so that you're decision to cut your hair which you claim is based on the politics in Sikhi and the bad acts of people wearing turbans can be confirmed. By getting an angry reaction you can then feel a little bit more secure in your decision. You have got some angry reactions and in a sense that is natural, when Singhs are getting discriminated against everyday some of them will see you as a traitor for cutting your hair and taking the easy way out. Going by your first post you appear to live in New York and living as I do in the UK it is not always easy to understand the constant discrimination that Singhs have to go through in the USA. In UK we are lucky that is is not as much as in the USA but being a Sikh anywhere is a challenge. Faced with discrimination we have two choices, either we take the easy way out .. that is to cut our hair and try as best we can to merge and become just another brown face in America. The other option which is the harder choice is to remain a Sikh and as such bear the constant dirty looks and abuse. It's a personal choice which one chooses.

Now to your main point. You seem to have cut your hair because of the actions of others. That's never a good basis for any decision. Bhullan Ander Sabh Ko Abhull Guru Kartar says Bhai Gurdas. Everyone is subject to making mistakes but only the Guru and Waheguru do not make mistakes. Apart from Guruji and Waheguru taking the example of others as a basis of any choice is a bad idea. Humans are subject to making mistakes, if the Bhaiji at your Gurdwara was angry at you going to another Gurdwara then that is his Bhull (mistake) and that just proves that he is human. We can never expect any person to be perfect just as we ourselves are not perfect. Would you want some non-Sikh to look at your action of cutting your hair and say that Sikhs are cowards and that they cannot stand for their beliefs. What if some white guy comes up to you and says..hey dude how come you got cut hair and call yourself a seekh? What would you say? What you gonna say? Hey man I'm a modern Seekh!

I hope that one day you will get the courage to keep your hair.

lala2k ki kariye .... assi taan punjabch rehende punjabi schoolch pareya han .... ok if i spell religion right will u convert ..... ok let me try ...

RELIGION ....

now convert ....

ur half hindu half muslim .... better follow one out of two now .....

I agree with you. This fella is now a lala2k or musla2k or X2k now. Walking along the street, one would think that he is just a ordinary person and not a son of Guru Gobind Singh ji Maharaj.

Coming on a Sikhi forum site and posting that he wants to cut his hair and subsequently posting that he has already done so, sounds "dodgy" to me.

taru.jpg

"They arrested Bhai Taru Singh and he was taken to Lahore. There he was put in prison. In the prison he was subjected to severe, inhuman tortures for many days. He was asked to embrace Islam and get his hair cut. He was told, 'If you do that, you will be given in marriage a beautiful damsel of high Mughal family. You will be given riches and high position. You will lead a life of happiness and pleasure. If you refuse, you hair will be forcibly cut, you will be subjected to still severer tortures.'

'Finally, you will beheaded or broken on the wheel. Be well advised. Don't throw away your life and all that it can offer you.' Bhai Taru Singh firmly and defiantly refused to give up his faith. He said, 'Even if I were offered kingship of the whole world, even if all the beauties of Paradise were offered to me as my personal servants, even if the treasure of the entire world were placed at my feet, I would not give up my religion. It is far more precious and dear than all these. I would not let my hair be cut, not even a single hair. I am prepared to die. May God and the Guru let me die with my hair all intact.' Zakriya Khan said, 'Your God and Guru are powerless here. I am here to grant your prayer. Your hair shall not be cut. It will remain intact. Your scalp along with the hair shall be scraped off. What do you say to that ?' Bhai Taru Singh replied, 'That will be very good of you, indeed. Kill me in any manner that you like. Be quick. I am eager to join my martyred brethren at the feet of the Almighty and All-loving Father of all.'

Zakriya Khan gave the orders. Bhai Taru Singh was taken to the Nakhas, outside the Delhi gate. Thousands had been butchered there in the near past. A shoemaker was ordered to scrape off Bhai Taru Singh's scalp. Bhai Taru Singh stood the ordeal bravely. He went on reciting Japji and repeating the name of God. The scalp with the hair intact was scraped off. It was thrown before him. He bowed, and thanked God and the Guru. He was thankful that his hair had not been cut. After that, he was taken back to the prison. The tortures were repeated. "

everyone has their own problems in life, everyone comes from a different family, has different values, friends and a different lifestyle.

no one can imagine what i've been through with family and friends, that is- before i cut my hair.

i still respect the religion, and everyone who has faith in it.

everyones got their own opinions, thats all i can say.

everyone has their own problems in life, everyone comes from a different family, has different values, friends and a different lifestyle.

no one can imagine what i've been through with family and friends, that is- before i cut my hair.

i still respect the religion, and everyone who has faith in it.

everyones got their own opinions, thats all i can say.

I guess that's the end of it then.. Cutting hair has solved all your problems and now you're happy forever.

Goodluck

By the way my Muslim mates also respect the Sikh religion and people who have faith in it too..

Everyone's got their own opinions.

i doubt that you ll be sikh from heart , as it is most important for a sikh to keep rehat , as guru gobind singh ji said, Rehat Peyari mujhko , sikh payara nahi

so if someone doesnt keep rehat , he can never be a student of school where our prinicipal requested us to be in decipline before we become gradute in the school of grduate and become part of OUR MASTER ITSELF ( AKAL PURUKH )

Bro do remember to do ardaas before you go out to cut hair!

I heard some of them ruin your haircut!

dont worry. i never said i would stop doing paath anyways, i might loose my identity as a sikh but i will still be a sikh by heart, whether you like it or not.

fateh