Meat In Doncaster

khalsa s1ngh

i have a spiritual religious compulsion to refrain from eating meat! n for people who are interested in this topic there are threads on sikh philosophy forums on this stuff with many pple condoning this meat eating jhatka shite in gurudwarras.......whats next, alcohol?! if they want meat why not eat it away from the gurudwarra! why dont pple just take their shoes into the gurudwarra aswell, n they may aswell start uncovering their heads aswell....

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a spiritual religious compulsion to refrain from eating meat! n for people who are interested in this topic there are threads on sikh philosophy forums on this stuff with many pple condoning this meat eating jhatka shite in gurudwarras.......whats next, alcohol?! if they want meat why not eat it away from the gurudwarra! why dont pple just take their shoes into the gurudwarra aswell, n they may aswell start uncovering their heads aswell....

Oye besharam Jhatka is even mentioned in a few puratan Rehat Maryada and when Dhan Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji went to Shaheed Baba Gurbax Singh Ji's dera he is said to have ordered Jhatka and cooking of meat. So dont call it Shite, if anything your knowledge on this matter is shite.

i have heard off sikhs in doncaster, that in sum gurdwaras there they make meat on weddings and on sunday at the gurdwara, does any one kno of this

Their Goat curry is particularly nice!

Highly recommended!

Its good to see that the Sikh’s in Doncaster are going back to the traditional langar of the Guru’s time, instead of the current langar menu which is a legacy of the Brahmin mahants.

i have heard off sikhs in doncaster, that in sum gurdwaras there they make meat on weddings and on sunday at the gurdwara, does any one kno of this

Their Goat curry is particularly nice!

Highly recommended!

Its good to see that the Sikh’s in Doncaster are going back to the traditional langar of the Guru’s time, instead of the current langar menu which is a legacy of the Brahmin mahants.

You have stirred the hornets nest with that one but much of what you say it true. Even today areas of Sikh population untouched by brahmin influence such as Pakistan and Afghanistan still eat Jhatka.