Meat In Doncaster

khalsa s1ngh

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

o and randip singh, just cos u may like the taste of meat doesnt mean u should stalk me everywhere i wanna express my views. uv got ur opinion, ive got mine, u may be right i may be right or we both might be wrong, only god knows. im putting my point out there instead of leaving this as a one sided debate. i acknowlege i may indeed be wrong but at least i acknowledge it- im listening to my concscience n its saying NOOO to meat! lol im taking heed of my dreams n im saying no to meat- thats me personally, like i said, each to his own.

n how do u know im not gursikh yet- are u sure ure really there yet? i dont care what u do personally but when meats being cooked in the gurudwarra i put my foot down. its risky as hell. if this gut feeling is actually true, people are makin a hugeeee mistake. its all about the risk and the respect. theres still plenty of facts ppl dont know about sikhism but they still respect the ways the gurus and especially guu gobind singh ji left us. he left us not cooking meat in the gurudwarra so who are u or anyone else to question this, as well as the fact that it is respect to the vegetarians who visit the gurudwarra there may have been a greater reason. the kara is along its general reason for having it, also a great retainer of spiritual energy and heat when we do paath and naam japp. kesh, also retainer of this devine energy. the wooden comb, along with the fact that the wood does not generate static channels the etheric energy into the body through the solar center at the top of the head. The kanga is a tool for keeping the hair beautiful and bringing energy into the body, hair being made of the purest protein in the body. the gurus had full knowlege of energy and the scientific and spirtitual working of the world- u and i dont. so please dont question stuff like this cuz urs and my knowledge is very very limited compared to theirs...

Stalker??? Are you feeling OK? I have been posting on this site since it started. I moderate my own site www.sikh-history.com. Watch you mouth before making such idiotic acciusations.

As for the debate.......read my reply from my post before:

As for Langaar........I do not believe meat should be served at Langaar - WHY? - Langaar originally as started by Guru Nanak is open too all. If you started including meat, then it would excluded a section of society. Meat eaters tend not to object to vegetarian food wheras vegetarians tend to be (exception being Kurtas), militant in their views about meat. If meat were included there would be debates over Halaal, Kosher, Pork, Beef etc. Therefore, Langaar should be kept vegetarian. Saying that there are some sects that believe Onion and Garlic should be avoided.....so even with vegetarian diet you will get desenters.

Try reading before writing........it may help you long term.

i have a spiritual religious compulsion to refrain from eating meat! n for people who are interested in this topic there are threads on sikh philosophy forums on this stuff with many pple condoning this meat eating jhatka shite in gurudwarras.......whats next, alcohol?! if they want meat why not eat it away from the gurudwarra! why dont pple just take their shoes into the gurudwarra aswell, n they may aswell start uncovering their heads aswell....

Oye besharam Jhatka is even mentioned in a few puratan Rehat Maryada and when Dhan Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji went to Shaheed Baba Gurbax Singh Ji's dera he is said to have ordered Jhatka and cooking of meat. So dont call it Shite, if anything your knowledge on this matter is shite.

a person who eats meat cannot attain the spiritual level which is needed by a sikh. the guru cannot accept us , god will not accept us.

doesnt matter what you belive or what you do, or what marayda you belive, flesh will always be flesh however you kill the animal, and it will do no good to the person who eats it.

and obviously that doesnt mean we got make meat eaters our enemies or not associate with them, but it must be clear that meat has no place in the sikh way of life....... the problem is , is that people wont realise til the reach a certian stage of spirituality to understand and until then they will remain ignorant.

lets think about it practically, meat is not suitable for our digestive system, it contains toxins which are released when an animal dies, the diseases can be passed onto humans. our teeth are not adapted for carnivores, there are so many other foods god gave us which pass on to us less karams, vegtables and fruits are much healthier.

Dont say Guru Gobind Singh Ji ordered the cooking of animals, you shouldnt make such statements about the Guru unless you know what really happened, and understand the facts , punishment for it may be harsh.

bhul chuk marf karna

WHAT EVER YOUR VIEW EVERYONE KNOWS YOU CANNOT MAKE MEAT IN A GURDWARA. EVEN MOST BHATRA GURDWARAS KNOW THIS. THE FACT THAT SOMEONE DOES THIS DOESNT MAKE IT RIGHT.

and may i ask who the hell made this rule? or is it just all in your narrow minded head?

well meat eaters are narrow minded, instead of eating the thousands and millions of different foods put on earth by God for us, they choose to kill an animal which sees fear and feels pain and have no feelings about it?

u have a cheek to call him narrow minded because he thinks we shouldnt kill

No good eating pizza, chips and those veggie fingers if he does no exercise.

He'll blame it on the new pizza making machine they install at his gurdwara

Have you noticed that all these veggie brahmin Sikhs in supermarkets carefully analysing ingredients on everything they purchase, it is funny to watch as sometimes they have things like Ribena, cheese which has used animal products etc in trolley cus they do not know what half the ingredients mean.

They give you links to films showing cruel treatment to animals in meat trade but happily forget about all the cruel treatment cows in the dairy trade get.

why do you call us brahmins in such a negative way, do you know what the word means?. ? ? so u want to kill animals and hindus......... next u will want to kill sikhs, and maybe start eating us lol

you have no respect for gods creatures. because we dont want to kill, if this hurts you so much then at least think what the guru will think about u. but we need people like you , so that we dont forget how we could have been butchers n lost souls like you.

a person who eats meat cannot attain the spiritual level which is needed by a sikh. the guru cannot accept us , god will not accept us.

Ok....put the debate to one side that Guru's ate meat or not......for me it does not matter.

You are saying Moses, Jesus, Buddha ( http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/dharmadata/fdd21.htm) and Mohammed had no spirituality? They all ate meat. I find your statement incredible and totally unbelievable. Our Guru's were aware of these Holy men, and hence why they condemed such Hindu Vaishnavite thinking as you have stated above.

The debate here is whether to make meat in Gurdwara's or not......I say no despite being a meat eater, and the debate for me has nothing to do with spirituality because I have met far to many spiritual people who are vege and non-vege to convince me diet has no influence on that.

The Gurudwara should be open to all. Making meat there will exclude some people. End of Chat!

Papoo doesnt think they are making chatka :D

Papoo says stop the meat.

I agree.

Maybe if there were not so many "papoos" around today, we would not have this problem.

papoo thinks u r right penji. me and my brothers have become papoos and i am honestly admitting it.

we spend too much time arguing about these issues than tackle the problems we face. we wud rather hide behind our computers and sit in comfort at home or work, than go out and face hardship.

papoo thinks we will go around in circles and not progress if we dont stop bickering.