Meat In Doncaster

khalsa s1ngh

Mt friend I have been on a spiritual quest for years......and even after these years I know nothing.....but I do know one theing, and that arguing over such a trivial issue is irrelevant...........its like two wide boys from Ilford arguing that my BMW is faster than your BMW.

Best Wishes

Lol well im tired of arguing so i'll hear you on that one for today....

All the best

Sikh.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They had not choice. So it was allowed. Are we now living in jungles fearing for our lives? No. So eating meat is not justified. If it is, the Sikhs ate the flesh off their thighs too, lets see all those that support meat eating, do that!

Would you like salt and vinegar with that? Enjoy :wink:

Weere you there? Can you prove they had no choice? Have you got a reliable factual account of this? Give me dates and times of who wrote the accounts of they had no choice?

What glorious cusines were cooked in the jungles when Sikhs had nothing but the clothes on ther backs, and they were being head hunted, oh wise one?

What glorious cusines were cooked in the jungles when Sikhs had nothing but the clothes on ther backs, and they were being head hunted, oh wise one?

Actually their is a British account which I read of field rashions that Sikhs used to have when times were scarce and it consisted of a Potatoe like paste wrapped in a bread.

In times of peace they hunted the jungle hog.

Read:

Sikh History From Persian Sources - Grewal and Habib

also

Sicques, Tigers and Thieves - Eyewitness Accounts of the Sikhs (1606-1909)

Both are interesting contemporary accounts of Sikh behaviour during times of strife and peace.

Regards

Randip Beta....Can you provide links of ANY Sikhs eating meat from the Gurus time? Please don't include eating the flesh off their thighs, as this does not count!

baba deep singh ji ... himself perform jhatka ... read there janamsakhi ....

fight between baba bajj singh and baba banda singh bahadar .... first thing being banda bhadar a bearagi and veggi .. wanted all sikh panth to be a veggi .... khalsa panth never told him to eat non veg .... like today ... he insisted khalsa panth to be a veggi .... he stoped the jhatka in amritsar ... but later when traped in loh garh .... he has to change his mareyda .... bandai khalsa had to eat even there horses ... beacuse of no food ....

They had not choice. So it was allowed. Are we now living in jungles fearing for our lives? No. So eating meat is not justified. If it is, the Sikhs ate the flesh off their thighs too, lets see all those that support meat eating, do that!

in jungle as far as i know u have more choice/chance of finding fruits then a goat ....

and as u said if eating flesh was out of sikhi .... i bet puratan singhs would like to dieing then to eat flesh and go againts rehat mareyada ....

when it was ques of kess ... singhs gave up their lives but didnt cut them .....

when it was ques of nonveggi ... how come they dont have choice ???? ....

so according to u those singhs kept there life far above then rehat ....

Randip Beta....Can you provide links of ANY Sikhs eating meat from the Gurus time? Please don't include eating the flesh off their thighs, as this does not count!

baba deep singh ji ... himself perform jhatka ... read there janamsakhi ....

fight between baba bajj singh and baba banda singh bahadar .... first thing being banda bhadar a bearagi and veggi .. wanted all sikh panth to be a veggi .... khalsa panth never told him to eat non veg .... like today ... he insisted khalsa panth to be a veggi .... he stoped the jhatka in amritsar ... but later when traped in loh garh .... he has to change his mareyda .... bandai khalsa had to eat even there horses ... beacuse of no food ....

in jungle as far as i know u have more choice/chance of finding fruits then a goat ....

and as u said if eating flesh was out of sikhi .... i bet puratan singhs would like to dieing then to eat flesh and go againts rehat mareyada ....

when it was ques of kess ... singhs gave up their lives but didnt cut them .....

when it was ques of nonveggi ... how come they dont have choice ???? ....

so according to u those singhs kept there life far above then rehat ....

v1.gif

few days back i learned one more thing ... i think its the right topic to share it .... from ustadji while learning .... a sakhi came .... that how guru sahib send mata sundri to delhi .... and they gave them 5 shaster from their kamarkassa who actualy belong to shri guru hargobind sahib jee ... and told mata jee .... that these shasters are their roop .... and do their puja as they were guru sahib himself ....

all the five shasters are described by kaviraj bhai santokh singh ji .... and one of it is a big sword ( tegha ) .... belonging to 6 th master ... kept by 10th master in there kamarkassa .... and that tegha has a handle from where we hold the kirpan .... made of bone of a fish .... no wood or iron ....

and asked ustad ji where these shasters are now .... and till date they are kept with full respect at

RAKABGANJ SAHIB GURUDAWARA IN NEW DELHI ....

• 4 weeks later...