Meat In Doncaster

khalsa s1ngh

If u at a temple why eat meat?, that dishonest to the guru. if these people eat meat and there are skhi or sikh then why not drink or smoke drugs. guru made these site to pray and to become holy. If u cant practial sikhism then change the rules and open up a temple. hey the christian do this all the time.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK people im just saying for anyone that may read these quotes and take them as further evidence that god agrees with meat eating, they ARE NOT!
Tell them, 'At twilight you will eat meat, and in the morning you will be filled with bread. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God.'" 4Then the Lord said to Moses, "I will rain down bread from heaven for you. The people are to go out each day and gather enough for that day. In this way I will test them and see whether they will follow my instructions.
lol this isnt really a point but why would god rain down bread and not meat......????? just a small question, o n why did jesus break bread and not CHICKEN LEGS haha lol.

Jesus also drank WINEEEEE!!!! so is anyone who takes these quotes seriously gna say WINES OK TO DRINK NOW ASWELL BECAUSE JESUS DRANK IT???? or are u gna follow our gurus who told us to respect but not take heed of the teachings of other religions except their main aim, the worship of the divine one!

He only prohibits for you the eating of animals that die

of themselves (without human interference), blood, the

meat of pigs, and animals dedicated to other than GOD. If

one is forced (to eat these), without being malicious or

deliberate, he incurs no sin. GOD is Forgiver, Most

Merciful." [2:173]

again, WHO CARESSSSSSSS??? HALAL is banned in sikhism, therefore all other lectures of mohammod are not to be followed!!!

sooo, so far, ALCOHOL and HALAL. 2 of the five evils! doesnt matter even if ur tryin to prove a point, this crap shouldnt have been added on the posts, it can confuse people who dont know much else about these religions.......

"Monks, I allow you fish and meat that are quite pure in three respects: if they are not seen, heard or suspected to have been killed on purpose for a monk. But, you should not knowingly make use of meat killed on purpose for you." [2]
LOLL and therefore a DISEASED or very very raree piece of meat, u cant get this type of meat from ANYWHEREEE..... unless u go to the african desert n pick up a dead zebra while on a safari holiday, but even then what are the chances it isnt already half decomposed, disese ridden or been picked at and infected by dirty scavengers......

I know a point was tryna b proven that other religions do in fact approve of meat consumption, but even if they do, it doesnt matter cos their other ideals clash with Sikhi, which is most people heres accepted way of life....

no offence meant to anyone in particular...... :D

Sikh....are you sure you can read or are doing Law? :D LOL.gif

The question here was whether people can reach spirituality and eat meat.....Pawinder claimed no one can....I pointed out other religious figures had.....he said they never ate meat. grin.gif

I pointed out clearly and concisely that figures such as Moses, Buddha, Mohammed and Jesus clearly had and the ate it..............so to make statements that under no circumstance can a person who eats meat reach spirituality is a falsehood.............when these figues had.

Again try reading before answering what the question was in the first place.

PS To ridicule religious figures from other faith is un-sikh.

Well brother my eyes went all wacko.gif

BTW - I've never heard of any Guru eating meat of any kind. Some say they may have cooked it, or had it cooked, but if they had consumed i can assure you it would have been WELL DOCUMENTED!!

SACH JA CHOOOT??[/b]

This is pure folly.

Whether the Guru ate it or not would not have been documented because they considered this issue so irrelevant.

It is only the onset of Hindu Vaishnav's that converted to Sikhism in the late 19th Century in the late 19th Century that have made this such a controversial issue.............organisation and leaders of organisation of various Sant Mat and Dera's have links to such Hindu Vaishnav organisations.

can any one plz explain me this thing ....

when baba ramkuar ji was leaving for punjab from sach khand shri hajjor sahib baba jee asked guru sahib that its his name to do darshan of guru sahib and then eat food ... how will he live in punjab ...

guru sahib told them that when ever babaji wants to do darshan of him ... they should go for shikar ... and guru sahib will give them darshan every time they will go for shikar ...

thank you ....

I dont eat meat because i love animals and believe in animal rights, :D in India i made loads of animal friends tongue.gif when i was little, like moowee the chota, cookur the cock, dave the maj and happy the dog that humped my leg 24/7. Plus i thought God was in all so you cant possibly kill and eat animals when given the choice its not like your starving and on a remote island ehme a vegetarian diet is just as good as a meat one.

lmao hahahaha LOL.gif

I dont eat meat because i love animals and believe in animal rights, :D in India i made loads of animal friends tongue.gif when i was little, like moowee the chota, cookur the cock, dave the maj and happy the dog that humped my leg 24/7. Plus i thought God was in all so you cant possibly kill and eat animals when given the choice its not like your starving and on a remote island ehme a vegetarian diet is just as good as a meat one.

LOL.gifLOL.gif

We are talking about killing another living being , cutting its flesh and muscles which that animal relied upon for its existence and consuming it, primarily for the taste. It has been said that we are designed to eat meat and that we evolved to eat meat. There are many things that we can do but that does not make them right, we as gursikhs need to overcome these primal urges, we need to rise above them. We can exist quite happily without meat so why do many people feel the urge to consume it, taste plays a large part of it. Can we in our hearts believe that the Gurus advocated this?Question : Are beings born on this earth and have living bodies just to be a convenience food ? Or are beings born into a life with a body so that they can develop and eventually evolve away from karma and into Dharma ?

In the beginnings of SGGS , Guru Ji says :This human body has been given to you.This is your chance to meet the Lord of the Universe.Nothing else will work.Join the SaadhSangat, the company of the holy.Vibrate and meditate on the Jewel on the Naam.Make every effort to cross over this terrifying world-ocean.Your are squandering this life uselessly in the love of MayaI have not practiced meditation, self discipline,Self restraint or righteous living.I have not served the holy;I have not acknowledged the Lord, my king.Says Nanak, my actions are contemptible!O Lord, I seek Your Sanctuary, please preserve my honour.

This 'body' is given to all in order to meet Akal Purkh and the Guru says that there is no other way to meet him. We are so fortunate that in Gods wisdom he has blessed us with a human body, for it is only a human who can meditate upon His Name and gain salvation, no other animal has this ability. By killing a healthy animal for consumption interrupts its life experience and its evolution towards meeting God. Animals can sense impending doom especially if they can hear the death throws of their colleagues. This can evoke a very powerful glandular response in the animal, pumping hormones around its body. When you eat that flesh you take on those hormones, and you take on its karma. This has a great effect on your Atma (soul) , for the Atma feels pain. Why do you think we are always restless and only catch brief moments of inner peace ? This is beacuse the atma is seperated from its maker, it longs to be reunited with it, but adding the karma of another soul to yours you are 'weighing' yourself down even more with paap, you are also interfering with your own desire to meet Akal Pukh. If you have not cleared away your own karma why would you want to create the karma of killing and consuming the flesh of another being ?Sikhs do not eat or take into their bodies anything which is harmful or have an ill effect upon the body or mind. Meat is a stimulant of the gross passions of the mind and body. Meat is harmful on a physical, mental and spiritual level. You are killing a soul who is in the process of evolving towards God this is not going to help you in any way on your journey towards God. Meat stimulates your 'lower nature' making it impossible to achieve a meditative spiritual mind set, try sitting down and clearing your mind to meditate after comsuming meat, it cannot be done. If you want constant confusion and irritation then chew on a piece of flesh, if you want to feed your lower passions then carry on as you are. Make no mistake, when the noose of death is around your neck and the jaal (net) of maya (illusion) is finally lifted then all will become clear, but my friend, it will all be too late. If on the other hand you want to evolve spiritually , open up the capacity for meditative comprehension of higher truths, gain inner peace of which you have never known before, then the karmic and polluting nature of meat cannot be ignored. It is said by many that plants also have life so why do we not abstain from eating plants ?It is very true that plants do have life, Guru Nanak dev Ji has said "patti toray maalni, patti patti geeo" (The gardner plucks leaves from the plant, (but she does not know that) there is life in each leaf) but the karmic energy and consequences of eating plants do not compare to those of an animal which has feeling, possible thoughts, parental instincts towards its offspring, also plants (lentils, maize , spinach etc) are not harmful on a mental, spiritual level but are in fact good for the digestion.Much has been made of the Nihang Singh sect eating Maha Parshad, but the Nihangs also drink a concoction of Marihuana and opium called Suckha, are we all to start taking drugs because of this?

They (the truest of the true) burn away the bonds of the world, And eat a simple diet of grain and water.(SGGS p467)Kabir, those mortals who consume marijuana, fish and wine - no matter what pilgrimages, fasts and rituals they follow, they will all go to hell.(SGGS p1337)You kill living beings and worship lifeless things, at your very last moment, You will suffer terrible pain. (SGGS p332)Do not say that the Vedas are false, false are those who do not reflect. If in all is one god, then why does one kill the hen ? (SGGS p1350)Sayeth Kabir, that the best food is eating kichree (daal/lentils) where nectar sweet is the salt.You eat hunted meat, but which animal is willing to have their head cut ?(SGGS p1378)In this dark age of Kali Yuga, people have faces like dogs;They eat rotting dead bodies for food.(SGGS p1242)Sayeth Kabir, sayeth thou by "forcefully" killing living beings, Halaal.When in God's house, your accounts be taken, what will then there happen to you! (SGGS p1375) Kabeer bhang mashalee suraapaan, jo jo pranee khaan-heteerath barat neym kee-ey, te sabh rasaatal jaan-he (1377) suraapaan=alcohol rasaatal=below hell, underground. Those people who drink bhang, eat fish, drink alcohol,and do ritual bathing, keep fast, all shall be burried underground. The Vars of Bhai Gurdas Ji are known as the 'kunji' (key) to Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.// 31 pauree 9 : "Just because the Guru has saved the butcher,That does not mean that we can kill animals and eat them."

The only hymn in the whole of Sri Guru Granth Sahib that is specifically cited in support of eating meat is the hymn of Sahib Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji in the // of Raag Malhar on pages 1289-90 beginning with the couplet: Maas Maas Kar Moorakh Jhaghrrey. Gian dhian Nahin Jaaney. Kaun Maas Kaun Saag Kahaavey Kis Mah Paap Samaaney. (pg. 1289-1290) Only the fool quarrels over the question of eating or not eating of the meat. He does not have the True Wisdom. Without True Wisdom or Meditation, he harps onwhich is flesh and which is not flesh and which food is sinful and which is not.

A deeper study of the whole hymn brings out:Herein, Guru Sahib is addressing a Vaishnav Pandit who believes that he can achieve his spiritual goal only by avoiding meat as food and not trying to obtain the true wisdom through meditation. Guru Ji has stressed that only avoiding meat will not lead one to the achievement of Spiritual Bliss if one does not do Naam-Simran. This equally applies to all, including non-meat-eating Sikhs. It relates to the flesh or meat in general and not to any particular type of flesh - whether prepared by Halaal or Jhatka method. The Sikh supporters of flesh eating do not accept at all the intake of all types of meat, but according to them, only Jhatka meat is permissible and Halaal is totally prohibited. In other words, what does the term "Kuthha" denote? The flesh of the mother's womb wherein the human body is born, the flesh of the mother's breasts which feed the infant, the flesh of the tongue, ears, mouth, etc., used for perception of various senses of the body, the flesh in the form of wife and off-springs referred to in the Shabad, is flesh no doubt and one cannot escape it, but is it the flesh to be eaten as food by the humans? Does the love for this type of flesh involve any cruelty or slaughter of living bodies? Obviously, the Shabad has a deeper meaning telling Vaishnav pandits that merely escaping from the flesh does not take one anywhere. Nor can anyone get rid of the flesh (i.e., attainment of salvation from the cycle of birth and death) by his own futile efforts without the Grace of the True Guru.

We are talking about killing another living being , cutting its flesh and muscles which that animal relied upon for its existence and consuming it, primarily for the taste. It has been said that we are designed to eat meat and that we evolved to eat meat. There are many things that we can do but that does not make them right, we as gursikhs need to overcome these primal urges, we need to rise above them. We can exist quite happily without meat so why do many people feel the urge to consume it, taste plays a large part of it. Can we in our hearts believe that the Gurus advocated this?Question : Are beings born on this earth and have living bodies just to be a convenience food ? Or are beings born into a life with a body so that they can develop and eventually evolve away from karma and into Dharma ?

In the beginnings of SGGS , Guru Ji says :This human body has been given to you.This is your chance to meet the Lord of the Universe.Nothing else will work.Join the SaadhSangat, the company of the holy.Vibrate and meditate on the Jewel on the Naam.Make every effort to cross over this terrifying world-ocean.Your are squandering this life uselessly in the love of MayaI have not practiced meditation, self discipline,Self restraint or righteous living.I have not served the holy;I have not acknowledged the Lord, my king.Says Nanak, my actions are contemptible!O Lord, I seek Your Sanctuary, please preserve my honour.

This 'body' is given to all in order to meet Akal Purkh and the Guru says that there is no other way to meet him. We are so fortunate that in Gods wisdom he has blessed us with a human body, for it is only a human who can meditate upon His Name and gain salvation, no other animal has this ability. By killing a healthy animal for consumption interrupts its life experience and its evolution towards meeting God. Animals can sense impending doom especially if they can hear the death throws of their colleagues. This can evoke a very powerful glandular response in the animal, pumping hormones around its body. When you eat that flesh you take on those hormones, and you take on its karma. This has a great effect on your Atma (soul) , for the Atma feels pain. Why do you think we are always restless and only catch brief moments of inner peace ? This is beacuse the atma is seperated from its maker, it longs to be reunited with it, but adding the karma of another soul to yours you are 'weighing' yourself down even more with paap, you are also interfering with your own desire to meet Akal Pukh. If you have not cleared away your own karma why would you want to create the karma of killing and consuming the flesh of another being ?Sikhs do not eat or take into their bodies anything which is harmful or have an ill effect upon the body or mind. Meat is a stimulant of the gross passions of the mind and body. Meat is harmful on a physical, mental and spiritual level. You are killing a soul who is in the process of evolving towards God this is not going to help you in any way on your journey towards God. Meat stimulates your 'lower nature' making it impossible to achieve a meditative spiritual mind set, try sitting down and clearing your mind to meditate after comsuming meat, it cannot be done. If you want constant confusion and irritation then chew on a piece of flesh, if you want to feed your lower passions then carry on as you are. Make no mistake, when the noose of death is around your neck and the jaal (net) of maya (illusion) is finally lifted then all will become clear, but my friend, it will all be too late. If on the other hand you want to evolve spiritually , open up the capacity for meditative comprehension of higher truths, gain inner peace of which you have never known before, then the karmic and polluting nature of meat cannot be ignored. It is said by many that plants also have life so why do we not abstain from eating plants ?It is very true that plants do have life, Guru Nanak dev Ji has said "patti toray maalni, patti patti geeo" (The gardner plucks leaves from the plant, (but she does not know that) there is life in each leaf) but the karmic energy and consequences of eating plants do not compare to those of an animal which has feeling, possible thoughts, parental instincts towards its offspring, also plants (lentils, maize , spinach etc) are not harmful on a mental, spiritual level but are in fact good for the digestion.Much has been made of the Nihang Singh sect eating Maha Parshad, but the Nihangs also drink a concoction of Marihuana and opium called Suckha, are we all to start taking drugs because of this?

They (the truest of the true) burn away the bonds of the world, And eat a simple diet of grain and water.(SGGS p467)Kabir, those mortals who consume marijuana, fish and wine - no matter what pilgrimages, fasts and rituals they follow, they will all go to hell.(SGGS p1337)You kill living beings and worship lifeless things, at your very last moment, You will suffer terrible pain. (SGGS p332)Do not say that the Vedas are false, false are those who do not reflect. If in all is one god, then why does one kill the hen ? (SGGS p1350)Sayeth Kabir, that the best food is eating kichree (daal/lentils) where nectar sweet is the salt.You eat hunted meat, but which animal is willing to have their head cut ?(SGGS p1378)In this dark age of Kali Yuga, people have faces like dogs;They eat rotting dead bodies for food.(SGGS p1242)Sayeth Kabir, sayeth thou by "forcefully" killing living beings, Halaal.When in God's house, your accounts be taken, what will then there happen to you! (SGGS p1375) Kabeer bhang mashalee suraapaan, jo jo pranee khaan-heteerath barat neym kee-ey, te sabh rasaatal jaan-he (1377) suraapaan=alcohol rasaatal=below hell, underground. Those people who drink bhang, eat fish, drink alcohol,and do ritual bathing, keep fast, all shall be burried underground. The Vars of Bhai Gurdas Ji are known as the 'kunji' (key) to Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.// 31 pauree 9 : "Just because the Guru has saved the butcher,That does not mean that we can kill animals and eat them."

The only hymn in the whole of Sri Guru Granth Sahib that is specifically cited in support of eating meat is the hymn of Sahib Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji in the // of Raag Malhar on pages 1289-90 beginning with the couplet: Maas Maas Kar Moorakh Jhaghrrey. Gian dhian Nahin Jaaney. Kaun Maas Kaun Saag Kahaavey Kis Mah Paap Samaaney. (pg. 1289-1290) Only the fool quarrels over the question of eating or not eating of the meat. He does not have the True Wisdom. Without True Wisdom or Meditation, he harps onwhich is flesh and which is not flesh and which food is sinful and which is not.

A deeper study of the whole hymn brings out:Herein, Guru Sahib is addressing a Vaishnav Pandit who believes that he can achieve his spiritual goal only by avoiding meat as food and not trying to obtain the true wisdom through meditation. Guru Ji has stressed that only avoiding meat will not lead one to the achievement of Spiritual Bliss if one does not do Naam-Simran. This equally applies to all, including non-meat-eating Sikhs. It relates to the flesh or meat in general and not to any particular type of flesh - whether prepared by Halaal or Jhatka method. The Sikh supporters of flesh eating do not accept at all the intake of all types of meat, but according to them, only Jhatka meat is permissible and Halaal is totally prohibited. In other words, what does the term "Kuthha" denote? The flesh of the mother's womb wherein the human body is born, the flesh of the mother's breasts which feed the infant, the flesh of the tongue, ears, mouth, etc., used for perception of various senses of the body, the flesh in the form of wife and off-springs referred to in the Shabad, is flesh no doubt and one cannot escape it, but is it the flesh to be eaten as food by the humans? Does the love for this type of flesh involve any cruelty or slaughter of living bodies? Obviously, the Shabad has a deeper meaning telling Vaishnav pandits that merely escaping from the flesh does not take one anywhere. Nor can anyone get rid of the flesh (i.e., attainment of salvation from the cycle of birth and death) by his own futile efforts without the Grace of the True Guru.