Disposing Of Hair

TemptAsians

sume burry them...but they 4get that hair cant turn into ashes when buried, which leads to ppl stepping on them.

sikhs have so much respect for the hair that even when the hair is dead, it still is respected.

sum thro them in the water, but it ends up floating at the top

sum burn them while reciting the mul mantar.

sum thro it away in the trash along with the other garbage.(wat respect!!!)

my personal opinion is the burning is the best choice or

im thinking wat if we collected all of our dead hairs by the end of the month os so and then give it of to sumone that mnakes wigs for cancer patients if possible.

and burning hair doesnt seem like a ritual at all.

lol ... when anyone take amrit from any samparda akj ddt bd sgpc sants .... any one the punj peyare tell u about kesh sanskar ... what to do with kesh in ur kanga .... still people are fighting ....

kess sanskar is given when they tell about 1 st kuriti ....

sir toon laike per de anguthe taak kessa nu ek jann na ... kiss we ang toon kess katal nahi karne .... severe sham kanga karna .... ho sakke taan roj kessi ishnan karna .... kessa nu satkar sehet agan bhent karna .... kess kadde nange nahi rakhne ..... etc .... this is all kess sanskar .... its told to everyone and everywhere amrit sanchar is done

OMG

WAHEGURU JI !!!

I CNT BELIVE WHAT IM HEARING!!

kurtas if ure a so called sikh !!! .. then at least have respect for kesh!!

omg PPL ARE SO MASHED UP NOWADAYS!! .. have no repsect for kesh or sikhi !! ... yeah kaljug!!

dhan dhan sri guru granth sahib ji .. thankyou waheguru ji for blesssing us with kesh!! ...

eveyone needs to get rid of their EGOS!! .. and accept it waheguru ji

this kurtas guy seems not to know alot about the sikh way of life. he seems to have no respect , but alot of ego.............. im actually starting to think about his future, and his life in general, does it reflect the way he talks to others, or was it a bad upbringing which compels him to speak in such a negative way, if its neither then ifs ego........ if he does not respect sikhs then who will he learn from? will he receive the gurus kirpa? or is it back into the charasi lakh joons, or do you not belive in such a thing kurtas ji, you dont seem to belive in much?

next you will say there is no point in having a kanga ......... or something crazy.................

but back to the thread, the kesh is very important to sikhs and we need to learn to respect it.

hair has many functions , they have a spiritual significance which not many people know about, they are also one of the 5 kakkars because God gives each person the amount of hair they require and we (the gurus told us) that we should live in the will of God. so as you can see the hair is reallly reallyl important to sikhs, this is why people feel that we shouldnt just throw it in the bin, they find it hard to do that especially since it forms a major part of our life. so many sikhs belive that we should burn it or put it in a river..................... this can be seen as a sign of respect than a ritual. to this day i havent heard from anyone who is confident in what to do.........or many people dont question these things.............so its not set in stone 'yet' but whatever we do , we shouldnt argue over it.

and for the cheeky singhs who say why dont we burn nails and excrement, thats because they are not on the same level as kesh are, think about it please...............

You can just picture the scene, them buring their dead hair in the back garden on a cold January night.

Their goreh neighbours look over the fence and say, "What are you burning?",

"I'm buring the hair that's fallen off my body".

The goreh reply, "What even your pubes!!",

you are a very rude person,

and unless you have some particular disorder where your losing massive amounts of hair then you should see a doctor.

burning the hair isnt a big issue , it would take maybe 2 minutes n would be the amount that could fit in a match box if you roll it together. so you wouldnt need to inform the neigbhors or carry out a fire saftey assesment.

when you comb the hair you should do it over a towel , so you wont find it in your dyson, and the hair in the bath should be collected. i hope you will apologise to the sangat for ur rudeness when you understand the importance of respect to our hair.

Guest peacemaker

and unless you have some particular disorder where your losing massive amounts of hair then you should see a doctor.

burning the hair isnt a big issue , it would take maybe 2 minutes n would be the amount that could fit in a match box if you roll it together. so you wouldnt need to inform the neigbhors or carry out a fire saftey assesment.

when you comb the hair you should do it over a towel , so you wont find it in your dyson, and the hair in the bath should be collected. i hope you will apologise to the sangat for ur rudeness when you understand the importance of respect to our hair.

Collecting hair that has fallen into the shower is unhygienic.

Collecting hair that has fallen into the shower is unhygienic.

ok ,now your just looking for any excuse

the millions and millions of germs and bacteria we come into contact on our hands, and our body which we get from touching office doors at work, toilets, in peoples houses etc etc, is also unhygenic

iv done it and nothings happened to me .................if you relaly want me to answer the question , then i suggest its burnt straight away. and wash your hands and dry them using a paper towel!!! lol