Sri Sarbloh Granth

birr rass

im not sure if this is correct but Dasam Granth and Sarbloh Granth have less angs then Guru Granth Sahib ji to show respect and nimirta and that Guru Granth Sahib is the supreme authority! please correct me if im wrong. d_oh.gif

Bani Hai Guru, Guru Hai Bani. The Word is Guru, Guru is the Word. There for Aad Guru Granth Sahib, Dasam Guru Granth and Sarbloh Guru Granth are Guru and should be even equal respect. And I like to believe that Guru Granth Sahib is a collective of all Guru Granth and the word Aad also means Before Time or even First and not half as most sikhs think it is.

Ik Ong Kaar

There is One God

Sat Naam

The Supreme Truth

Karta Purak

Sustainer of All

Nir Bhau

Without Fear

Nir Vair

Without Hate

Akaal Moorat

Timeless, Without form

Ajuni

Beyond Birth and Death

Saibhang

Self Existent

Gur Parsaad

Realised by The True Guru's Grace

Jap

Meditate on the Name

Aad Sach

True in the Timeless Beginning

Jugaad Sach

True when Ages Began

Hai Bhi Sach

True Now

Nanak Hosi Bhi Sach

Says Nanak, God will eveymore be True

The translations for the Mool Mantar were from BOSS (British Organisation of Sikh Students).

I even think gutkay should be given equal respect. The amount of anga doesnt matter because Guru is formless. And its by his grace that we meet with him.

One of my many favorite Shabads from Dasam Guru Granth Sahib:

Bhai Balbir Singh - Mittar Pyare Nu - Khayal

http://www.sikhnet.com/Sikhnet/music.nsf/e...036;Body/0.24C6

And please note that in the shabad above starts with Patshahi Dashmi, refering to our Tenth Guru, Tenth Nanak. So saying that Dasam Guru Granth and Sarbloh Guru Granth is not Guru is like believing in Guru Gobind Singh Ji to not being the Tenth Guru. Sorry if this may upset people, I know every Sikh has so much love for Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

Please forgive me if im wrong or if ive upset any one.

bai, its not GURU sarbloh granth, yes its bani of dasam pita and we have utmost respect for it. BUT only and only guru is GURU GRANTH SAHIB JEE MAHARAAJ :)

vaheguru jee ka khalsa vaheguru jee kee fateh

sabh sikhan ko hukam hai guru maneyo GRANTH.

guru granth sahib jee maharaj is

aad guru granth sahib, dasam guru granth sahib and sarbloh guru granth sahib.

if our only real guru is aad guru granth sahib jee, then wats the point in recitin jaap sahib or swaiye or chaupai sahib in our nitnem? a Guru is a teacher...as our guru is our teacher, can we only learn from aad guru granth sahib jee and not learn anything from the dasam bania??

forgive me for any mistakes

fact still remains guruship was bestwoed on dhan guru granth sahib ji maharaaj ONLY :)

uhhhh and when did i say we shouldn't be reading dasam bani rolleyes.gif

if guru ship was bestowed on aad guru granth sahib jee, then reading of dasam bani is invalid. as guru amar das jee maharaj has told us in anand sahib

satguru bina hor kachee hai bani

bani tha kachee satguru baajhau hor kachee banee

kehadhae kachae sundhae kachae kachee aakh vakhaanee

if reciting anything else than guru bani, which you are saying is only aad guru granth sahib jee ONLY then reciting any dasam bani, or any bani not found within aad guru granth sahib jee is false.

Papi bhai sahib/bibi jee, bhai gurdas jees vaaran are also considered as bani as well as dasam bani. as we both know, it is sachee bani that guru amar das jee explains, the true bani, so therefore that bani must also be our Guru.

forgive me for my many mistakes

fact still remains guruship was bestwoed on dhan guru granth sahib ji maharaaj ONLY :)

uhhhh and when did i say we shouldn't be reading dasam bani rolleyes.gif

well let me go a little off topic .... guru gobind singh ji never ever showed himself as guru among other sikhs .... they always say that they das of akal purakh .... and they always give credit for any thing good he has done to akal purakh or khalsa panth ...

when ever he won

waheguru ji ki fathe

dasme pita created khalsa

waheguru ji ka khalsa

there is a tuk in which dasme pita said whos ever meditates on his name will go to narak ... i cant remember it now ... but there is one ...

so have sikhs stoped taking guru gobinds name ???

why because it love for guru sahib which is far more then fear of narak ...

same thing is with there banni .... they never ever tried to merge it in guru granth sahib .... its respect for guru nanak dev guru angad dev that i m ur das .... this is the only reason ....

guru sahib never said that he is guru or even equivalent to other gurus ..... its there nimanapan ..... but we worship them .... guru sahib never kept there banni equivalent to bani of other gurus .... so papi bhajji shouldnt we worship it to ????

and one more thing bhajji do you just read or also follow the jaap choupai banis ???? they are from dasam guru granth sahib .... indirectly no matter we question we point fingers towards dasam granth ... but in the end we will find ourselves following it ....

I dont question dasam bani, i dont have enough knowledge of it. my nitnem includes jaap sahib, sawaye, chaupi, as ordered by panj :)

also, dont you think that if guru gobind singh wanted us to treat dasam bani like we treat guru granth sahib jee then he would've for sure added dasam bani to guru granth sahib jee. look, all i am saying is that guru granth sahib jee is our present and forever guru.

BUT, dasam bani, since it is writings of guru gobind singh jee is also respected and followed by the panth.

its just a play of words really. i can't explain myself properly i guess :cool:

as guru amar das jee maharaj has told us in anand sahib

may i suggest that you please PLEASE read the WHOLE pauri before doing translation of it. :) thanks.

as guru amar das jee maharaj has told us in anand sahib

may i suggest that you please PLEASE read the WHOLE pauri before doing translation of it. :) thanks.

i did thanks :cool:

papi jee, no-one is trying to start an argument of fight here and we are all of limited knowledge, so before trying to belittle someone elses posts, please think that they are on the same path as u and only trying to learn.

there is a tuk in which dasme pita said whos ever meditates on his name will go to narak ... i cant remember it now ... but there is one ...

so have sikhs stoped taking guru gobinds name ???

He did not say that. He said whoever calls him Parmeshar well go to hell, he also added that there isnt any difference with him and God, this is written in Bichitra Naatak in Dasam Guru Granth Sahib. The name Gobind means Lord of the universe and Gobind comes up in Aad Guru Granth Sahib so many times. All the Gurus' told us to Naam Jap.