Mona

Guest vjkk vjkf

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

I can only apologize so many time veero. The poster asked for an honest opinion, so I gave one... even with a statement saying that I AM WRONG. I've never denied that. I will continue to say that my opinion is wrong. I'm not perfect.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

veer, that statement wasn't directed towards you. its just a little something i've noticed lately, and frankly it scares me.

if it came off that i was adressing you, i apoligize, i'm sorry. :ysad: that wasn't the intent.

Guest _vaheguru_
Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

I can only apologize so many time veero. The poster asked for an honest opinion, so I gave one... even with a statement saying that I AM WRONG. I've never denied that. I will continue to say that my opinion is wrong. I'm not perfect.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

aww veerji dont apoligize. you said your honest opinion. your honest. theres is NOTHING wrong with that!!!

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Sorry papi, I wasn't referring to your comment. I actually agree with your comment that this type of a view is a problem. But, I was referring to "Ghetto Superstar" who doesn't seem to want to read what I've been writing.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

well..i personally hate the word mona and moni cuz its used now in a way which i see as 'rude' ...i just call them non-kes dhari

...most of the time, it depends where you see them, what theyre doin (and maybe with who), what theyre wearing etc....i dont know...gotta look at a lot of things

but personally...i cant really say that i judge against them. 95% of my friends are non kes dhari (mona/moni)

my dad used to be a non kes-dari up until around age 44 and still had mad respect to people following religion before that.

it all depends really.....

if i see a girl/boy whos non kes-dhari, i never think much of it.

if i see a girl/boy whos non kes-dhari AFTER havin kes for a good amount of time (and cuttin it for reasons such as 'i didnt fit it' 'i couldnt take care of my hair' 'i looked ugly' 'theres no point in it anymore' etc..) then i wouldnt have respect for the person.

and of course...i wouldnt even wanna look at a person who had once taken Amrit, then later had become MONA/MONI

that is the ONE AND ONLY time i would say mona/moni....

other than that, we're all Gods children, though we're gonna get diff results in the end.....

peace...

GurFateh.

as someone so nicely put it on this board sometime back. something along the lines of

old/real sikhi - i'm nothing, everyone else is better than me,

new sikhi - if you dont have amrit, you are not even a sikh :ysad:

before the creation of sgpc things were different .... that was the phase of snatan sikhi .... golden sikhi ....

my nana ji is singh ... his father was a hindu ... my nana jis brother/sister was hindu ... sister married with singh ... converted to sikhism after marriage ...

at that time it doesnt matter ... father was sikh son was hindu ... brother in law sikh ... wife hindu .... it was not a matter ... everyone should ask their grand father what was sikhi at there time ....

the thing was that eldest son was made a sikh ... he was given amrit and was send to gurudwara to learn about relegion ... and other children were made hindus .... mundan was done ....

there was respect for each other .... they never questioned why amrit ....

its was aray samj in hindus who first said ... hindus should not go to gurudwars .... and in sikhs it was sgpc ....

now 2006 .... there is ques .... i dont want kess i dont want amrit ... yet i want to be a sikh ....

its just like i dont want biology as my subject but i want to be a surgeon .... :)

and about 4 kuritiyan .... hukamnama is at anadpur sahib ... it states that A SIKH WHO KEEPS MILLWARTAN WITH SIKHS WHO INDULGED IN ANY KURITI IS NOT MY SIKH ... its framed and kept there ....

and if ur a sikh and singh as last name ... that clearly means one of ur forefather has taken amrit ...

calling urself singh without amrit ... arent we changing guru sahibs defination of singhs ....

The ones that irk me are those that take amrit one day, and a week later shave it all off. I've had bad experiences honestly, and I admit that that is clouding my judgment.

woahhh thats the worst thing ive ever heard!!! how can someone take amrit and cut their hair!!! the promise was made to guru gobind singh ji who had protected them day and night as a son/daughter up till that point and then they go and break his heart like that!! that'd be like your son/daughter stabbing a knife in your back!!! no.gif shocking, soo shocking :)

yes we should all try and grow kesh and become amritdhari, but u guys dont get that some ppl arent born into families that bought us up as gursikhs .. if u give ppl that kinda attitude "well ur a PATIT .." theyr not rly gna wana follow sikhi are they? esp when they know sikhi as being about equality.

i agree with akhoza, that the comments on sites such as hi5 r pretty lame, drinking and having a khanda pattern shaved on ur head is not "repping" sikhi and these ppl give all sehajdharis a bad name.. but u cant say all moneh r like that cuz alot of them genuinely want to learn and hope of taking amrit one day. but then there are those who are spiritual and are happy with that, so let them be, Waheguru is for everyone not just sikhs.

i also agree with hardkaurwarriorz that the term moneh is used by MOST people in a derrogatory way.its like the way muslims use the word "kaffir"!!!!!!

for those that want to come into sikhi but dont have the support of their families/friends who have they got?the family want them to stay punjabified and the gursikhs (who share the views as those shown above) wont befriend you unless u got sikhi saroop

"moneh call us granthi etc" sooo whhhaaat?! their are many many moneh who flippin give u utmost respect and aspire to be as strong in their sikhi as u urselves r.

how many people on this forum were moneh before they came into sikhi?! LOTS OF U!

DONT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER - let them become stronger in their sikhi and the appearance will follow once they have realised its omportance for THEMSELVES (ie without anyone forcing it down their necks)