Before Sikhi...

Let me first empahsie that I am a firm beliver in Sikhi and its values. However, what happened before Sikhi?

For those who are stern belivers in Sikhi being the only true way to God....what happened before Sikhi was 'created' by Guru Nanak Ji? I for one belive that Sikhi isn't the only way to reach God...in the sense of adopting the man-made religions of the world. It seems Naam (the divine word and listing for that Naam when meditating, Japping etc etc) is the common link between us but some religions are twisted by men into making less of this particular aspect (aka Christianity).

I was just curious to see what those who think Sikhi is the ONE and ONLY true way, think that way?

Adding onto this, and its a little off topic, but how many of us are actually proud to be Indian?

I'm British Indian....but I feel proud to be Indian. I am aware of the issues a lot of people have with the GOVERNMENT of India....but we have the greatest and most richest culture and community and religions in India dates back thousands of years and its such a great culture/lifestyle that I really think we should make more of it rather then bashing away at how crap India is because of the Government....

aad sach jugaad sach.

True In The Primal Beginning. True Throughout The Ages.

hai bhee sach naanak hosee bhee sach. ||1||

True Here And Now. O Nanak, Forever And Ever True. ||1||

Our human thinking gives boundries to Sikhi and I think sometimes we fall in the trap of thinking Sikhi follows some kind of time line or was a creation. But Maharaj tells us True In The Primal Beginning. True Throughout The Ages. True Here And Now. O Nanak, Forever And Ever True. .

Guest Dancing Warrior

Religion has walls and barriers, systems of control, it is mathematical, mechanical, this is what modern day Sikhi has become, do this do that you will get this get that, get to heaven go to hell all nonsense and very boring. As with all things its what you make it, I once said to a Singh “who wants to go the heaven must get really boring up there, surly its more full messing around in hell” it was a joke but the Singh didn’t think so. This is the ridged reality.

Sikhs will tell you today that Sikhi started with Guru Nanak Dev ji and was finalised in its present form by Guru Gobind Singh Ji, that it is a religion distinct and separate from all others. Usually there is a very self propelled righteousness amongst some who also dispel others faiths a laughable and comical especially Hinduism. I also managed upset another Singh one day when I told him the word Onkar is the ultimate primary word found in the Vedas, for simplification a Hindu Script and that is where Guru Nanak sourced it from, if I told you what the Singh said the moderator on this forum will give me a sever telling off! LoL !!

If you want to find the roots to your real history don’t ask anyone on this forum this is a hub for intolerance, narrow mindedness, prejudice, racism , you get the drift. Do the research there is sooo Much out there, happy hunting. May Akal guide you :TH:

i m not sure if sikhi is the only way to reach god ............but erm i think sikhi shud be taken better as a lifestyle than a religion............because...........in a religion one can make choices to follow...........but erm i think.........either is one a sikh......or not!!!!! ((((((((((therefore......no more choices)))))))))))))

because sikh means a student....and we r the students of guruji. when we follow what he says we will be called sikhs..............if not...........then not!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WJKK WJKF

Sikhi is not the only way to get to Maharaj, but is the quickest and simplest. For example we keep our hair, that hair is our link with God, we do not intoxicate ourselves- that way we can keep our mind on maharaj. Other religions have restrictions but not as strict as ours, that way they have a longer path to God , but with a pure mind will surely get there. :)

Bhul Chuck Maaf

WJKK WJKF

Religion has walls and barriers, systems of control, it is mathematical, mechanical, this is what modern day Sikhi has become, do this do that you will get this get that, get to heaven go to hell all nonsense and very boring. As with all things its what you make it, I once said to a Singh “who wants to go the heaven must get really boring up there, surly its more full messing around in hell” it was a joke but the Singh didn’t think so. This is the ridged reality.

That heacen and hell you talk about don't exist in Sikhism and if you do manage to find the meaning of heaven trust me it won't be a boring experience there.

Sikhs will tell you today that Sikhi started with Guru Nanak Dev ji and was finalised in its present form by Guru Gobind Singh Ji, that it is a religion distinct and separate from all others. Usually there is a very self propelled righteousness amongst some who also dispel others faiths a laughable and comical especially Hinduism. I also managed upset another Singh one day when I told him the word Onkar is the ultimate primary word found in the Vedas, for simplification a Hindu Script and that is where Guru Nanak sourced it from, if I told you what the Singh said the moderator on this forum will give me a sever telling off! LoL !!

No the word in the vedas is Omkar and the word in SGGS is Ek Oankar. Where Omkar has no meaning, Ek Oankar's meaning is all throughtout the gurbani. There is a BIG difference :) This is the ridged reality. May Akal Purakh Waheguru guide you.