6th Annual Yudh 07 Gatka Tournament

4givme4mysins

I know who the organisers are from midlands and no doubt they are chardi kala guursikhs but I don’t agree. You will find that even last year a number of akhaaras from south didnt take part and will not be coming this year. Previous to this Akharas from down south have been in the top position in the tournament.

Look back when 2 years or so and you will find many chardi kala naujawan have taken amrit in the past 2 years or so as they have been learning gatka through the training by there ustaads they have built pyaar for sikhi and decided to take a step forward. This is done with pyaar, sehj and not pushing people away. I don’t agree with the rules which have been made as we are just pushing people away, look at camps and how many people come back inspired after living with gursikhs for a week, a similar situation applies here.

dhanvad

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ek Onkar Satnam

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Sangat Ji Yudh is organised by non-profit organisations, the Khalsa Panth Akhara and are support by many other groups. We have stated many times that Yudh is only held to promote the Khalsa way of life, and the life style of a warrior saint. The entry rules of not commiting the 4 kurayts is to enforce that the tournament is following khalsa panth marayda, if some one does not follow this rule then the tournament is not following khalsa panth marayda. If Guru Gobind Singh asked for his sikhs to present themselves only with long kesh and shastar then who are we to argue that hukam

Gurfateh ji

i rekon you should have dastar to beable to participate. appearance is important in sikhi, if we are wearing bana then we are respresenting sikhi, if a person in bana commits sins then that is their problem and will suffer. this doesnt mean monay will run away, infact they would keep kesh if they really wanted to participate. and im sure you can go and watch if your a mona.

if we allow monay in , then someone will say we dont need to keep kesh at all!

keeping kesh is always a good step in the right direction, if you dont keep your kesh and wear a dastar then there something wrong, those who have true love for the guru will always take the step of keeping kesh n dastar, along with path , simran etc. cutting your kesh and trimmming a beard are the worst things anyone can do becos that is what great sikhs sacrificed their lives for.

all this arguing is pointless , the rules are obviously set, so lets get on with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I just say for those of us using Pulic Transport and trying to get to the Venue...Its a blooming Nightmare!

And May I add extremely expensive..

A Humble request for those of that dont have cars can the next Venue be somewhere with good Coach and Train Transport Links...

Thank You! :TH:

Now am Gonna get back to working out the cheapest way to get there! grin.gif

Ek Onkar Satnam

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Yudh 07 Gatka Tournament Holla Mohalla is here - Saturday 03/03/07 - Gurdwara Amrit Parchar Dharmic Diwan Oldbury West Midlands UK - Lets celebrate the this great event in our proud Martial and Kirtan tradition

Yudh 07 Gatka Tournament - 8.30am - 17.00pm

Yudh 07 Gatka Kirtan Reinsbhai - 19.00pm - Amrit Vela

Please visit www.khalsapanth.co.uk/schedule.htm for details

Gurfateh Ji

so who went to yudh this year?

ne1 got any pics?

i was there

was kwl

i didnt fight tho

maybe next year

hopefully

:lol: :lol: :umm: :cool::D

n congratulations to

INFANTRY WARRIORS!! from sedgly st gurudwara

wooowooo

lol

sodhi, lally, hari, gav, pinder!!!

well done

and well done to every1 else who participated, whether you won or lost, or even if u just went 2 watch

hope u all had a wkkd tym n hope u keep it up

:)

VAHEGURUJIKAKHALSAVAHEGURUJIKIFATEH!!!